project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2014-09-12, 22:02   #41
bren
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Op.Sapphire(4km) [WIP]

Pavlovsk bay has the one with mk12s. Is there a dev here who could help? And regarding the layout, alt should have the one with what I was asking for. 64 would have two hueys, two cas little birds that don't respond, and a transport little bird. For land there would be 4 boats, and 2 aavs.

Me and BD appreciate this. It means a lot man. And we will hold off on the video.
bren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 22:50   #42
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenn4n View Post
Pavlovsk bay has the one with mk12s. Is there a dev here who could help? And regarding the layout, alt should have the one with what I was asking for. 64 would have two hueys, two cas little birds that don't respond, and a transport little bird. For land there would be 4 boats, and 2 aavs.

Me and BD appreciate this. It means a lot man. And we will hold off on the video.
Do you mean mk19? Yes, there are RHIBs with the mk19.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 04:17   #43
bren
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
Do you mean mk19? Yes, there are RHIBs with the mk19.
Damn, it's been a while.

I meant the Mk19, Ason.

Thanks wabbit.
Old 2014-09-13, 11:14   #44
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenn4n View Post

Alright so you want it like this:
US AAS32
2x RHIB MG
2x RHIB MK19
2x Littlebird trans
1x littlebird with gun
1x littlebird with gun + rockets
1x AAV (aavp7a1)

And then I should give ARF something to counter that?
This is how I set up ARF atm
ARF AAS32
4x dirtbike
2x cars
2x trans truck
4x trans boat
4x MG boat
1x AAV truck
1x rocket technical

4x fixed AA

Some of them won't respawn.

The only problem I see is that US won't get any crates. I don't think the littlebirds got crates. In that case do you want me to switch 1 littlebird trans to huey?
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 18:31   #45
bren
Supporting Member

Yeah that's good..

I was thinking, unless this would be too much trouble.. Using NVA vs USA? That would be kind of interesting.
Old 2014-09-14, 08:39   #46
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
I was thinking, unless this would be too much trouble.. Using NVA vs USA? That would be kind of interesting.
Would there be any other changes with vehicles aswell? How would it change the gameplay?
In my opinion the ARF fits better for both the map/environment and the vehicles.

I guess if I use NVA they would be able to use heavy vehicles since they have a
crewman kit(they do right?) But I don't see the need for heavy vehicles on a map like this.

But yeah, I can change it if you really want it.
Old 2014-09-14, 11:42   #47
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Alright so you want it like this:
US AAS32
2x RHIB MG
2x RHIB MK19
2x Littlebird trans
1x littlebird with gun
1x littlebird with gun + rockets
1x AAV (aavp7a1)

And then I should give ARF something to counter that?
This is how I set up ARF atm
ARF AAS32
4x dirtbike
2x cars
2x trans truck
4x trans boat
4x MG boat
1x AAV truck
1x rocket technical

4x fixed AA

Some of them won't respawn.

The only problem I see is that US won't get any crates. I don't think the littlebirds got crates. In that case do you want me to switch 1 littlebird trans to huey?
I think you need to consider the aspect of realism more strongly in your choice of assets.

Firstly, faction asset plausibility.
I can't think of a single instance where the US Marine Corps would be deploying special Army unit little birds from Naval carriers. I would strictly limit yourself to exclusively USMC/Navy assets, so instead limit yourself to UH-1N Hueys for light trans and CAS.

Since the ARF are likely going to be pirates in this context, it would be practically impossible for them to maintain, arm, refuel and operate any armour vehicles at all, regardless if they happened to have seize 33 Russian tanks. In general, not even a conventional military would probably see it fit to deploy any ground vehicle to such a small Island, especially those vehicles that are not seafaring amphibious vehicles. That would probably exclude the LAV-25 too, since it can only ford rivers and not sail on open seas like the AAVP7 can.

