project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-08-02, 11:16   #41
UKrealplayER666

Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

I will be running "Noob friendly" squads on the MeRk server in the weeks after release, I remember my first experience of the game was being told to leave because i didn't have a working microphone, now it makes sense, then it just seemed like someone being a jackass, i will make sure anyone in my squads has a good gaming experience but also gets the support they need to learn.
UKrealplayER666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 11:36   #42
Wooonderboy
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

sign me up. squad play looks awesome
Wooonderboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 14:00   #43
Heskey
Default 1.0 MENTORs

Post removed by author.
Last edited by Heskey; 2013-08-03 at 17:08..
Old 2013-08-02, 18:11   #44
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Making a "noobs only!" squad on new era server right now.

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 20:33   #45
Orford

Can the devs include a splash screen when first loading game where, logging into account server would be. Explaining about the built in VOIP and the default keys to use.

the number of times I have to type out or say to some one in my when players asked how do we speak or voip isn't working. Due to not knowing about mumble.

I know it's a suggestion but it goes along way into the meaning of this thread to help new players.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 08:21   #46
psychickactivity

Is it possible please to have answer when someone say " hello all" when we come to a server , i cant understand people who dont answer to this polite thing.
Maybe i am grumpy little bit , but it s terrible to havent answer. You feel alone and stupid, so please do it , when people answer to you , you have sensation to be completly in community.
It s happen to me a lot of time .
For lurn pr at new guys , i am here , iam not a very good player but i can explain the principale .
kind regards , david.
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 10:27   #47
Raic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychickactivity View Post
Is it possible please to have answer when someone say " hello all" when we come to a server , i cant understand people who dont answer to this polite thing.
Maybe i am grumpy little bit , but it s terrible to havent answer. You feel alone and stupid, so please do it , when people answer to you , you have sensation to be completly in community.
It s happen to me a lot of time .
For lurn pr at new guys , i am here , iam not a very good player but i can explain the principale .
kind regards , david.
Not sure what you mean here, but any spam including hellos on local are annoying as hell on round start, so no we won't answer. If the squad you join won't answer on squad radio then they are just rude sons of biatches.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 13:35   #48
psychickactivity

you understand .hello is not spam.Answer is welcome.That what i mean.
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 13:49   #49
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychickactivity View Post
you understand .hello is not spam.Answer is welcome.That what i mean.
It is not spam but the general attitude in PR is to keep public chat to an absolute minimum.

Imagine if everyone was very polite like if it was a MMORPG.

Me: hey everyone

All: Hi there
All: How you doing
All: Hi
All: Hello!!!
All: Welcome

Even on this forum post it seems annoying don't you think?

Like mentioned above, join a squad. and say hello to your squad only, they would be rude not to answer back.

If the server is very low on players as if it is just started to seed I sometimes say hello in public to keep the spirit going though.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 00:57   #50
Azimov

There's alot of people who are very hostile towards new players in this game. I've been playing PR for 4 years but it has always been a pain in the ass to introduce friends in the game. When people make a mistake you often get smug reactions by 'veterans' that are just cringe inducing and angering.

Only just today I got banned from that "[NEW] New Era Warfare" server. I was playing with 2 irl friends who were new to the game in an APC squad but the admin warned them and forbid them to take another APC because they had died twice within 45 minutes and "didn't have any kills".

They were playing just fine! We were moving in with infantry squads and we took 2 cap points. But along comes this admin who apparently thinks that everyone should be able to play this game perfectly from the first minute. I finally just blew up and told the admin he was being anal and I got banned.

I'm glad this issue is being adressed but people, be instructive to people not restrictive.
Azimov is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran