project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-11-28, 06:55   #41
Roguehellhound
Default Re: Close Combat Accuracy

Yea I agree, many times I manage to flank a saw only for him to hear me, turn around, then blast the whole room and kill me and my sqd with disregard to deviation.

With the possibilities of limited rallies, this will reward a lot of camping players who would just sit on a hill or building and constantly camp a route..
The more aggressive players who does the capping and advancing the frontlines would be hard pressed to gain a bead on the enemy due to deviation.

And I wonder why a factions get GPMG's while others have LMG's?

Don't get me wrong, SAW's are powerful and awesome weapon, but at times they seem very overpowered compared to their counterparts.

200round box, low recoil, and the ability to do 2-3shot burst that makes a marksmen pointless or even a sniper a run for his money. Just ask the people who kill a saw, they rather pick them up and ditch what they have.
Roguehellhound is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 12:16   #42
arjan

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...on-recoil.html

What do people think?

I just think normal assault rifles are nerfed compared to the SAW's the SAW wins in every aspect.
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 13:08   #43
UsnerMc

I would say, that the M4 or similar weapons should be more accurate in close combat.
UsnerMc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:53   #44
WHPRaveman

Agreed, I really don't mind the way the saw performs. It is logical and is now balanced and makes you think twice before crossing open ground. I am fine with the way it is setup.

However I just want less deviation on the rifles. No way my shot should go wide right or left and me miss when I am standing 2 feet from them. Moving and shooting is difficult(I know I have an M4) and it can be harder than you think but not nearly as bad as portrayed as in game.
WHPRaveman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 17:20   #45
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

I also agree that the SAW is about right (ignoring the ridiculously quick speed which players can turn), and the regular rifles need more accuracy.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 18:20   #46
Donatello

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|Bubba|l View Post

So.... What is DEVs decision on that?

This thread is pointless without their word. Looks like our naive dreams and hopes, you know.....
Last edited by Donatello; 2009-11-29 at 07:08..
Old 2009-11-28, 18:34   #47
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan View Post
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...on-recoil.html

What do people think?

I just think normal assault rifles are nerfed compared to the SAW's the SAW wins in every aspect.
Weee! I agree :P

Talking about aspects, LMGs pwn Assault Rifles (ARs from now on) even in reloading. The reload time on a SAW should be one if its disadvantages, but its not cuz it takes almost the same time to reload a SAW and a M4, I understand the reload animations are epic, but wtf it doesnt take that long to reload an AR!!1

Today I saw a SAW gunner runing like 15 meters from me, I had engineer kit and sprayed him a bit with full auto in the back, it didnt kill him cuz most of my shots missed, he dived in a small ditch, scoped in, after that he crouched and shot me down in 1.5 seconds. And thats just one of many examples of me getting owned by super duper accurate LMGs in CQB even when I have the element of surprise.

Assault rifle settle time deviation feels like some1 dropped an anvil on the barrel of ur QBZ and after that u sprinted 200m even when u slowly come around a corner while crouched and scoped in, while LMGs feel like uve been walking around for the last 10 mins with ur super light weight SAW (which weights 2x more than M4 IRL)

To sum it up:
Reload time: pretty much the same on both types of weapons, though it takes way less time to reload an assault rifle IRL.
CQB & long range potential: LMGs pwn both regardless optics/no optics, while scoped ARs are good only for long range, and irons ARs are good only for CQB (cuz of screen resolution).
Accuracy: LMGs are much more accurate while standing/crouching when deployed even if its not really deployed on anything, prone accuracy is same for both types of weps.
Deviation: Deployed MGs take 2 more seconds to settle, which isnt much cuz u can start spraying after the 1st second tnx to the epic rate of fire and kill. Assault Rifles take 2 much time to settle and its pointless to shoot while moving or right after u moved.

And if LMGs are as epic win as they are ingame why theyre not issued to every soldier IRL?
Last edited by Nebsif; 2009-11-28 at 20:42..
Old 2009-11-28, 18:35   #48
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

I think that just initial deviation needs to be decreased. The rest of the deviation system is ok. Just that first second or so is too much, its ridiculous to see your bullets exiting the barrel at 45 degrees.
TristanYockell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:06   #49
STORM-Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
Good post. I think you got your guns mixed up though. Sweden dont use the m240, we use the ksp90 (as you know of course) which is the FN minime, the same as the american m249. So your experiences are actually even more relevant to the thread.
He didn't mix up anything. The gun he is referring to as "M240" is the Ksp 58. Original Belgian name is FN MAG and the American military call it M240.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 22:42   #50
chuckMFd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanYockell View Post
I think that just initial deviation needs to be decreased. The rest of the deviation system is ok. Just that first second or so is too much, its ridiculous to see your bullets exiting the barrel at 45 degrees.
Yes I have seen this to!. CQC situation. you walk up on an enemy with the element of suprise start to fire at him and the bullets fly sideways around him at a 45 degree angle!!! Then he turns around and kills you in one shot!!!!! That alone is grounds for a complete deviation overhaul!

The current deviation seems more fit for if you were sprinting and shooting or raising your sight to line up a shot and shooting before you have the weapon aimed. I can walk and shoot at the same time at a target the size of a person effectively at 10 meters away and no bullets will miss!!!!!!!!!

SO in my opinion the current deviation system SUCKS for CQC it seems very unrealistic....

The game would be more realistic/fun if you could:

* walk and shoot more accurately for CQC situations
* look through sights faster ( currently its way to lethargic)
* relaod faster (just the AR's, SAW's are fine)
* be able to start shooting in the middle of sighting in ( in case you get suprised; for supression)
* have an undeployed mode for the scoped AR's (like the SAW does but the view would look down the side of the weapon to line up your shot for CQC)
chuckMFd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, close, combat, deviation