project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-07-15, 18:36   #41
solodude23

Honestly this is one of the most annoying things in the game now. I still love the game obviously, but this flaw was pretty much introduced in .6 with the new zoom levels. I am not referring to the zoom levels though, just the accuracy.

I hate to be the guy prone - silently on a hill, and a guy 200m away comes sprinting from behind a hill, dives, and gets a headshot on me, and sprints on.(It seems 60% of the time I am shot it is a headshot.) I appreciate the realism introduced by giving all weapons realistic accuracy, but when all you have to do behind the gun is point and shoot - it sorta ruins the realism from a gameplay perspective. How it is now is pretty much that every soldier on the battlefield is just as accurate as their rifle. Not true.

I do understand that this is (for the most part) hardcoded and definitely a hard issue to deal with. I just wanted to say my word about it.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 19:42   #42
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23
I hate to be the guy prone - silently on a hill, and a guy 200m away comes sprinting from behind a hill, dives, and gets a headshot on me, and sprints on. Honestly this is one of the most annoying things in the game now.
100% Correct, and it happens all the time. There has to be a way to counter this.
Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 20:48   #43
El_Vikingo

Once the python is unlocked from the depth of EA, the DEVs will be able to fix it.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 00:13   #44
arneboe

i know the accuracy is worse when moving.. but what i suggested was if possible to make the accuracy stay as bad as when moving in 2 or 3 seconds after you stop, crouch or go prone...
arneboe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 04:00   #45
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
It would be fantastic if PR could follow the aiming model in OGR (Original Ghost Recon). If you have not played it, the crosshairs move apart when running, walking, getting shot, etc. When you are still the crosshairs slowly close together for excellent accuracy. This means if you are walking then crouch to aim it will take about 3/4 of a second to get good accuracy and even longer to get perfect accuracy. After that first shot they will move apart slightly due to recoil, more if sanding, less if crouched.

This system has lead to the best sustained firefights I have ever seen in a game. Patience is needed, moving slowly is very important if you expect to fire shortly and, for some reason I am not yet certain of, suppressing fire works great in that game.
Waiting longer for more accuracy would be good, perhaps a small delay in ironsight accuracy too.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 04:10   #46
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Would be nice to only get good aim after being stationary for a few seconds, and the longer you are stationary the more accurate you get...

I agree with you solo this is definitely a problem, will bring this up for sure for a potential server patcher (if possible)
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:33   #47
Greenie Beanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
It would be fantastic if PR could follow the aiming model in OGR (Original Ghost Recon). If you have not played it, the crosshairs move apart when running, walking, getting shot, etc. When you are still the crosshairs slowly close together for excellent accuracy. This means if you are walking then crouch to aim it will take about 3/4 of a second to get good accuracy and even longer to get perfect accuracy. After that first shot they will move apart slightly due to recoil, more if sanding, less if crouched.

This system has lead to the best sustained firefights I have ever seen in a game. Patience is needed, moving slowly is very important if you expect to fire shortly and, for some reason I am not yet certain of, suppressing fire works great in that game.
I used to play that as a religion
LOVED THAT GAME
Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:36   #48
Greenie Beanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead
Would be nice to only get good aim after being stationary for a few seconds, and the longer you are stationary the more accurate you get...

I agree with you solo this is definitely a problem, will bring this up for sure for a potential server patcher (if possible)
Fine form mate fine form
Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:54   #49
Long Bow

I remember b1942 had various time delays for accuracey. The FH mod played around with these to good effect. It was much more apparent though because of the cross hairs, you could see exactly how stance and movement effected your aim. Not suggesting crosshairs of course
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 14:22   #50
Rico11b

Ah yes, this is an age-old argument for sure.

Yes the assault rifles in game are a touch to accurate, but just a touch. The real issue is not the rifles; it's the in game characters. They themselves have more accuracy built in than most any modern day soldier. Sometimes people get confused and say that the weapon is "TO" accurate when what they really mean is that the player model seems to have the steadiness of a concrete shooting bench. No "Standard Issue" assault rifle currently in the Armed Forces is capable of bench rest accuracy, and 90 to 95 percent of the soldiers carrying these rifles are not bench rest quality shooters. Ever heard the term "accuracy through volume". Infantry soldiers achieve accuracy by putting lots of rounds downrange. You fire enough bullets and you will hit the target. That is quite a bit different thinking than the sniper that is trying to achieve a one shot for one kill standard. The problem in PR is not the rifles so much as it is the accuracy of the in game player models that seem to have god like steady hands even in the face of an overwhelming forces. Since there doesn't seem to be any way to "dumb down" the in game player models so that they have a standard of accuracy equal to a normal human being instead of a robot; the rifle gets picked on by saying it is way to accurate. Yes I agree that the rifles in game are a touch to accurate. But just a touch. It is the in game player model that is guilty of being too accurate. Almost robot like. Lets face facts here, the in game player models can seriously out shot most any person playing Project Reality today, and in any stance as well. What is really unrealistic is how an average joe can sit down to a PC and suddenly (without training) become the most accurate creature in the universe. Now that is really unrealistic.

Also someone said on this forum that soldiers are "brainwashed" to fight “WITHOUT” fear. That is total Bullshit!!! Soldiers are trained to fight on in spite of the fear that has taken over their minds. Humans are not robots and they never will be. That's the reason for all the constant repetitive training. Doing the same things over, and over, and over again until it is ingrained into your subconscious mind. This is so that a soldier can still perform his duty whist he is "SCARED OUT OF HIS MIND". That's all I've got to say about that.

R
Last edited by Rico11b; 2007-07-16 at 15:10..

Tags
accuracy, lower