project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do you think in tickets when commanding
No 43 27.04%
Yes 73 45.91%
Occasionally 43 27.04%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-06, 15:37   #41
Sabre_tooth_tigger
Default Re: Thinking in tickets

Im only talking about distributing the present bleed rate across all the flags not increasing it. So Jabal, MEC get bleed on usmc when they cap east beach and there is 6 cappable flags for them total so divide the bleed rate across all 6 so each is valuable to hold and defend

USMC get a bleed on MEC when they cap both cities. If you took both bleeds, average them out and apply it in all flag situations according to how many flags each side holds then defence would be more important then now where its just bleed vs KDR
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 16:52   #42
cyberzomby

As a first time commander I was busy taking the flags because of the bleed. Only finding out that they dont cause bleed anymore ( not all of them ) Thankfully some nice players explained to me that it was more important to hold certain areas to make sure we wouldnt lose to many tickets for deaths!

When I go play PR this night I will try commanding with the tips learned here! Looks good!

And I know what your saying Sabre. Without the bleed its a bit weird to send off squads to a certain area to just hang in there. For a lot of players: Flags seem the most important thing. I only play on TG server ( when I get in that is :P ) so I play wiht people with the right mindset but than theres still a lot of flag mentality.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 01:14   #43
vilhelm123

Maybe I’m just a bad commander but i rarely think in tickets and spend alot of my time thinking on my feet. Although i do like to keep one squad as a sort of tactical reverse if they will co-operate. They normally take the form of the squad that not got many members or some sort of tank squad. Doing that allows me to break most attacks and also gives me enough boots on the ground to order an advance to capitalize on any repulsed attacks.
vilhelm123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 01:31   #44
WildBill1337

i dont think in tickets at all. as commander i give squads general orders, then leave it to the squad leaders to decide which specific actions to take. i also end up relaying information from one squad to the other.

1st example: ill put attack or defend markers for each squad. after they recieve the order, i kleave it to them to decide how they want to go about their objective.

2nd example: sq
WildBill1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 01:33   #45
WildBill1337

i dont think in tickets at all. as commander i give squads general orders, then leave it to the squad leaders to decide which specific actions to take. i also end up relaying information from one squad to the other. im a pretty laid back commander that lets squad leaders do what they see fit unless i see something that they dont.

1st example: ill put attack or defend markers for each squad. after they recieve the order, i kleave it to them to decide how they want to go about their objective.

2nd example: squad 3 is at a firebase and is under attack from the north. squad 7 is to the north. i relay information to squad 7 that they are behind enemies to their south, and end up saving squad 3 with that information.

sorry first one didnt post right.
WildBill1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:28   #46
Psycho_Sam

Interesting point in 0.8 now seeing as you have no way of telling how many tickets the enemy has. I wonder how commanders will adapt to this change.
Psycho_Sam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:38   #47
Tartantyco

-I find that teams keep fighting to the end more often. At least half the games I've played have ended with only a few tickets remaining for the winner(1-15 tickets), and this makes teams fight for every ticket all the way to the end. I remember on Barracuda, we had five tickets left and I typed in GG expecting to lose. Then, at 3 tickets the game ended with our side victorious.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 12:02   #48
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Yep, games are getting closer now ticket wise... Often below the 30 tickets marker.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 12:15   #49
Sabre_tooth_tigger

They always were close, I thought it might have the opposite effect but 1-0 ticket scores were common last version on pubs. Unless one team gets a bleed its just about kdr and 1 for 1 kills are the natural average I guess
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 13:48   #50
Psycho_Sam

Yeah I guess one of the reasons is that teams cannot see the others ticket status so they are less likely to either lay off (if they are miles ahead) or give up if they are miles behind and of course closer battles are alwyas more fun!
Psycho_Sam is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
thinking, tickets