project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2005-10-18, 20:30   #41
Mad Max

As far as I'm aware we didn't make an L86A2, we just have the A1 because we're replacing the LSW with the FN Minimi, which is a massive leap in firepower compared. Also its more suited for the roll... make the bad guys keep their head down whilst the riflemen advance.
Old 2005-10-30, 14:27   #42
pr1tch4rd

y r the GPMG and the warrior not in the most recent release if they r completed..?
Old 2005-10-30, 14:32   #43
YoJimbO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1tch4rd
y r the GPMG and the warrior not in the most recent release if they r completed..?
Because they're used by the British Army, and the rest of the army hasn't been completed - so there's nobody to use them yet.
Old 2005-10-30, 21:32   #44
Beckwith

PRMM is a mini mod, its purpose was to give something to the community that is realism oriented to hold us over till the full Project Reality mod is completed which could still take some time

the Brit stuff will all be included in that(PR), the little bird was added to PRMM as a litmus test to see what it took to actually add new content into the game, and to add more interest for the minimod
Old 2005-11-21, 10:54   #45
Lifetaker

Great! Can I have this intead of my PK?
Old 2005-11-21, 16:51   #46
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

sure. if you want. you'll have to wait until PR 0.1 though

Old 2005-11-21, 19:52   #47
YoJimbO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetaker
Great! Can I have this intead of my PK?
Actually that's a good question... Will the support weapon be the FN Minimi? (& perhaps LSW) Or, will someone have to run around with the GPMG? Only you need 2 guys to operate a GPMG, one of them has to carry some spare barrels for the bugger too, along with all the ammo etc...

I assumed it would be used mainly as a mounted MG.
Old 2005-11-21, 20:56   #48
Doug97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
As far as I'm aware we didn't make an L86A2, we just have the A1 because we're replacing the LSW with the FN Minimi, which is a massive leap in firepower compared. Also its more suited for the roll... make the bad guys keep their head down whilst the riflemen advance.
Both are true; we made an L86A2 and it's being phased out slowly. Because of its insane accuracy, it still has its uses in a designated marksman role (kind of a cross between a sniper and a LMG support guy), especially since it has much better range than the short-barreled Minimi Para.
Old 2005-12-05, 05:36   #49
Cerberus

GPMG looks pretty sweet
Old 2005-12-05, 09:23   #50
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The GPMG will be staying in the Ground Mounted role and SF role, as will the LSW, it is not been phased out as suggested.

The FN Minimi is the new support weapon, however quite a few units will have the para minimi (like my unit).

Tags
gpmg, model, wip