project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-01-04, 12:03   #41
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: Commander Improvements - Team buffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Currently the commander does not offer too much to a team except for about 15 minutes of UAV time and 1 area attack.
To get the full use of commander in this game there should be instructions to the full role beyond the coded game functions, lets look at coded human brains functions and capabilities. New neurological pathways to unlock within your own minds, to program it. Like when learning and programming use of camouflage neurologically, your mind should see bush as survival. Apply this to a unit with common sense standard worded instruction.

A commander is only as useful beyond the given assets as their individual intelligence gathering, information extrapolation, inventive uses and methods with every marker, tool(binocs, smoke, tracer), eyes, ears not just of yours but other squad leaders filtering down to what their guys see. Being self aware of your roles fullest extent of considerations to make, beyond what could be instructed on how to be a leader, to paint and track a full picture of the battlefields developing events. Many uses for the commander, the yellow chevron bar markers lay down the Alpha-Golf waypoints. I use this for for predetermining mortar target zones for defense, easier for everyone to call out "west of Delta waypoint".

You can tell squad leaders you are watching their markers so all they need to do is say what it is. If in the field helicopter to vantage point for visual and listening post for armor. Grab a logi, build a fob, save one crate for carrying while you do repairs on armor if nobody is doing it. Armor also needs its medic. Always something to do in Project Reality, no matter what position or role, just create a list in your mind of every little thing you could do.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-04, 23:13   #42
=-=kittykiller2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
To get the full use of commander in this game there should be instructions to the full role beyond the coded game functions, lets look at coded human brains functions and capabilities. New neurological pathways to unlock within your own minds, to program it. Like when learning and programming use of camouflage neurologically, your mind should see bush as survival. Apply this to a unit with common sense standard worded instruction.

A commander is only as useful beyond the given assets as their individual intelligence gathering, information extrapolation, inventive uses and methods with every marker, tool(binocs, smoke, tracer), eyes, ears not just of yours but other squad leaders filtering down to what their guys see. Being self aware of your roles fullest extent of considerations to make, beyond what could be instructed on how to be a leader, to paint and track a full picture of the battlefields developing events. Many uses for the commander, the yellow chevron bar markers lay down the Alpha-Golf waypoints. I use this for for predetermining mortar target zones for defense, easier for everyone to call out "west of Delta waypoint".

You can tell squad leaders you are watching their markers so all they need to do is say what it is. If in the field helicopter to vantage point for visual and listening post for armor. Grab a logi, build a fob, save one crate for carrying while you do repairs on armor if nobody is doing it. Armor also needs its medic. Always something to do in Project Reality, no matter what position or role, just create a list in your mind of every little thing you could do.
give me a break man lol commander is uav and arty only more if he earns respect.

there is a clear reason to play commander, but not to stay.

maybe clean up interface and make using commander linked to proximity to a apc!or commander rally!

i know uav enterable vehicle . so why not an extra seat on suitable apc
Last edited by =-=kittykiller2; 2021-01-04 at 23:33..
Old 2021-01-05, 00:06   #43
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Commander rally point is really interesting. It is quite OP, especially if it's really difficult to get supplies, yet no one uses it. I've only seen it being used twice in public games (once by me) and only one time during 1 life event.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 15:10   #44
=-=kittykiller2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Commander rally point is really interesting. It is quite OP, especially if it's really difficult to get supplies, yet no one uses it. I've only seen it being used twice in public games (once by me) and only one time during 1 life event.
i see plenty of times it could have been used but its rare for a commander to remain in the field, personally i like the UAV linked to apc also!

commander rally isnt enterable though so how would he use uav
=-=kittykiller2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 21:28   #45
=-=kittykiller2

rabbit had right ideaalso higher or lower spawn timers on his assets
=-=kittykiller2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 22:57   #46
Bastiannn

Also a QoL change for CO would be allowing him to request at least Rifleman besides Officer so that he doesn't have to resign and join a squad, request the kit and apply again (solo building FOBs).
Making the UAV entrances on the new carriers somehow more visible or unique would also be nice for some (new) players.
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 01:09   #47
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Because it takes too long to place the rally initially, every time I've try to place CO rally it's unavailable, after being commander for atleast 10 minutes.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 10:16   #48
UncleSmek

Commander rally and its lack of use in pub games just shows you the limit of organisation in a pub game. Change it, make it more accessible as a weapon and it will be used more.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 15:03   #49
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
Commander rally and its lack of use in pub games just shows you the limit of organisation in a pub game. Change it, make it more accessible as a weapon and it will be used more.
Placing commander rally is easy, especially on maps like Muttrah where you can walk up to a squad in defensive building while not under attack, its good especially since most cases you dont want a FOB directly on the flag but still need team spawn. When you cant put it down it is not a lack of organization, it is simply impatient squad leaders thinking they own their squad when it is one of the teams squad. Its why when we are swamped with tasks (FOB building, FOB attacking, guys on AA/TOW) we ask another squad to deal with it. Sometimes even to the teams demise by sending a squad to take out a far away useless enemy FOB which would buy us much time if enemy actually walked from there and had as 1 of 6 max FOBs. I have requested a SL wait for less than 60 seconds to place a command rally, sometimes i could place it but they keep moving or arent all in view of each other, they say "ill wait" then start going anyways maybe forgeting. Its either i cant catch up, they arent in view of each other "get closer guys" or they get too close to enemy.

