project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 12:34   #41
Harrelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
For those that asked, we were able to overcome vBF2 "hardcoded" reload times of the arty system and change it to enable the use of the JDAM for whatever interval we wanted.
congrats for that. just show what a skilled mod team makes up PR
Old 2007-12-11, 16:33   #42
markonymous

omg that was awesome
Old 2007-12-11, 17:10   #43
Cpt.Kawakowitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrix View Post
We so need that on Street.
I agree with that one...
Old 2007-12-11, 17:13   #44
CheRiTTo

The PR explosion radius seems bigger than the original. Good to see some strategical strike implemented in PR
Old 2007-12-11, 17:36   #45
Morgan

that thing made me sex wee...
Old 2007-12-11, 17:38   #46
Hotrod525

Nice and how it will work ? how many bomb would be dropable ( and what is gonna drop it... ) did we gonna see the bomb fall ? give us some juicy detail
Old 2007-12-11, 18:38   #47
Biggaayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Haha, that 's pretty impressive, wonder how it 's going to change gameplay though.
With a long enough cool down period, it wouldn't be too much. I wouldn't mind getting hit say 3 to 5 times by these babies in a round of Kashan.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:02   #48
SectorNine50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggaayal View Post
With a long enough cool down period, it wouldn't be too much. I wouldn't mind getting hit say 3 to 5 times by these babies in a round of Kashan.
It could seriously cripple the other team's defenses... Just have a squad hangin' out just outside of the flag, drop the JDAM and the squad will just cruise on in for the cap. Everyone in there will have a 30 second respawn, giving at least enough time to neutralize.

I think it might change a lot... Are there enough people on each team for a bomb that big to make sense? I'm guessing trying to do a 128 man server is hard-coded and impossible, right?
Old 2007-12-11, 19:11   #49
markonymous

imagine like 2 squads trying to cap south village in kashan then boom clears the whole village out then comes the cavalry and takes it back... that would be awesome
Old 2007-12-11, 20:20   #50
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

As much as I love it, you just KNOW that it won't be used like that... Instead of having a blackhawk/flying pig airborne with an entire squad of troops ready to move in as soon as the strike's over, the JDAM will almost always be requested by foolish squadleaders on areas that are either completely devoid of enemy units, or that contain a single tank (that manages to escape), or that contains three friendly squads.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Closed Thread

Tags
jdam, weapon, weapons, wip