project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-08-07, 22:26   #41
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSgt.Lang |3-5| View Post
You then challenge me to a 1 on 1 where you have an open fire lane of 200m. As you would say; "Completely contradictory".
Quote:
I'll place my spec-ops kit against anyone in the forrest or in an urban area.
Que?

I could see someone going into the center of a town square and ringing a bell to announce 'I'll place my spec-ops kit against anyone!...' Very much seems a challenge to me. Btw, i doubt i would go through with it lol.

Quote:
In regards to my "Rambo" comment I was simply pointing out that any kit can be used by the online rambo's to run off on their merry adventures towards a quick dirt nap. SF kit is hardly alone there.
Yes, this is definitely true, but SF is the Icon of lone wolves and smacktardary, as most would porbly agree with me, its because 7/10 those players that are, choose SF.

Quote:
Could be worse....could be another helo whore who unloads his rockets into friendlies at the first sign of a flag going white....again.
Seems like a dig at me, but i cant be sure for certain.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:37   #42
Metis-M

SF-kit is nothing, only noob lonewolf would take this poor kit.
SF-kit is only good when you play on US side in close combat.
Metis-M is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:38   #43
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

Hehehehe, a few months back you smoked my entire squad on Al Bas at the factory when you made a rocket pass. I'll never forget seeing our bodies fly over the damn wall and some guy in the squad on VOIP "Damn devs don't even check the radar!". We all had a good laugh at that one. ;}

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:41   #44
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Hehehehe, a few months back you smoked my entire squad on Al Bas at the factory when you made a rocket pass. I'll never forget seeing our bodies fly over the damn wall and some guy in the squad on VOIP "Damn devs don't even check the radar!". We all had a good laugh at that one. ;}
I done worse since!
What rly screws me up is flying in AmrA, then PR......You end up looking like a drunk wasp.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 03:46   #45
Biggaayal

As someone in this thread suggested, giving the spec ops parachutes would be a great way of making them a little more useful, would bring back the possibility of using para-drops for insertions,and woudl bring back a great feature of the bf2 engine.
Biggaayal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:47   #46
headhunter8982
Default if it were reality they would have some use...

Yeah I agree with the crowd on this one that SF kits are close to useless. I can see the designers were trying to emulate real life SF which mainly observe the enemy position, destroy specific targets like bridges along with other tasks in a supporting roll for conventional forces. Also the lack of body armor show that these are not front line troops, in fact special forces are most successful when they complete their mission without engaging the enemy as stealth is their greatest ally deep behind enemy lines. However the kit is too useless so i think these additions to the kit would make SF a valuable member of a squad. (on some maps)
Some of these have been previously suggested by others as well.

1. binoculars where you could see the range of targets. (what the hell are they called again?)
2. 2-3 flashbangs
3. grappling hook
4. an extra field dressing or two

This doesn't give SF kit any addition fire power or make them worthy to be a restricted kit as they are already the weakest kit of them all. Still keeping true to the equipment likely to be used by SF.

Possible 5. parachute
I’m from Australia and i know that our SF like the SAS and Commandos are required to be deployable by air and i can only assume that the US and UK would be exactly the same.
On that note maybe they should add commander drop zones; a temporary spawn point where you parachute in. could be a nice little feature for certain maps.

Another thought i had just now was maybe a team should have 1 SF squad with SF kits. Like an engineer, medic, marksman SF kit, the rifleman SF kit could basically just be the currant SF kit. The kits could be more suitable to going behind enemy lines & avoiding detection/firefights to destroy commander assets and ultimately give the enemy a headache. This would also be a lot more realistic than SF in squads with conventional troops yeah? I have no idea how this would be incorporated into the game or how effective it would be but meh just a thought.

Bottom line either fix SF up or get rid of it!
.. and yeah sure noobs straight from BF2 will still grab the SF kit but hey least maybe some actual players might grab one and kick some ass, ya dig?
Last edited by headhunter8982; 2007-08-20 at 13:35..
Old 2007-08-20, 13:57   #47
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggaayal View Post
As someone in this thread suggested, giving the spec ops parachutes would be a great way of making them a little more useful, would bring back the possibility of using para-drops for insertions,and woudl bring back a great feature of the bf2 engine.
Ugh no, the parachutes were so lame.
A squad would just fly a helo as high as possible over a flag and then a constant stream of spec op nerds would keep dropping on your flag until someone bothered to take your own helo and ram theirs. More of a nuisance but also very gamey.
Skullening.Chris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 15:51   #48
Saobh
Retired Moderator

The replacement of the C4 by timed slams has pretty much nutted the SF kit.
But it can come in handy at some times in accomplishing objectives where there is a good chance your going to die anyway. Say your squad/team is having a hard time against a tight enemy position (ex. the bunkers on Mestia) in the thick of the firefight position yourself at 2 seconds running distance from your objective, wait for a small opening, then dash for it and mark the home run with your 2 slams. 15 seconds later the enemy will have forgotten about you and taken back their defensive positions .... and BoOM

I've been able to clear enough a defensive position in order for the next push be accomplished before they respawn back.

This also works for destroying key enemy assets (bridges, RP, Command posts etc) even while heavily defended as you usually don't have time to trigger the C4 even when you manage to get to your objective, the timed slams get the job done.

Talking of Mestia, while our whole team had been pushed back to their last flag (Militia side) I took out a british SF (for a strange reason 1/3 of them seemd to be SF ) ran to the main entry where they where fighting hard to enter, dropped some smokes and used those few seconds to burst out and drop my 2 slams a couple of steps outside before getting shot down.
I then happily stayed in my corpse view to watch a squads worth of men get blown to pieces. We still lost, but man did that make my day

So there are useful things to make out of it, its peoples imagination which is rather lacking.

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 16:59   #49
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

That's what I hate about Mestia.
When you kill a Brit and want a snazzy scoped rifle you most often end up with the SF gun, no armor and no ability to aid your squadmates.
To make them realistic in the stealth area they need suppressed weapon, even just a pistol would make them useful in infiltrating rear areas and destroying assets.
As it stands now when I want to play SF Rambo I use the engineer kit because of the C4 and on most maps the AT mines are good for creating some havoc.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 17:34   #50
BlackwaterEddie

They do have a stealth weapon, its called a knife.
BlackwaterEddie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, ops, spec