project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2012-09-27, 15:37   #41
Zeno

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagopus View Post
Served as a borderguard (russian border), Elvenes/Storskog. Duty + 6 month enlistment as Grenader.

After severel attempts, wich I avoided due to studying, the homeguard got me and I am now a SL (lagf?rer) there. My next trip will be to Setermoen in a couple of weeks.
nice, its awsome here at setermoen! great food and lots of stuff to do
Old 2012-09-27, 18:30   #42
lagopus
Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
nice, its awsome here at setermoen! great food and lots of stuff to do
True, food is good at Setermoen, much better than it was at GSV ten years ago. But the biggest difference is the girls. When I was in GSV, there where absolutely NO girls except for some sergeants, LT's etc.. and here its lots of hotties My poor eyes.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:52   #43
Promedio

I did 2,5 years of HVU (army youth-thingie) and got turned down at selection because of a heredetary rash. meh.
Old 2012-12-23, 16:13   #44
Rabbit

Served with the Norwegians in Afghanistan. They did I would say 95 to 98% of all of our medivacs, hell they would even fly when on one else would. One night we had MAYBE 2 meters of visibility and those bastards still landed, granted they chopped the crap out of our pad with their blades. Anyways they saved a lot of lives and I owe a lot to those crews.

Old 2012-12-26, 15:56   #45
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
snip

dont know if you have seen it or are interested but I put it here anyway.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Last edited by Zimmer; 2012-12-26 at 16:03..
Old 2012-12-26, 18:06   #46
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
-snip-
Actually that really hits home as we operated in the Provence/districts and areas they talk about it, do you know when this videos are from? I know for awhile or cop was something like #3 or 2 for mass casevacs. I wish I knew what they were saying, heh.

EDIT: wait no, 2009-2010 a little while before I was there.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2012-12-26 at 18:56..
Old 2012-12-26, 21:22   #47
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

if you press CC on the video you get english subs

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2012-12-26, 21:40   #48
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
Actually that really hits home as we operated in the Provence/districts and areas they talk about it, do you know when this videos are from? I know for awhile or cop was something like #3 or 2 for mass casevacs. I wish I knew what they were saying, heh.

EDIT: wait no, 2009-2010 a little while before I was there.
Yeah there is subs if you go on youtube not just the embedded player.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2012-12-26, 22:10   #49
Rabbit

Yeah, I just mean hearing it isn't as good.can't really 100% focus on the video then, still a great video that brings back memories.
Old 2013-07-21, 15:05   #50
Tartantyco

If you click the badge in my signature you'll find a thread full of pictures from my year as a Storm Engineer in the Engineer Batallion.

Tags
military, norwegian, offtopic