project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-10-04, 17:36   #41
UncleSmek
Default Re: Let everyone drag bodies

yeah let everybody drag bodies its actually not a bad idea
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 21:59   #42
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
mostly feedback from you guys if we should.
I still think it would take away from the role of the Medic, which should be made more important in PR.

I also think other roles should be made more important to the average player. For instance role specific officer kits.

However, I like the idea of it being a part of the "unarmed" kit, so if you do it, you have to drop your kit, there is some sort of stress added and would be less arcade.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-02, 20:35   #43
NorthernPryde

I think everyone should be able to Drag bodies. Atleats more kits to do so
NorthernPryde is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-03, 02:31   #44
Brotherscompany

PR is special because the Medic feels like its own mini game, don't take out the fun and uniqueness of it
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-03, 15:10   #45
Corvin

I would add dragging at least just for Rifleman
Corvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-03, 17:13   #46
labonte95
Supporting Member

I really liked the idea of dropping your kit to have the drag ability. You're able to drag a teammate into cover while you wait for a medic to move up and revive. I think it would be even better for teamwork, and you can keep your medics safer. I can't see it taking away from the medic role at all, and just seems more realistic to let anyone drag a body.

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-03, 17:36   #47
labonte95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
Agree but than the question comes up why a pilot is in the middle of a map and dragging wounded soldiers?
Shouldn't he supposed to be in a chopper seat?
A crashed chopper crew scenario is the only reason why a pilot is not in his cockpit seat but who gonna be revive the guy that got dragged?

Crewman, sure, should have it due to weight of equipment but would you leave your driver or gunner position to drag a body? Also, many apc's give you the ability to request kits from it. If you can request the medic kit, would it make sense to give dragging to the crewman kit?

Isn't that a step backward? Why the Devs implemented the pilot and crewman kit system?
Why we have the restrictions that a medic cannot fly a chopper or drive a tank?

Wasn't it made to give each kit a important unique role?
I think you are completely missing the point on why everyone should be able to drag. At the end of the day, PR is a realism sandbox game so it just makes sense to have it. All your arguments are just a crewman should be in a vehicle, a pilot should be piloting, etc. But that APC or chopper isn't gonna live forever. That crew is eventually gonna find themselves in a situation where they get pinned while they wait for a medic to arrive. It just makes sense they should be able to drag someone to safety, and provide cover while they wait.

Could you imagine in real life if you got shot and your sniper buddy was like nah, I cant drag you to safety it isn't part of my role XD. And yea, I know PR is a game but its a game that strives to be realistic. And dragging teammates body should be a feature in any milsim that tries to be realistic.

This would be a change that if implemented correctly, would only benefit gameplay.

I have no idea what you mean about kit restrictions system as this feature wouldn't affect that at all. Medic is still unique as its the only kit that can revive, only pilots can fly, and only crewman can crew vehicles so how would it be a step backwards and not a giant leap forwards?

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 19:54   #48
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I rather just do the bandage and stab trick and let them crawl away than dragging them to safety, dragging is just too slow and risky in most cases
This is the only game of its kind where we can examine, experiment and perfect the methods. Dragger is bait, cover him. It gets interesting

So we have many suggestions to get it done.

1.) Commo Rose

2.) Alt fire on knife (save ALT fire on shovel for future melee, they'll figure it out)

3.) Drop kit

4.) Most kits don't use the 9 key. Which even if it did you just take out the patch while dragging for that kit, medics don't need to hold the 2 key.

5.) Use E or create an "Interact" key that isn't used to drag bodies when crouched.

6.) Get creative, expand your mind

So many side suggestions too for other related things. We can reduce the need for medic with a playing dead "ragdoll" slot in un-armed dropped kit.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 09:41   #49
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
afaik this can only be done with a weapon slot, so each kit would need a slot for dragging.
Could it be a hidden weapon slot that doesn't show up on the interface but is still bindable?

Its a really cool and realistic idea and would make for some interesting situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labonte95 View Post
I really liked the idea of dropping your kit to have the drag ability. You're able to drag a teammate into cover while you wait for a medic to move up and revive. I think it would be even better for teamwork, and you can keep your medics safer. I can't see it taking away from the medic role at all, and just seems more realistic to let anyone drag a body.

Yeah that's cool too, its a good compromise.
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 13:50   #50
cabalistik

I mean OK, let's say the dragging for everyone gets added to the game in one way or the other. How often do you think players would use it in the game?

Also, to have a reason to drag someone to safety you would have to be able to revive them fairly quickly. If there are no medics close by, then there is no reason to drag a wounded player to safety. And if there is a medic nearby, then wouldn't it be best for the medic to drag the casualty and for the rest of the squad mates to cover him?

I really don't really see any reason to add dragging for everyone into PR, it's an unnecessary feature that would only be useful in very rare situations. The downside of having it is that it would clutter the selection menu making things more even complicated for new players.
cabalistik is offline Reply With Quote