project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-12-10, 21:07   #41
DDS
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR Clans The Real Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
My Christmas wish for TG to return for 1.0.
I'd like to see that times 3. More servers run by responsible people looking out for the community not clan.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:00   #42
Lt Col Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTomRobs View Post
Who's english?

Come to think of it Wicca, i've been in plenty of PRTA games and seen you but i don't think i've ever even been on your team! I'll keep an eye out. But from what i've heard you're a solid example of what SLs should be like. And yes, snipers are a damned pain.
Yeh. Who is English????

I think that snipers can be of use; as long as the guy carrying the kit realises that it means long periods of boredom doing nothing, waiting for that single shot.
Lt Col Keith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 15:17   #43
Acemantura

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
My Christmas wish for TG to return for 1.0.
...wait a minute.

Christmas Wish

RELEASE CONFIRMED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

on a related note, I got you a Christmas present Spush

Its a Mumble avatar, for when you mumble, and because that is just too damn cute.

Last edited by Acemantura; 2012-12-11 at 15:28..
Old 2012-12-11, 15:29   #44
Phoenixo_Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
God damn it. English people cant speak english anymore

I always play with people that join my squad. So long as they got a mic and can follow orders.

I do however kick people alone in a squad with sniper kits.... I hate snipers.
I confirm !

I remember playing Beirut and Normandy with you as a medic. It was hilarious as hell (imitating "schwarzennegah's" accent in a tranchee while we were under fire from the allies ; during Operation Overlord etc.)
Phoenixo_Idaho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 15:30   #45
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Why thank you , added xD.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 20:56   #46
DDS
Supporting Member

It's not luck or alignment of the stars that makes a good server.
It's good administration period. It's not a mystery. It's not like servers are plagued by some kind of organizational virus and were looking for the cure, it's because they fail to police their servers (enforce stated rules) hold everyone (admins, clan members, pubbers) to the same standard. And the other thing is that TG was supported financially for a slot. People financially supported what was working.

Just because you can afford to run a server doesn't mean you should unless you have COMPLETE admin coverage. During some speculation of hacking occurring on one of the clan servers I asked a head admin if he or his admins checked screenshots daily, something me and my admins did religiously once upon a time. His reply was "screen shots, what are those?". A sign of the times.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Last edited by DDS; 2012-12-11 at 21:22.. Reason: to edit?!?
Old 2012-12-11, 21:50   #47
Acemantura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
A sign of the times.
Well, a great deal of that has to do with not being able to see anything anymore.

PB screenshots are almost always black, because the hacker has blocked them or their up-to-date video card drivers wont allow it. It has more or less become a defunct feature.

I used to be able to watch players as they played in vanilla so I can look for aimbots or wallhacks and I used to do it in PR as well, but now the "renderer.drawhud 0" command is gone and for good reason.

Now I have to rely on some asshole recording the deed and putting it on Youtube, or speculation.

What tools exist to combat this BS anymore?
Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:19   #48
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
It's not luck or alignment of the stars that makes a good server.
It's good administration period.
Personally I think that tg was so amazing was the people that played there not the admins. Nothing against tg admins but the reason that all the game-play was top notch was you had for the most part the majority of the same mature people playing on tg. You could look at a team and you would be able to recognize the majority of the people because you've played thousands of rounds with them. The problem was a lot of these regulars got bored of pr moved onto other games or real life came along. Once the regulars where gone the quality of game-play degraded no one wanted to seed and tg died. Hopefully 1.0 will bring most of them back and we can get tg rolling again I honestly don't see this happening unfortunately
maniac1031 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:31   #49
Acemantura

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post
Personally I think that tg was so amazing was the people that played there not the admins. Nothing against tg admins but the reason that all the game-play was top notch was you had for the most part the majority of the same mature people playing on tg. You could look at a team and you would be able to recognize the majority of the people because you've played thousands of rounds with them. The problem was a lot of these regulars got bored of pr moved onto other games or real life came along. Once the regulars where gone the quality of game-play degraded no one wanted to seed and tg died. Hopefully 1.0 will bring most of them back and we can get tg rolling again I honestly don't see this happening unfortunately
The TG admins were really quite douchey.

I came for the tactics, stayed for the people, got kicked because I said "asshole."
Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:56   #50
colodorian

The nostalgia...right in the feels....

Those nights of tacti-cool on lTGl are priceless. But, no one is perfect not lTGl, not NWA, not PRTA or who ever your go to server is, the fact remains that the players are the biggest lifeline the game and servers have. I know I try to start squads when admins or clan members are locking squads (even if I'm far from a tactical genius) because having a strong community is what keeps PR chugging for the last (5?) years. Admins just seem to forget that their servers are nothing without the players, especially in this player drought.

Back to my corner
colodorian is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, question, real