project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-24, 12:58   #41
Ecko
Supporting Member

Loaded it no problem. Was using the 64 player size...
Good work so far, with the first crash site though could you make the area around the bh more open (As per the films). Also at the USMC base, there is a shooting range oddly placed, make it face west opposed to south. It's current placement would increase the chance of friendly fire.

Onto vehicles:
Remove 2 jeeps and replace them with command trucks, this way there is some mobile spawn points.
Remove one BH and replace with a T-Littlebird. So in total there is now 2 T-Littlebirds.
Replace the Hydra-LB with the Minigun one.

Just my suggestions, great work so far. Although, I do think you should set up a flag "Holding point" which is capable at the same time as the "Target building".

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Old 2007-08-24, 13:04   #42
arjan

Cool
Old 2007-08-24, 14:13   #43
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
Loaded it no problem. Was using the 64 player size...
Good work so far, with the first crash site though could you make the area around the bh more open (As per the films). Also at the USMC base, there is a shooting range oddly placed, make it face west opposed to south. It's current placement would increase the chance of friendly fire.

Onto vehicles:
Remove 2 jeeps and replace them with command trucks, this way there is some mobile spawn points.
Remove one BH and replace with a T-Littlebird. So in total there is now 2 T-Littlebirds.
Replace the Hydra-LB with the Minigun one.

Just my suggestions, great work so far. Although, I do think you should set up a flag "Holding point" which is capable at the same time as the "Target building".
Can we place command trucks? I thought that was a commander only ability that was to be left up to a commander... if not, I'll think about it. Otherwise, use choppers and stuff for ferry and place a rally point, plenty of places to hide them in the city.

I know there will be tweaking with vehicles needed, espec. the number of Helos, but I'm going to wait until it gets some online testing before I make changes. Just to see what needs to be done more precisely.

The target building, yeah, AAS needs work, so far, each starts with one base extra (well, INS also have the crash sites)... I dont know, regardless, yeah, it needs work, but Im not sure I want to just throw in a control point to be grouped with the target building just because.... but, like I said, we'll see.

After classes today, Ill get the map fixed(or at least I think I will) and put it up for download...
Old 2007-08-24, 14:58   #44
Ecko
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure they can infact be placed like any other vehicle. On the Kashan vehicle test map someone did they had it placed along with every other vehicle in game. Not sure if it requires you to hack the files though...

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Old 2007-08-24, 15:28   #45
youm0nt

Are their any pick up kits and ammo caches for the insurgents in the city area? I didn't check thoroughly in the city enough.
Old 2007-08-24, 16:40   #46
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt View Post
Are their any pick up kits and ammo caches for the insurgents in the city area? I didn't check thoroughly in the city enough.
not throughout the city yet. Well, there might be a few tables of ak's I put in a long time ago. But later, I will place more RPGs in certain key locations. But, for now, they are all at INS Spawn.
One thing i dont like about current INS spawn is that sometime it puts you in the mountainous area, and if both vehicles from there are taken, you have a LOT of walking... I think I'll reduce it to just the main camp for the spawn...

LtSoucy, Im sure you can put them in, but I think I read somewhere in a guidlines thread that they should be left to the commander to place them in game... but IDK... i know its true for commander assets, but not sure baout the commander/spawpoint truck... Would be nice though
Old 2007-08-24, 16:45   #47
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Pictures from TY2D2 and I's LAN last night. Just to tide you over, and as a "sorry for the problems"

The incredibly short, unfinished, pictorial portrayal of the Battle of Mogadishu... kind of. I like the first and fourth pictures, the small pics of the black hawk.

Old 2007-08-24, 16:48   #48
PlayPR!

All we need to complete this map is T3H FAST R0PEZ!

Awsome looking map, downloading the beta/alpha now.
Old 2007-08-24, 17:50   #49
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPR! View Post
All we need to complete this map is T3H FAST R0PEZ!

Awsome looking map, downloading the beta/alpha now.
great, but i cant guarantee the ones youre downloading will work. im starting work on fixing it now. will keep you posted once i test the map once packed. then to upload.
Old 2007-08-24, 20:59   #50
TaskForceDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaskForceDelta View Post
well it crashes everytime i press start server. Even on 16 player ive tried and same problem so i replaced the lightmapatlas.tai file and still it crashes. Can you help me?

can someone please help me with that? I just cant seem to load the map at all
Closed Thread

Tags
black, hawk, map, ramiel, released, wip