project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-03-11, 13:07   #41
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PRstats site idea

I don't see a way to make it foolproof, I could parse brackets ((), [], {}, <>, ><) in the name to extract the clan name, but I already see a couple of possible issues with that approach.

Or it could be semi-automatic, like I would define the rule if the name starts with "[R-DEV]" then put the player in [R-DEV] clan, but I'd have to manually make a rule for each such case.

Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 13:24   #42
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Could offer custom grouping to end user? Or a way for users to define such clan name rules?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 15:29   #43
[R-CON]​Avram

Can you elaborate that? Did you mean like giving option to everyone to create "player lists" for comparisons, so you could add X users to the list (not necessarily from the same clan), or to allow players to actually add themselves to any of the clans (or create a new clan)? With the option 2, I'd have to make users claim ownership of the player username somehow (I already have an idea how that might work).

Old 2021-03-11, 15:59   #44
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I meant adding clans yourself. E.g. adding [R-DEV] as a clan tag and that would then get searched in names as well. So that everyone could do the manual work of defining the clan rules you mentioned.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 16:08   #45
saXoni
Supporting Member

Why is both text and background white now? Need to mark all to actually see what's up

saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 16:09   #46
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Why is both text and background white now? Need to mark all to actually see what's up

Clear cache / refresh page

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 16:14   #47
saXoni
Supporting Member

ty babe
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 20:02   #48
[R-CON]​Avram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
I meant adding clans yourself. E.g. adding [R-DEV] as a clan tag and that would then get searched in names as well. So that everyone could do the manual work of defining the clan rules you mentioned.
Hmmm, that could be possible, but it would have to be moderated, otherwise anyone could add anything as a clan tag and break user profiles/clans/stats.

Old 2021-03-11, 23:18   #49
lespyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram View Post
Hmmm, that could be possible, but it would have to be moderated, otherwise anyone could add anything as a clan tag and break user profiles/clans/stats.
Easy workaround may be a search box above the playerlist, that doesn't complete to a specific person (like the search box in the top right does currently). (i.e. Searching for [R-DEV] will show up all players that contain the string). If you're worried about sql performance/data length, could make the minimum search 3 characters.
lespyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 03:45   #50
Brotherscompany2

Any chance to have the revives included in those stats?

As a Medic and Squad Leader player l couldn't care less of my K/D at all, l would love to be able to see how helpful l am to my team.
Brotherscompany2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, prstats, site