That squad should wait for their teams sake so the commander can place the rally for their team, instead they think they need to get moving right then which causes us to lose tickets faster. That SL and his squad mates of players of the type to always one man rush vehicles when others nearby need a ride, they straight up ignore people needing ride sometimes based off their mood. Even if i think my team is dumb or i dont like somebody i still give rides. They dont care about their team, who they inconvenience and honestly shouldnt play PR where teamwork is required. Taking trans trucks so they can get all the ammo for their LAT or whatever going straight to enemy to die, those types of players cant even wait for somebody who needs a ride.

Look at the character of that person, who has a commander driving or flying out to them currently after command communicates intention to place commander rally. Having a commander fly or drive to your squad is the same delivery as crates, instant spawn point with no digging. They waste that commanders playing time and they dont care unless empathy is forcibly taught to them where you need to show them how it feels to be inconvenienced in a similar way. I feel bad if i waste another persons time. We are organized, we communicate, its just impatience for no reason that we cant use the function of command rallies or even by standard have two squads attacking a flag at the same time from equal distance.

Squads just go off on attack instead of saving the tickets from deaths by any means to increase their chances and make less respawn attempts to cap a flag by having a way to get more guys there. They could delay ticket loss by waiting, waiting helps the team not lose tickets while enemy attacks and dies. Some people are so toxic to teamwork functions including others causing others to raise their voice un-aware of how they caused and effect that person in social interaction, they dont realize or care how they affect others on their team. Makes me wonder how they are in real life. Operating autonomously in their own world, they dont even recognize the tickets are the teams tickets, the armor is the teams armor operated by the armor squads, not owned by the armor squads. Its all the same concept. The team owns everything together, including tickets which are apart of and tied to assets. It is impatience that ruins the experience of this game round by round, an attack could have been greater, bigger, more players, epic. But squads would rather go in one at a time, one after the other rather than wait for the farther squad to get equal distance to objective. Lots of small brained impatient "tactics" of people trying same thing everyday never actually learning from the game.

There were times i needed to and could have put down a command rally point. I request the squad i see in good spot to wait till i get there to place it. But they never wait because this programmed impatient rush mentality that comes from other games they played or still do. I think another part of the "rush" and no waiting mentality is SLs worry about boredom of their squad mates much like i do. All it takes is one impatient squad member to ask "can we get moving" and the SL will make decision based on what that person said, its happened to me where i un-wittingly listen to suggestion. Patience is a sign of intelligence and you should never listen to impatient people who are not under any objective time constraints(meaning they have time to wait for crates/commander for rally) by currently having defenders or on a layout not needing to defend.

I dont want to bore my guys but that doesnt stop me from waiting, ill wait for commander get there to place rally(only had one commander place once, then many attempts of me waiting for one who said on the way then dies). Ill wait for another attacking squad to get equal distance from objective to set the time for when i move in, teamwork takes patience, if a squad that can increase your chances. One time we had max fobs, i had dude in my full squad go commander, grab officer kit from crate we dropped and instant commander rally. Think of ways to innovate around the BS non-teamworking hot shot players.

Rare to find a SL patient enough. Frustrating enough its even the wannabe special forces like "Danger Squad" or "Spec Ops" who are a single squad making an attempt on a flag when they should help the team by waiting if commander is on the way, of course they never wait. They cant sit in the place distant enough from the enemy for even 60 seconds. All i need to do is place command rally and sit within 100 meters for it to stay.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-01-06 at 15:23..
Old 2021-01-06, 15:49   #50
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-=kittykiller2 View Post
give me a break man lol commander is uav and arty only more if he earns respect.

there is a clear reason to play commander, but not to stay.

maybe clean up interface and make using commander linked to proximity to a apc!or commander rally!

i know uav enterable vehicle . so why not an extra seat on suitable apc
Ok, i guess if that is what your individual mind is capable of, finding useful ways to use commander tools for other than their intention and whatever human capabilities you bring to table. Another role of commander aside from arty or UAV would be turning on active awareness in ALL the players to remind them or their SL to tell them to report sounds of armor direction and not get lost in ignoring sounds they are hearing. Just another thing i could list off for commander to do, make sure peoples awareness is up.

I use players as a tool by turning them into listening posts for armor direction from them for early warning, sometimes you actively need to do this for the players who dont naturally report it, program the mind to hear armor then tell somebody going up the line. I dont use UAV, arty or even commander postion to command except when i do in fact actually use it. Im just another SL, many other SL show these command qualities too without using command position except solely for arty. I prefer to use my ears to find loud things like armor because i always hear them before seeing them, if i dont hear it i dont got to worry about it so my eyes can be elsewhere on many other things with armor becoming peripheral.

I agree, wish there was a tent emplacement for FOBs or the UAV viewer APC so the commander isnt lonely in main, its why i stopped doing it. I would love to set up UAV on defense flag, see enemy coming and get ready to fight. It would also give our armor a reason to defend because that would mean they are also defending the UAV. Instead of "flank" the map looking for enemy tanks playing objective in view of it, UAV could watch itself, defense flag, our armor for outer perimeter threats making it in.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-01-06 at 15:54.. Reason: their to there