project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-09-24, 23:50   #41
scandhi
Default Re: [Request] Swedish Forces mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]KP View Post
Player model:

As long as avatars like is included i am all in! Back OT.

As said the raid strategy deploy in aftermath of first wave attacks by aggressors could be put in a tweaked insurgency/counterattack gameplay. This is if swedish forces is included in some sort of ISAF or EU force senario.
Like in afganistan, talibans start moking moves up north, harrassing the locals (insurgency). OR like in Sudan, forces comes under attack by heavy armed militia or regular army. Just an idea..
scandhi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:33   #42
obZen

Variety is always good. If you dont like it then just dont do it and no harm done. I dunno about you guys but sometimes if I get stuck on a certain faction in a certain map I just dont want to play (in particular the Rebels). Variety will always keep people interested whether it be a specific gun, vehicle or maybe just a certain map they like.

It would be really cool to have a joint forces type battle in Afghanistan or something, where one squad would be CDN, another UK, another Swedish, another Dutch, etc...
obZen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:12   #43
supahpingi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegron View Post
Oh, but what I meant is that new factions could join up and go together as a united battlegroup. I don't think USMC should be named NATO now or whatever, that wouldn't make any sense. But, maybe factions that don't make it into PR (on their own) can join up and form an "alliance" faction. And perhaps combine it also with "proposal" factions, like the Swedes. But I think as always should count, that whatever faction it is, it has to be -good enough- to be in PR, otherwise it's a simple no-go. But that's just my opinion!

Edit: oh, maybe ISAF is a nice faction name
EEUH...sweden isnt part of nato,but the US is so the USMC would make a better chance being in nato the sweden....
supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 16:18   #44
Raegron

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahpingi View Post
EEUH...sweden isnt part of nato,but the US is so the USMC would make a better chance being in nato the sweden....
"NATO" was just an example... . I don't approve "EU" either, it's just to give an example of what I meant.
Raegron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 14:54   #45
Fenrir07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed View Post
What exactly would this add in terms of gameplay?
The gameplay would be more interesting.

More factions equals more fun...
...and all we ever want is more.
Fenrir07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 07:36   #46
markonymous

Well seeing as how swedish warfare is based a fair bit on the ocean we could add the water element to PR with the:

Visby corvette:

and the Gotland class submarine:

Maybe the Stockholm and Göteborg corvettes as well?
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 08:47   #47
Engineer

In that case the Swedes would be pretty victorious, as their only opponent would be RIB's by faction X...

Also naval warfare has been discussed, the problem is that it is impossible to make it anywhere near realistic. Where the distances are several kilometers, I'd imagine creating working radar systems and missiles is impossible task to do. Unless there is a way to scale things down way much, meaning one ship would be the size of a footsoldier.. And where 1km in game would mean several in that scale. Doubt it will work.

If you want swedish equipment in game, I'd suggest the Nordic Battlegroup.. I think thats the best bet there is.

Nordic Battlegroup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though, it would probably need some tweaking.. Leo's for example, NH90, Some AA-systems, depending on the opponent.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:41   #48
torenico

Theres a mod, their are making Denmark, Norway and i think, Sweden. I saw some Norwegians Frigates..
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 16:10   #49
Farks

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Theres a mod, their are making Denmark, Norway and i think, Sweden. I saw some Norwegians Frigates..
That was Northern Conflict, and they've switched game to Crysis.
Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 20:17   #50
Fenrir07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
If you want swedish equipment in game, I'd suggest the Nordic Battlegroup.. I think thats the best bet there is.
Been suggested before, and then it led to Norwegian Forces...

Though the NBG would, in game terms, be no different than Swedish forces.
Fenrir07 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, forces, mod, proposal, request, swedish