project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-28, 14:20   #41
Dyer |3-5|

I dont think people sit and wait for the planes b/c they know they are getting destroyed on the ground. They do it b/c they are 10 yr old bitches who think the A-10 "looks really really cool" and want to fly it around and bomb everyone. If i get killed a couple times my first thought is to grab a bigger gun or a better hiding spot, not to wait for an hour to fly around in a plane or chopper

Also, if everyone wasnt waiting for the aircraft, the ground forces would have a much easier task because there would be alot more of them.
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 14:28   #42
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Major_Baker::
We each have our own opinions....
but, regardless of what we think of the map, the RPGs are bogus and need to be made more acccurate.
My point is that if you have more accurate RPGs without doing some serious kit limiting, you're going to have even fewer USMC ground personell.
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 14:29   #43
::Major_Baker::

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
My point is that if you have more accurate RPGs without doing some serious kit limiting, you're going to have even fewer USMC ground personell.
I agree the kit should be limited a bit more. it's lame when the whole team is using RPGs and no one can actually shoot an infantryman.
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 14:34   #44
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyer |3-5|
I dont think people sit and wait for the planes b/c they know they are getting destroyed on the ground.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that they are getting destroyed on the ground. You can tell because the USMC loses in tickets on most rounds. If everyone was just camping the airfield then the only ticket turnover would be from airpower, which would result in a USMC win (because air assets generate a USMC-favorable KDR).

So the difference must be coming from the ground. That's where USMC is losing.

Personally I like attacking from the ground. Or commanding. But even when I'm commanding and my team is listening to me, if the insurgents put up a good defence it's all but impossible to gain a toehold in the city. My favorite ground tactic is making an APC squad and managing the team's spawn points. I'll drive around fast so nobody can hop out, and then drive at full tilt through the insurgent defenses (they never use IEDs in the city it seems) and drop everybody inside the facility or wherever else we're attacking. But as soon as you kill a couple insurgents, they just spawn back in a nearby spawncar with RPGs and take you out. Your only defense is to pull way back from where you expect them to come from, and sit in your gun ready to take anyone out who approaches, relying on their inaccuracy at range. But it's only a matter of time until they flank you. If you give them more accuracy, you can expect to see a lot more people camping airfield because they have no city spawn points.

Quote:
I agree the kit should be limited a bit more. it's lame when the whole team is using RPGs and no one can actually shoot an infantryman.
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to stop them. RPG gunners frequently use their rockets on single infantry. Which I suppose is a fine tactic. I can just imagine what would happen if their rockets were accurate though, and they camped rooftops with 2 RPG +1 policeman squads.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:37   #45
Dyer |3-5|

Quote:
I agree that there should be some kind of a limit, but I think it should also be a fairly common kit. If it was made more accurate there may in fact be less of them though. My thinking on this is that many times people spawn in w/ the RPG because of a specific threat is, for lack of a better word, raping their area, such as a Cobra on a "circle of death" or an APC sitting 250 yds down the road blasting a point. A bunch of people grab the RPG, and will continue to do so because its so innacurate that no one can hit what their shooting at. And while they may have chosen it to take out a specific threat, if you see an enemy troop you're probably going to use one of your rockets on him, especially if he also sees you.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:41   #46
Wasteland

So what you're saying is, accurate RPGs would result in no heavy USMC targets being left alive, so less people would take it.

That's my point. If all the USMC ground assets are down, then enjoy the waiting around at facility.

Also, are you Dye47?
Old 2007-03-28, 14:45   #47
Dyer |3-5|

No, I'm saying that it would result in less continuous pounding of one area, it would force the USMC to move and alter its tactics and not camp the same spot for a long time. If your not getting shot by an APC thats staying in the same spot every time you spawn in, you will be less likely to grab an RPG in order to combat that specific vehicle. Thus encouraging the USMC to use more tactics and not camp (which should be a good thing) and decreasing the number of RPGs while making the ones that are around more accurate. Note that I do support limiting them, i just think there should be a good amount
Old 2007-03-28, 14:53   #48
Wasteland

If there's an APC staying somewhat near the city by not entering it, then you probably shouldn't spawn there. It's not "camping". It's providing a consistent spawn point. I wish more people would do it, as it gives the smacktards more incentive to spawn close to the city and attack on foot.
Old 2007-03-28, 15:11   #49
AnRK
Supporting Member

What rounds are the RPGs currently using at the moment? The HEAT or the Anti-Armour (forgive me if that's the same thing I can't quite remember). If it's Anti-Aromur then surely it's not worth using it on infantry in the first place exept for empercencies cos all your left with is that shitty pistol and hardly anyone seems to bother with classes that carry ammo.

I think the whole thing depends on how it compares to the LAW-80 and the other disposables. All the NATO one shots seem to be pretty reasonable in terms of accuracy and damage. So considering the RPG has, what I would of thought is a fair bit less damge in comparison, and the fact that guerilla forces seem to implement alot of RPGs, probably because they're cheap and fairly ineffective, that it's more then reasonable to make them a little faster and more accurate. If you take into consideration also how shitty the rest of the gurella forces kit is, and that RPGs play a big part in their ambushing tactics I think it's not to much to ask for.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, rpg7