project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

View Poll Results: Which set of Voices do you think best fits the Argentinian Faction?
Chinese 9 6.82%
English - British 5 3.79%
English - American 14 10.61%
French 82 62.12%
German 2 1.52%
Hebrew 4 3.03%
Arabic 6 4.55%
Militia (Not sure what language) 4 3.03%
Russian 6 4.55%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-06, 15:38   #41
Souls Of Mischief
Default Re: Argentinian Place Holder Voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Lol, for a min I thought you where talking about the Royal Air Force, never heard the Russian Armed Forces refereed to as the RAF before, perhaps for pretty obvious reasons
LOL, I was just lazy to type Russian Armed Forces :P
Old 2012-07-06, 19:19   #42
=-=kittykiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Clobber View Post

This is the only video I could find containing voices from that mod. And it's only a couple voices, not very good quality.

Voice is at 52 seconds and at 1:28.

I've searched through about 6 pages in Google, all DL links are dead. Seems the only way you could get your hands on this mod is getting it from somebody who still has it or the developer himself.
are you retarded i posted the guys twitter feed link on page 3 SO U CAN CONTACT THE DEVELOPER of the mod to ask wtf why dnt u read
Old 2012-07-06, 19:20   #43
=-=kittykiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-=kittykiller View Post
not helpful mate are you saying the voices were stolen from "nations at war" or do you not understand the mod is called "op sunrise"?

once again if u speak spanish why not twitter this guy whose mod had spanish voices and ask him, longshot.

>link to his feed that is active.
Twitter

otherwise i think french is best
BUMPETY BUMP
Old 2012-07-07, 09:15   #44
Jolly

French without doubt. All come from lartin.
Chinese makes the least sense. lol, Would really feel weird when play falkland mod whild Chinese involved.

BTW, why can't ask those Argentina players for help? I am sure they are willing to help.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:00   #45
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Not as simple as just asking if a few people will do it. I do not know the in and outs of sound recording as that isn't my area but from what I'm aware, you need three dedicated people minimum, with good recoding equipment in a sound proof room to record god knows how many lines each and that takes a lot of dedication, work, and possible investment (into recording equipment, sound proof room etc).

But you would really need to talk to someone like Jaymz about this as I really don't have a clue as to what's required etc.

Old 2012-07-07, 15:38   #46
Kevokpo

Quote:
Not as simple as just asking if a few people will do it. I do not know the in and outs of sound recording as that isn't my area but from what I'm aware, you need three dedicated people minimum, with good recoding equipment in a sound proof room to record god knows how many lines each and that takes a lot of dedication, work, and possible investment (into recording equipment, sound proof room etc).

But you would really need to talk to someone like Jaymz about this as I really don't have a clue as to what's required etc.
Is there any chance of sending some argentinian voices as a placeholder, BUT not recorded in a sound proof room just standing in front of a mic and recording the voices? of course will try to keep them as high quality as possible. A friend of mine, MacDouche will do the job
Old 2012-07-07, 16:03   #47
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I really couldn't say since I'm not a sound guy but since there are sooo many to do, your most likely best off doing it properly if your going to do it at all as your talking many hrs of work since there are quite a lot of files to rec.

Old 2012-07-07, 16:53   #48
=-=kittykiller

TO THE ABOVE POSTER

perhaps using the ghetto sound booth? u could do a test of 3 phrases.
they would need to be standardized in volume, have EQ or range tweeks to remove hiss i.e. basic sound editor,

finally u put 2 single matress to block off one corner of your room all that is in it is a stereo mic recording equipment oustside try doing a tester, u really have to be in the same room FACT
Old 2012-07-07, 21:19   #49
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Looks like French may win this one

Are they in a different accent or something because the Russian and Militia voices are separate?
I think militia = Russians from BF2 : Special Forces
Standard russians in PR = Russian voice files from standard BF2
Old 2012-07-08, 00:13   #50
BroCop

Pretty sure RU is from SF (considering there is a russian faction there...)

Tags
argentinian, holder, place, voices