project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2004-08-05, 07:15   #41
Dr.Spangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Dr.Zero]... I've lived a good life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Black Beret]Don't lie to yourself.
Dr.Spangle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 12:33   #42
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

lol, well, i really have :P
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 18:30   #43
Kipper
Default Re: DC is Dead

very sad. its the only game i've been playing past 1 ½ year

well, bf 2 is coming
Kipper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 18:57   #44
Dr.Spangle

That is sad. Haven't you heard of FH, or even other games entirely?
Old 2004-08-06, 01:40   #45
RObErT_RaTh

Whats wrong with something like Call Of Duty? I love that game.
RObErT_RaTh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 02:13   #46
WaterDog JR-AGE-

Jeese, what. Just because there might not be anymore updates automaticly mean that you cant play the mod anymore? DC is not dead. Although it WILL be dead when people stop playing. So if you want DC to stay alive, then play on. And like they said, if this new one does well, there might be a few more.

And for those who looked up to them, I would still keep looking up. They went from a small group of modders to the makers of one of the best mods of all time. And from there they teamed up with DICE and EA. And now what are they doing? Heh, I dont think Trauma joining with DICE, and BF2 is just a coincident.
WaterDog JR-AGE- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 02:27   #47
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

we still look upto them, but DC is a mod is Dead, we can keep playing it but it will never be as glorious as it once was
Old 2004-08-06, 03:52   #48
Dr.Spangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDog JR-AGE-
Jeese, what. Just because there might not be anymore updates automaticly mean that you cant play the mod anymore? DC is not dead. Although it WILL be dead when people stop playing. So if you want DC to stay alive, then play on. And like they said, if this new one does well, there might be a few more.

And for those who looked up to them, I would still keep looking up. They went from a small group of modders to the makers of one of the best mods of all time. And from there they teamed up with DICE and EA. And now what are they doing? Heh, I dont think Trauma joining with DICE, and BF2 is just a coincident.
I'm sorry, but calling it one of the best mods of all time is just wrong. It was NOT one of the best mods, it was one of the most popular mods. As far as mods go, it was mediocre at best. Rediculous bugs, slowdowns, inconsistancies, delays, promised features which were never put in, and other examples of incompetancy were just a few of the reasons why it was not a 'great' mod. Not in the slightest. When I think of a great mod, I think of Day of Defeat for Half-Life. I also think of mods such as Red Orchestra for UT2004. Those are professional, and well-done mods which didn't promise anything revolutionary or tout silly features, they just came forth and made a high quality product. That's what Project Reality is going to do, too.
Old 2004-08-06, 04:21   #49
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

Quality is what its all about, we want to improve upon what DICE gives us, to give everyone a whole new experience
Old 2004-08-06, 04:23   #50
Dr.Spangle

Precisely. DICE has provided us with a very capable engine. Now we fill in the content, and modify what they provide for us.

Tags
dead