project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-07-31, 06:39   #41
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default Re: Real insurgent objectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Spec View Post
There's also been a number of suggestions in this thread ... Start a thread in the suggestions section.
I apologize and reinforce that this thread is designed to allow people to speak out on the topic. If you feel you have concepts that should be reviewed as viable solutions for insurgency, create a new thread within the suggestion section.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 19:32   #42
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doop-de-doo View Post
I'm slowly coming to believe that insurgency is missing something. Caches alone don't really seem to make sense in that foreign forces are in combat over (only) these caches. Shouldn't the insurgents be actually trying to achieve something beyond cache defense?
I know what you mean.

Insurgent players seem to rarely work together. Teamwork being the heart of PR, this really sucks for me. Maybe there is one or two squads working together but the majority seem to just screw around.

Maybe we could have something like a "big bomb" where the insurgents need to sneak into the main. Maybe have some special objective.

Off the top of my head here...

Have the bigbomb kit be able to be requested only by the commander of insurgents. With some type of time limit attached to it.

Maybe a time bomb, and if you can't get it into the main to the objective it blows or something and there is a heavy ticket loss, like 1/4 of the tickets, or some other player annoying loss, like maybe all scores on insurgent side resets. Or maybe the failure tacks on 20-30 seconds of spawn time to each player.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 19:08   #43
SilentNoobAssasin

Well the insurgency functions and works in different ways in different political and geographical enviroments, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechenya, Palestine etc. Also they function differently accordingly to which militant movement we are looking at, for example Afghanistan, weather it be Hizb-e-Islami, Haqqani network or regular Taliban led by the Quetta shura.

A suggestion from the top of my head could be introducing some sort of concept in which American forces have to defend their outposts against Taliban offensives, such as we saw in Nurestan and Kunar back in 2009-2010, in which several US outposts where overrun by a large Taliban assault.
Since US forces are highly dependant on outposts in order to keep control with the valleys and rural areas, especially in the mountanous eastern Afghanistan.
SilentNoobAssasin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:02   #44
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

We've been restricted from actually bringing out insurgency changes in this thread, so I'd like encourage anyone (who feels that they have a possible solution to this) to put their concept up in a post to the DEVs in the suggestions thread (make sure they are not resuggestions).

I can't tell you if they'll accept any ideas whatsoever, but you can prove why you believe that objectives other than caches are necessary here, in this thread.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 20:33   #45
Cassius
Supporting Member

The real objective of an insurgency is to make indefinite occupation/control by an foreign government or local government too costly politically and/or economically to maintain it. Thats the reason ISAF does not have half a million men and half its airforce on call over Afghanistan.

In a sense gangs wage an insurgency on each other.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 14:34   #46
Determinist

I have that feeling aswell, about lacking objectives for the Insurgents, but I have no idea in my mind expect of jihad objective.
Determinist is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgent, objectives, real