project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-14, 22:17   #41
TheDarkOverlord

Thanks Griffon2-6 and V3N0N_br!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3N0N_br
Just a few points I'd like to report to help you improve the map.

1- There's a letter floating near the village. It's like a 30m ladder, won't be hard to find.
The ladder is supposed to lead up into the top of the church, but the church is not appearing for some reason.

Quote:
2- There's a texture wich you did not generate the low detail map properly. It's showing up really uggly.
Fixed.

Quote:
3- I'd suggest adding the oil towers as well, not just the oil pumps
Good idea.

How's this?

Quote:
4- Add a few crates to the plane crash... they might even be sort of sunk into the ground...

How's this? Too many crates?

Quote:
5- IMO you'd need more wirefences or whatever kind of fence you like around some places. The refinery for example, I don't think it would not have anything to prevent anyone from entering it.
Good point.

Quote:
6- I'd say making a more accidented terrain near the bridge, it's tooooo smooth... Or adding some more undergrowth, I don't know, it just looks kinda too empty =P
Fixed.

Quote:
Overall, congratulations, I really hope this gets into next PR release.

edit: had forgotten, the helipad on the chinese base is the wrong one. You have to use the one in common\roads\staticsnoblend\concreteblock_helipad, or anything that matches that name.
Fixed.

Note: All of these screenshots where taken in the editor, so the quality is bad, and I have deleted the old lightmaps and have not re-generated them yet.
Old 2006-12-15, 13:06   #42
V3N0N_br

Yay, nice to see you're really up to stuff! hehe
The Oiltower is nice, so are the fences.
And yes, too many crates, remove those that are too far from the plane. And make sure they're pretty shoken up, turn'em around and make all that stuff to look like they where droped before tha plane crashed (supposing there were ammo or something in then, I really think they would have done that to prevent them from blowing up with the plane)
Old 2006-12-15, 19:25   #43
TheDarkOverlord

Quote:
Yay, nice to see you're really up to stuff! hehe
The Oiltower is nice, so are the fences.
And yes, too many crates, remove those that are too far from the plane. And make sure they're pretty shoken up, turn'em around and make all that stuff to look like they where droped before tha plane crashed (supposing there were ammo or something in then, I really think they would have done that to prevent them from blowing up with the plane)

How's this?
Old 2006-12-15, 19:55   #44
V3N0N_br

I think you got it
It's not a priority, but it'll also look nice if you edit the plane's texture. Use the texture sulfix scheme, don't know if you are aware how to use it, any doubt send me a PM.

What you could do is making the wings and some parts black, as if they'd burned or something.
Old 2006-12-15, 21:06   #45
TheDarkOverlord

Quote:
I think you got it
It's not a priority, but it'll also look nice if you edit the plane's texture. Use the texture sulfix scheme, don't know if you are aware how to use it, any doubt send me a PM.

What you could do is making the wings and some parts black, as if they'd burned or something.
The dds plug-in is not working. When I try to open a .dds file (the plane textures), it gives an error, saying that it is not compatable.
Old 2006-12-15, 21:27   #46
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOverlord
The dds plug-in is not working. When I try to open a .dds file (the plane textures), it gives an error, saying that it is not compatable.
Yeah i get the same thing

I want to make my own billboards and change the texture of the hotel a bit
Old 2006-12-23, 01:26   #47
TheDarkOverlord

New Beta available here
Old 2006-12-23, 02:04   #48
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Downloading now... hope to have a review soon.

EDIT:

93 mb? Holy shit!

Old 2006-12-23, 02:32   #49
TheDarkOverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZe
93 mb? Holy shit!
Oops. I accidentally included the a file from when I was trying to get the church to work (the static objects folder). It's 78 MB without it, and the filesize will be less when I do the Lightmap atlas, which I haven't done yet.

I'll upload a new beta without the static objects folder.
Old 2006-12-23, 02:41   #50
Griffon2-6

Sounds good.
Closed Thread

Tags
kufrah, map, oilfield, released, wahda, wip