project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Finnish Defense Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Finnish Defense Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Finnish Defense Forces faction.

Old 2011-12-16, 11:41   #41
kurbutti
Default Re: FDF Hilight Reel #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulabi View Post
And about the fragvests neck protection, it's a playermodel issue, we would have to edit the playermodel itself and that's a no-no i believe. (All factions should have similar playermodels so the kit geometries fit)
I kind of anticipated that it's a modelling restriction. It's just that I had so much fun biting that collar during my time that it's absence kind of stood out. :P On that note, I suppose it's not possible even if the thing was an actual part of the kit geometry itself? I also see you've removed those shoulder guards for the same reasons I assume.
Old 2011-12-16, 12:57   #42
rampo

Why doesnt fdf have a subforum yet? A R-Bossman answer would be great.
Old 2011-12-16, 13:12   #43
BroCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampo View Post
Why doesnt fdf have a subforum yet? A R-Bossman answer would be great.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f66...ml#post1171162

That being said...give em the bloody sub forum
Old 2011-12-21, 09:51   #44
Leopardi
Default Re: Finnish Defence Forces Highlight Reel #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by temexter View Post
[center]

CV9030 FIN [WIP]

This baby is going for Norwegian Faction too... more to come soon in a WIP thread

here's the finnish CV9030 HUD... LiveLeak.com - CV9030 FIN engaging targets
And I hope there's some focus on the artillery since we have the largest in western europe and no JDAMs maybe a 122mm rocket strike as area attack? LiveLeak.com - Light 122mm rocket barrage falling down on target
Old 2011-12-21, 14:08   #45
Smiddey723

i do not usually comment in this section but your soldier models and textures look so awesome. Your leo 2 a4 is also looking very sexy

keep up the good work
Old 2011-12-21, 14:19   #46
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
Wakain, I take pride over the userbar, both the photo and the little bit of self irony at the end Try urban dictionary

Maarit, both... ? Really?
perhaps I chose the wrong smiley in the end but I meant to joke, at first I though it was a simple finnish-originated typ-o, but then I saw you were joking

anyway, finfor looks really promising, hope you'll get your subforum sooner rather than later as appreciation for your dedication and quality work.
Old 2011-12-21, 14:25   #47
splatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddey723 View Post
i do not usually comment in this section but your soldier models and textures look so awesome. Your leo 2 a4 is also looking very sexy

keep up the good work
Thanks love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
here's the finnish CV9030 HUD... LiveLeak.com - CV9030 FIN engaging targets
And I hope there's some focus on the artillery since we have the largest in western europe and no JDAMs maybe a 122mm rocket strike as area attack? LiveLeak.com - Light 122mm rocket barrage falling down on target
There has been some talk about how we're going to emphasize the artillery, having the time between artillery strikes reduced would seem like the moste doable option.
Then there is the balance issue since artillery is quite a powerfull asset in PR, having the FDF as the underdog with weaker&/less assets would probably justify having more artillery.

This all pretty much in the hands of the mapper though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
perhaps I chose the wrong smiley in the end but I meant to joke, at first I though it was a simple finnish-originated typ-o, but then I saw you were joking

anyway, finfor looks really promising, hope you'll get your subforum sooner rather than later as appreciation for your dedication and quality work.
Aight I'm hoping that too, it would help us organize a lot better and also boost the motivation and pace quite drastically, maybe help us get a few more members in the team!

'Tis not an absolute necessity though, we've been doing fine without it and the official response regarding it from ^up there has been rather clammy to be honest..
Old 2011-12-21, 23:14   #48
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post

There has been some talk about how we're going to emphasize the artillery, having the time between artillery strikes reduced would seem like the moste doable option.
Then there is the balance issue since artillery is quite a powerfull asset in PR, having the FDF as the underdog with weaker&/less assets would probably justify having more artillery.

This all pretty much in the hands of the mapper though.
Or just adjust the strike itself for finnish tactics. Like this, instant destruction: JAEGER ARTILLERY REGIMENT. FINNISH ARMY - YouTube
Old 2011-12-22, 01:12   #49
splatters

Quote:
Or just adjust the strike itself for finnish tactics. Like this, instant destruction: JAEGER ARTILLERY REGIMENT. FINNISH ARMY - YouTube
I like that idea, very much! Short deadly bursts but fewer projectiles and a shorter rearm time.
Old 2011-12-22, 06:42   #50
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Finnish Defence Forces Highlight Reel #2

Quote:
You don't exactly need a JDAM exactly, many of PR's factions don't have a JDAM, the name JDAM is really just stuck since its what the West mainly use (although they have plenty of other bombs that can do the same job), but it merely is just to represent a large, accurate guided bomb. I'm sure Finland has something along thous lines?

Tags
doc is also awesome, fdf, hilight, inb4 wicca, reel, scatd, tarra is awesome, this mod is awesome