project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-07-17, 08:28   #41
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [MAP] Arctic Lion (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post

here it is, i am not pleased with it but apparently because it's a bf2 editor and the editor wasn't built for 4km maps, the 'minimap' only captures a fraction of the center, and the rest of it it only captures 2D terrain(what you see as 'mountains' are really just textures, not actually terrain changes, but if you have an extrodinary eye you can see where I put some valleys, however it takes a reaaaaally good eye for that, they will be easier to see when I redo the textures for terrain )

to do the full minimap it might take some time that i'd rather do when the map is done, so i'll follow vdhiede's plan which is to take screenshots of the entire map and then place them together to get a feel.

however i won't be doing that yet because the map still needs lots of work

edit: also incase anyone gets the wrong idea, this is super early stage of minimap which is why it looks like crap :P
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...t-minimap.html

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 01:52   #42
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
yep i saw that guide before I asked, the thing is i'd like to spend time on the map instead of it's minimap at the moment :/

7/17/17-
V2.9.5

-began creating a sort of patrol-base/patrol-outpost with enough room to land a helicopter in the north/central-west side of the map. this will be one of the few 'permenant' bases which aren't just ad-hoc defenses.
-terrain improvements to west side mountains and valleys along with 'dirt' roads
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 00:12   #43
QuickLoad

Arctic Lion 3.0 - Album on Imgur
7/21/17-
V2.9.7-3.0

-started working on(NL) airfield tarmac again
- patrol base's main structure created, still needs lots of improving. problem was getting the defensive structures to actually be able to cover all the angles of this mountainy/snowy/foresty terrain and it was pretty annoying, so ended up just adding a single guard tower. there will be enough room for a couple helicopters to land along with a FOB and some AA / foxholes. it will be extended underground to lead into an outer trench system which actually faces the south. because it's actually closer to the RU main than the NL main, it's to help out the RU in defense, although it is a simple extension. the other main reason for this small trench system(which btw isnt done yet) is to add additional entrances to the patrol base. atm it has the front gate and a 'uncompleted hesco flank' for entrances, the trenches will be an additional one and probably a favorable one since it faces the NL. the barbed wire defending the trenches is destructible.

the point of this system is overall to give the russians an overt defensive position, while making it possible to attack. if the NL can support their attack from the OP and vehicles they can push into CQB territory via the trenches/tunnel. it will be a pain in the ass to build though. sorry for non-concise thoughts.

the hesco's and bunkers provide amazing angles for long range combat, but for closer range combat you will have trouble fighting anyone at the walls, hence why the wire extends almost around the entire main gate.

SL's should also be able to construct a risen razorwire/tank trap deployable on the uncomplete hesco blocks to secure the flank however that'll need ingame testing.
-NL OP created on am ountain above the patrol base.
-terrain improvements in a lot of areas on the map.
-coastline extended but still very incomplete
-RU main base got more room
-NL OP got better terrain and improved trenches, also better cover to help against blindspots and assist with angles of fire. there is a slight ditch to hide from explosive fire(tank apc cas etc) but probably pointless. it is only an OP so anything more than small arms it'll have trouble fighting against.
Old 2017-07-22, 23:41   #44
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

That is a nice update man, looks good!

Keep it up,

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 00:42   #45
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Please use the old Arctic Lion theme for loading (nl_loading_4).

Cant wait to see this map revamped and back in action

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 05:24   #46
solidfire93

amazing work dude, keep it up
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 23:33   #47
Zeno

relevant, i just drove past here and Dovre today
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 02:46   #48
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide View Post
That is a nice update man, looks good!

Keep it up,

D.J.
thank you i appreciate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Please use the old Arctic Lion theme for loading (nl_loading_4).

Cant wait to see this map revamped and back in action
Yes I think it'd be very fitting as well
My only gripe with that piece is that the catchy part is too short and cut short
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
amazing work dude, keep it up
thanks solid i appreciate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post

relevant, i just drove past here and Dovre today
awesome
Old 2017-07-24, 12:57   #49
FlyingR

Very nice!!!! Really loving the environment and atmosphere! This looks like it will be loads of fun to play!

Do you think you can post a video showing the flags or interesting parts of the map? When you have time and it's mostly complete
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 13:26   #50
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

wow this is coming together nicely, looking forward to your next update, keep it up!

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, arctic, discussion, general, lion, map, problems, wip