project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2007-06-15, 04:30   #41
sekiryu

Quote:
Btw, your video of the Type 89 is at the top of a youtube search of 'type 89"
My airsoft Type 89? Heh...didn't think such a crappy video would get so many views.

There's a couple islands down there near Taiwan. Shimojijima, Irabujima, Miyakojima. I was surprised to find that Iou Jima is out in the middle of freakin' nowhere.
sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 05:07   #42
Teek
Supporting Member

That video reminds me of the BF2 intro, Pirates of the Carib, Metal gear solid, Blackhawk down, Ace combat, Mongols looping LB, and the US army.

I LOL'd at the part with teh sub at 0:54 reminds me of the opening of PotC woth the small boat, (but with japanese sub insted!)

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 05:14   #43
Raniak

Edit: wow, I got to go to sleep...
Raniak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 11:31   #44
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Actually, I've been looking about. This could be an amusing addition.

The JGSDF dont issue scopes for the Type-89, and the DMR version of the Type-64 is ususally fitted with a 2.2x (compare with all the other factions rifleman kits who get 4x, and all but the british DMs who get 6x). From what I understand.

*loads QBZ-95*

Now, for some nice, long range enguagements...

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 14:09   #45
sekiryu

I have seen quite a few reddots on Type 89s. I've seen one tacticooled nearly to M4 level 0_0.

Hmm, the British DMs should just have 4x, since they use the SUSAT.
sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 14:15   #46
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Sorry, badly worded, I meant that all the DMs BUT the British get 6x scopes. The brits get 4x, as they have SUSATs.

Anyway, the JGSDF issued red dots to the detachments sent to Iraq, but they are not standard, and there is no ACOG/SUSAT equivelent currently in service with the JSDF.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Old 2007-06-15, 14:22   #47
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo

I would like the JGSDF however the addition of Sweden Norway or the Dutch forces would be greatly appreciated.
nah have the danish armed forces too, they are the only scandinavian country with a standing armor brigade, whereas sweden and norway don't have heavy armor.
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 14:25   #48
sekiryu

There was a good video (user is gone ) that showed a Type 89 with what looked like an Aimpoint. I know they use the Tasco MD33 reddot. Apparently, they are allowed to buy their own reddots and attach them.

Last edited by sekiryu; 2007-06-15 at 14:32..
Old 2007-06-15, 14:34   #49
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

True, but they'd still loose out at longer ranges against the PLA's scoped QBZ-95s.

Random idea: To attempt to balance this defficency, why not issue all classes with a rifle with an RDS, rather than having 4x scopes for the riflemen and officers?

Old 2007-06-15, 14:35   #50
gazzthompson

we cant just add factions willy nilly cause every 1 will want there nation in it , any one got some offical numbers of troops in iraq and afganistan ? wiki says:;

IRAQ

USA : May 31 2007 : 150,000
UK : May 2007 : 5,500
Austalia : no date : 1,500
Republic of Korea : May 2007 : 1,200

there the top 4 according wiki in iraq, mabye we should add aus and korea first before other nations.

Afghanistan

USA : 12,000
UK: 5,200
Germany : 2,750
Netherlands: 2,100
Canada: 1,800

source for afghanistan figures : http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...ATO_Glance.php

mabye we should add some more contributing forces fist ?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, forces, jgsdf, proposal