project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-12, 19:49   #41
vanity

But the insurgents have numbers on their side. And ammo all over the place.

Why are we trying to "even out" all the teams? Do we honestly want the insurgents to have the firepower of the USMC? What fun is that? We might as well make everyone the same and just change uniforms to tell each other apart. Then it's all fair and no one can complain.

The insurgents suck. Their weapons suck. Going head-to-head against the USMC is going to kill you everytime. They aren't a trained or equipped fighting force. They're INSURGENTS. So stop running around in the open crying about helos and A10s. Stop trying to kill tanks with your puny RPG. Adopt some real insurgent tactics to counter the better equipped USMC. You cannot fight them head-on. You've got to change the way you fight.
Old 2007-02-12, 20:37   #42
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

im fine with the desviation of the rpg , but the damage that caouse is not real , in real life a hit from a rpg to a cobra is mortal, in pr the cobra only need to tur his body and back to repair , if a choppers is hited by a rpg , i doubt that can move 70 m or more before falling to the field .
Old 2007-02-12, 21:01   #43
CyC_AnD

4 of a 5 my shots today from rpg went under humvee - a little funny to watch it when you wont direct hit from 20-30m
Old 2007-02-12, 21:01   #44
Tykwertheterrible

the supply dumps remind me of bf 1942, especially since the icons were taken off (and the city part of basrah reminds me of a desert combat map. it is the retro map). i thought the deviation was a joke, but i guess not. i mean, accounting for drop is one thing, but how do you account for random deviations way left or way right
Old 2007-02-12, 21:01   #45
El_Vikingo

i dont know, the cobra is quite a rugged piece of equipment.

If people say the RPGs in the BHD movie are real, then I dont know how they survived.
Old 2007-02-12, 21:04   #46
Animalmother

They deviate for a reason!
Old 2007-02-12, 21:05   #47
El_Vikingo

and what reason is that?
Old 2007-02-12, 21:12   #48
vanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
i dont know, the cobra is quite a rugged piece of equipment.

If people say the RPGs in the BHD movie are real, then I dont know how they survived.
I believe the RPG just has a small shaped-charge in the warhead. When an object is struck, that shaped charge explodes and sends a piece of ultra-hot metal through whatever it hit. It's like a semi-large, super-bullet.

It's not a large splash-damage weapon. It just punches holes in things. That being said, there's a lot of places on a Cobra that could probably sustain that damage.
Old 2007-02-12, 21:24   #49
Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
I'd like to see the accuracy upped a little bit. My squad had occupied a Basrah rooftop, and we had a full American squad with SL pinned down behind a shed. But they were out of range of our molotovs, and would mostly stay hidden (respawning on their SL if they were dumb enough to venture toward a corner). I directed one of my RPG guys to take them out, but the innacuracy wouldn't allow that. Before long they had called in a cobra and we were done for.
JP that was my squad and yeah you were trying to get us but I was in contact with the commander and did call air support on our position. You had us at a great disadvantage but due to the weapon it seems you couldn't get us. That was a very fun round.
Old 2007-02-12, 21:25   #50
Guerra norte

Shaped Charges

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, reduced, rpg