project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-03-29, 10:15   #41
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Default re: 5.45x39 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I do, the dutch weapons are quite litteraly god-like vs the AK74 for example, on dovre. I've had many situations where I shoot a full second eariler than the enemy while using the AK74 and they just turn around and rape me in 2 frames. It's quite ridiculous

Just (try) to give them more side-to-side and vertical recoil.
Know your facts Vista:

450/60 = 7.5 shots per second (or maybe even 600/60 = 10 shots...)

So what you are saying is that you fired 7.5 shots and then you died because he turned around. So either you suck at aiming, or PR's hit registration / a bad internet connection strikes again. And hit registration is just a whole different topic. Though even then it would still be kinda bad since you need only 3 to kill a guy and after 2 shots he should be bleeding so bad he can hardly see you anymore...

Come on man...

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 16:36   #42
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Mr.VdHeide View Post
Know your facts Vista:

So what you are saying is that you fired 7.5 shots and then you died because he turned around. So either you suck at aiming, or PR's hit registration / a bad internet connection strikes again. And hit registration is just a whole different topic. Though even then it would still be kinda bad since you need only 3 to kill a guy and after 2 shots he should be bleeding so bad he can hardly see you anymore...

Come on man...

D.J.
But we need more balancing you shitlord. Otherwise why would this game even be worth playing?!

Look at DICE and EA, you can learn from them. They actually listen to feedback and balance the guns in such a way that everyone has equal chances.

I don't even remember anymore why i stopped playing COD/BF and started playing PR.
Those games were balanced so well, for example the 50.cal machine gun wasn't so op, if you got hit by it you actually had a chance to get to cover because you needed multiple rounds for a kill. Or the TOW missile was way slower so you could actually dodge it much easier.

So if you can't manage to make the recoil work properly in full auto then reduce dmg.

Fuck realism. Fuck authenticity.
Because nothing is more important than to have perfectly equal chances in the rare occasion you and an enemy start shooting at each other at the same time at close range.

Next up please have a look at the MG3, it is way too op compared to other machine guns, way higher fire rate and dmg. And also the leclerc has much faster reload than opfor tanks, sometimes you hit it first and it still kills your tank because of it, plz nerf!
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 16:41   #43
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Are you actually being serious?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 16:47   #44
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

No he isn't xD

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 16:52   #45
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Know your facts Vista:

I don't think he's mistaken, sounds to me as if that's the interpolation kicking in. The same thing that causes you to get hit even though your body has long been behind hard cover.

Really no need to discredit somebody seeing bloody smoke puffs popping up only to 360'd a heartbeat later.

@Dog

Shut up

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 17:20   #46
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide

+1 for Dogactual

Though we always need to keep looking for ways to improve realism.

@Frontliner, yes that can happen to anyone every once in a while. But really, I feel like he is exaggerating. I personally love the AK-74M and I can get good kd's with it, no matter who I am up against. A rifle like the G36, Famas or C7 helps, but other things are far more important, things like: Strategy, Tactics, Communication, etc. Individual skill and teamwork is far more important then the rifle's you use and that is how you win a round.

Another question is, do we want to make fire rates unrealistic so that all the guns are the same: The answer is: NO, because this is PR. Yes, we all know that this makes certain rifle's better then others. But hey, wasn't that one of the reasons to make this mod in the first place? The G36 is better then the AK in terms of ROF, but the BMP-3 auto cannon fires faster then the Puma's. Which is fun because it challenges players.

D.J.

Old 2017-03-29, 18:26   #47
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
+1 for Dogactual

Though we always need to keep looking for ways to improve realism.

@Frontliner, yes that can happen to anyone every once in a while. But really, I feel like he is exaggerating. I personally love the AK-74M and I can get good kd's with it, no matter who I am up against.
I hear the same argument from people saying they prefer the AK variants without scopes but when it came down to it in the PRT C11 it was literally a slaughterfest on Kozelsk. What you "feel" is not necessarily true.

Quote:
A rifle like the G36, Famas or C7 helps, but other things are far more important, things like: Strategy, Tactics, Communication, etc. Individual skill and teamwork is far more important then the rifle's you use and that is how you win a round.
"Git gud" is a shitty argument against something that is demonstrably better in almost every regard. Considering that it a) really shouldn't be like that(meaning any "realism argument" is out the window) b) wasn't intended by the devs(begs for a fix) and c) happens because of engine limitations gives weight to why we're asking for a sensible adjustment until something better is found.

Vista was popping up behind somebody's back. HE should've won the firefight, period. But he didn't because EZ mode happened(and maybe some hit detection issues coupled with interpolation, I'm not denying that). And your response to that is "teamwork"? Yeah, no.

Quote:
Another question is, do we want to make fire rates unrealistic so that all the guns are the same: The answer is: NO, because this is PR.
To me this isn't a question of realism. Realism in PR is and has always been a secondary objective to serve the purpose of making the factions distinct where necessary. Usually I'm the one making arguments for a more realistic approach to things(where feasible), but PR has indeed made a lot of compromises to certain factions to better the balance, hence why the Russians and Chinese can all be equipped with scopes, Panzerfaust 3 and AT-4 do roughly the same damage and stock T-72s are on eye-level with modern MBTs enjoying upgrades of the third millenium. If you actually believe the little adjustment we're asking for makes the game unrealistic(despite that not being truly the case) then you've been fooled - you've played an unrealistic game all along!

I mean, for the true realism experience you can play Silent Eagle as Russian, no scopes on your AK74M. I truly hope you can find solace in "it should be like that", "this is completely fine", "Strategy, Tactics, Communication are more important", "This is PR" when the Germans shit on you from 200 meters away without any possibility to retaliate, while BMPs and T-90s getting obliterated by the Leopards and SUs blasted out of the sky.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 18:55   #48
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide

You have a good point with the T72's being much too good in game since they suck IRL. PR isn't anywhere close to a milsim.

But why change the C7 ROF? It will sound and feel wrong. Deviation and grouping could be changed I supose. But only if that would make sense in terms of realism as well.

D.J.

Old 2017-03-29, 19:36   #49
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
"Git gud" is a shitty argument against something that is demonstrably better in almost every regard.
You mean only in one regard? Really close quarters combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
when the Germans shit on you from 200 meters away
Nothing to do with ROF right?

So how are we gonna balance all the factions that don't have back up sight? Remove them for all factions or invent new scopes?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 20:31   #50
fecht_niko
Banned

You dont have to make all weapons identical BUT there shouldnt be something unrealistic and gamebreaking at the same time, thats why the ROF should be reduced a bit. Simple fix.

@heide: pls dont come with gitgut arguments. Ive seen you playing...

Dogactual again best feedback 2017. Not as good as your suggestion to supress a tank with an AR but still quality posting. You and Mineral could make this mod great again!
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
5.45x39, damage, rpm