Secondly, insertion vs overall troop capacity vs permanent use vs potential ticket loss.
What I mean by this is, how will the type of insertion methods available to attackers affect map gameplay? I'd say, since there really isn't anywhere for the ARF to hide or take cover, I'd suggest giving the USMC a hard time and limiting their insertion options. That means making ariel insertion an option for some Marines with 1-2 Hueys, but not 3-5 for the whole force. The frustration for the ARF would be that the USMC could strike or reinforce at any moment, anywhere. The round would last no longer than 15 minutes. Also, you will find on some maps with a lot of air trans assets, that after the main force is deployed to land, most of these assets become useless, and pilots get reckless and cost the team a shit load of tickets in crashes and irresponsible flying. If you put lots of helicopters in, I can pretty much guarantee you gameplay will suffer.

Thirdly, firepower & balance.
This will be make-break for your map. The ARF are on tiny islands with slight hills and a fair amount of trees, which massively limits their options for manoeuvre. Similarly, the strong points they will have to defend don't appear to be very large areas. What this means is, if you have assets like CAS and Armour, two things will happen. Firstly, anyone outside of these defensive strong points will be slaughtered and stand little to no chance. Secondly, anyone inside these defensive strong points will be permanently suppressed as soon as a heavy asset turns up. The ARF will be immediately confined to rooms, where windows and doors will be kill zones, not defensive firing points. The ARF will wait until the USMC chucks a tone of frag grenades into the room and then storm them. This is no fun at all, and would be pretty dull for the USMC too.
  1. I would suggest limiting the majority of USMC operations to RHIBs, giving them 50cal and Mk.19 variants for increased firepower to support the landings. This means the USMC has to fight for and earn the ground they take and hold, which is important since the ARF have very little to give in the first place.
  2. I would suggest a small air-trans contingent for the USMC. This will open up a few other tactical options for the USMC, and will be their sole option for logistics and resupply.
  3. I would suggest choosing between either limited CAS or light armour, defiantly not both. Be realistic about what the USMC would deploy to such a small theatre.
  4. I would suggest a large mobile and fixed AAA force for the ARF, forcing the USMC to be wise and methodical about their use of airpower. It might then become the USMC infantry's objective to eliminate AAA positions before bringing in helicopter support to areas.

With that said:

USMC

? (lots) x RHIB
4x RHIB, 50cal M2
2 x RHIB Mk.19 AGL

2x UH-1N Huey, M240
1x MV-22 Osprey

2x AAVP7A1
OR EITHER
1x UH-1Y Venom Huey CAS

I would include the Osprey mostly for logistics reasons. The USMC would otherwise have to rely on 2 Hueys for all their supply needs, while with an Osprey their logistics potential is increased to 300%, and becomes much more time efficient.

ARF

? (lots) x Wooden Sampan
4 x Wooden Sampan, Dshk 12.7mm
2 x PBR (Vietnam US patrol boat).
4 x motorcycle
2 x Civi car
3 x Technical 50.cal
1 x Technical, S-5 rockets.
2 x Ural AAA
5 x ZPU-23-4

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 12:36   #48
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Yeah, that's about how I wanted it. I have that kind of setup on AAS64.

On AAS32, I think limiting cas to 1 instead of 2 and removing AAV vehhicle for US will do.

so it will be:

US AAS32
2x RHIB MG
2x RHIB MK19
1x huey
2x Littlebird trans
1x littlebird with gun

ARF AAS32
4x dirtbike
2x cars
2x trans truck
4x trans boat
4x MG boat
1x AAV truck
1x rocket technical

4x fixed AA
Old 2014-09-14, 14:57   #49
Rabbit

While the idea of making a Archipelago into a map is cool, I'm a bit worried at how you are doing it and think it should honestly be redone. Look at Operation Bobcat, https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...t-4km-wip.html

The island are laid our in a realistic way with shallows and everything. Not to mention large urban areas built up in coastal areas and connected with a main highway which most things are connected to. In the center you have dirt roads that connect to a few more points of interest like a farm or dig sight, something that wouldn't need a major road.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 20:42   #50
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Honestly, this map would take a long time to be done properly. If it's only for an event then it should be mission based with specific goals in mind. Instruct the players about the rules (e.g.: hostage rescue) and have a blast. There should be more communication going on between you and whoever wants this map. Also, 50 vs 50 in this map won't work in an orderly fashion.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, opsapphire, opsapphire4km, sapphire, wip