project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2010-11-27, 11:04   #41
anglomanii
Default Re: Hawkei officially replacing the Land Rover in the ADF?

this is a polite request to the Dev's and the ADF comfac modelers....

"IF" say with in the next 6 months the hawkei is chosen as the JTLV ADF selection, what possible models will be required and in what context would they be utilized in the Mod.

remember i said if, and i have ABSOLUTELY no inside knowledge on the matter, it's pure conjecture.
Old 2011-01-30, 06:54   #42
Nathanual Nolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MPN]Slouch2 View Post
The standard Land Rover is being replaced by the BMW G-Wagon (See Page 8) where the SAS patrol vehicle is now the Nary Patrol Vehicle, which is a slightly modified Supacat/Jackal. It's named after WO2 David Nary who died during training in the Middle East.

Here's a Nary I spotted last year while in Perth-

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2815/16032009d.jpg

Looks Familliar i saw that G-wagon well camo version and a few more in Holsworthy Base when i was going home from work one afternoon my CO said there the new trucks for 3 RAR and we might be gettin some aswell for our Arty Unit
Last edited by Dunehunter; 2011-01-30 at 12:04..
Old 2011-02-17, 02:49   #43
DMC
Retired PR Developer

Hello

Well thats a shame I made a Hawkei last year...not finished....and based on the old design.

(still RAW and very simple interior...plus textures were a test only)

The (AAF) Australian mod I was making this for collapsed sadly.

Made a Collin Class sub and all sorts...lol
Old 2011-02-17, 03:20   #44
ChiefRyza

I was under the impression that the Hawkei would fit a different role to the Land Rovers being replaced by the G-Wagon? Haven't heard anything at all about the Hawkei project being ditched.
Old 2011-02-17, 05:56   #45
ToonS
Supporting Member

I do hope they go with them. They really are an awesome looking vehicle.
Old 2011-02-19, 02:28   #46
anglomanii

hawkei is still definitely going ahead and has most definitely not been canceled., i know this as a fact, and to but some more steam up this too, several new proto-types and pre-production variants have also been completed. several more blast and penetration tests have also been completed. the plasan armour modules have worked beyond expectations.
this vehicle is still at the top of armies list of new accuisitions, only hurdle will be DMO stuffing it up yet again.

p.s: g-wagon, hawkei and bushmaster are all different families of vehicles intended to fulfill different roles.
Old 2011-02-19, 20:12   #47
Redamare
Supporting Member

haha i was just going to say that model looks WAY to good to be a BF2 object hahaha looks even better than PR AMRA2 object detail . . :P ahha
Old 2011-02-20, 05:11   #48
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
haha i was just going to say that model looks WAY to good to be a BF2 object hahaha looks even better than PR AMRA2 object detail . . :P ahha
yes well it will need some optimisation before its added into game :P

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2011-02-20, 10:50   #49
HangMan_

Just a question, can the Hawkai support an RWS system? Would be cool to have an open top version and an RWS version if they support them in R/L
Old 2011-02-20, 11:01   #50
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

as far as i know yes. Always can be wrong but from what i have heard yes

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth

Tags
adf, hawkei, land, officially, replacing, rover