project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-01-24, 01:53   #41
DDS
Supporting Member

Default Re: Windows 8 And Project Reality

Did anyone else give a try getting mumble overlay working on Windows 8?

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 02:29   #42
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I honestly do not think it is coded to work, regular mumble requires the dll libraries from 1.2.4XXX Beta to get overlay to work on windows 8. PRmumble is not going to be updated to 1.2.4 any time soon. Mumble switched audio codecs after 1.2.3 , it is a big job and the PRmumble Devs are not particularly active.

Don't put too much time into this unless you can get the dlls from 1.2.4XXX beta to work with the 1.2.1 mumble that PRmumble is based on. THat probably requires actual coding to make thew 1.2.4beta dlls backward compatible to 1.2.1

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 10:51   #43
temexter
Supporting Member

No PR then. Not gonna revert to W7.

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:46   #44
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by temexter View Post

No PR then. Not gonna revert to W7.
You won't play PR just cause you can't have the overlay? Come on temexter!

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 19:29   #45
Lovvi

Installed Win8 here and PR mumble doesn't seem to join channels (im in root). Ran as admin, different comp. modes (xp, win7 etc), disabled overlay, nothing seems to be working. Any help?
Lovvi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 05:24   #46
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
I honestly do not think it is coded to work, regular mumble requires the dll libraries from 1.2.4XXX Beta to get overlay to work on windows 8. PRmumble is not going to be updated to 1.2.4 any time soon. Mumble switched audio codecs after 1.2.3 , it is a big job and the PRmumble Devs are not particularly active.

Don't put too much time into this unless you can get the dlls from 1.2.4XXX beta to work with the 1.2.1 mumble that PRmumble is based on. THat probably requires actual coding to make thew 1.2.4beta dlls backward compatible to 1.2.1
Well at least we know now perhaps why it doesn't work. I'm not all that concerned with Windows 8 honestly. And with 1.0 on the horizon I want to be ready to rumble.. Wish I was smarter than a third grader and knew how to program.

Hats off to all of the PR team.
Next time I donate I request a small sum is used to buy you all a cold one on me.

Cuz I'm that kinda guy!

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
DDS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 08:56   #47
ShockUnitBlack

Meh, I've experienced reduced CTDs after getting everything sorted out for Windows 8 (took some time, but it was worth it). I'm content.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 21:08   #48
chris2005
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post

Ohh no. That's really disappointing. I am not rolling back to windows 7 as I like the performance of Windows 8 etc. Playing without mumble overlay is a major handicap.

Really too bad.
chris2005 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 16:26   #49
r.fear

hope they can sort mumble out for windows 8 i dont have seven its new and came with 8
r.fear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 18:48   #50
TeRR0R
Supporting Member

Maybe it's easier to backport the "fix" to the current PR mumble code base?

https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumbl...4de6c96d973223

If this really is the fix (not sure), it doesn't seem to be too complex unless there are more dependencies or the PR code branch is extremely different.
TeRR0R is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, mumble, overlay, project, reality, windows