project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-11-03, 16:58   #41
driver-ch-driver
Default Re: Real Deployable Machine Gun

i like the idea...
driver-ch-driver is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 17:01   #42
jbgeezer

I really like the idea
jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:04   #43
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

That is gonna be cool 'cause we really need something to put on windows for defending!@ +1
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:10   #44
Killer-Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1 Spriggan View Post
I remember seeing this back in august and the first thing I was concerned about was people being killed while being in the gun. If that could be solved, I'd love to see this feature added.
1. Like when you die and the weapon wont disappear from game?

2. Or when killed in a vehicle unable to be revived by medic?

The second point is fair game as in current vehicle death and wont disrupt game play.

I hope we can make this one work.
Killer-Ape is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:42   #45
superhunty123

For a starting post this is fantastic... people like you are just what PR needs!
superhunty123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:03   #46
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatabrask View Post
Uhm, if this has the same "stick-physics" as a c4, doesn't that mean that it could be exploited as in sticking it to a vehicle?
This strikes me less as "Exploit" and more as "Side Splitting Hilarity"

It wouldn't make a vehicle any more effective, if anything more prone to a sudden glitchsplosion.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:43   #47
Salmonella

in fact I’ve done this 3 months ago, I’ve tested all combinations my mind could think of, but I couldn't find a way to make it fully operational. There are several glitches and unlogical behaviors, and I don't know how to fix it.

2 months ago, a friend of mine, sent the files to the DEVs, but no answers, so a decided to post as an open suggestion, to see the public reaction and maybe any bright idea to solve any of the known issues...so, any contribution is welcome
Salmonella is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:09   #48
akatabrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
This strikes me less as "Exploit" and more as "Side Splitting Hilarity"

It wouldn't make a vehicle any more effective, if anything more prone to a sudden glitchsplosion.
No, I didn't mean exploit as in "hey let's put these MGs on this hummwee so we can drive our whole team on it" rather as in something that could be used to for example letting the Chinook carry more than 8 guys (which then of course is the same thing, silly me).
Although that is very off topic and something I'm sure already has been tested.

On topic though: Couldn't you make it work somewhat like the c4/ied where iirc you have two weapons on one slot sort of?
So that one shoot the lmg when you have the c4 "slot" at hand. Whereas you deploy it when you have right clicked and have the detonator "slot" up, or something like that.
Thus you can't switch back to the lmg when you have deployed it (just as you can't switch to c4 when you've thrown it).
Only issue there would be how to aim when firing from the hip which I think, though, could be solved by implementing Combined Arms CQB sight method (which was linked to shift, right?), if possible to map that to something else than shift, like x or c, if poss.

And about the ammo linking issue: how is ammo "stored" in dropped kits for instance? Maybe you could utilize that function?
akatabrask is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:24   #49
Draakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Incorrect on the last one, it is entirely possible to pic it up (think of both FH2 and AIX's portable mortars).
No, the AIX portable mortars explode as soon as you exit from it(that is, if you ever enter it) and have to reload it from a supply point. Although, the 1.5 patch ruined the AIX mortars(its fixed by server side).
Draakon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:24   #50
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
No, I didn't mean exploit as in "hey let's put these MGs on this hummwee so we can drive our whole team on it" rather as in something that could be used to for example letting the Chinook carry more than 8 guys (which then of course is the same thing, silly me).
thats actually interesting as well lol. Could stick hand holds on to the vehicles so more than 8 could travel lol :P

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deployable, gun, machine, real, suggestion