project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-01-05, 22:32   #41
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Good greif, it's an information-hunting wallah. Good work, chap!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-01-05, 22:34   #42
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Sadly enough, I doubt whether it would be possible to put them all ig

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 2008-01-05, 23:46   #43
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand28 View Post
Your "facts" speak more to tactics than to weapon accuracy.

There's a difference between "dumping a bag of bullets into the general area of an insurgent" and "placing the crosshairs on a target 100' away and missing entirely".
yeah, and with no breathing/trigger-pull/sway control you will miss.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2008-01-05, 23:56   #44
CareBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
yeah, and with no breathing/trigger-pull/sway control you will miss.

agree that the inital devation is excelent when moving or just stopped moving, but for example, when you are prone and steady, its should be about 95% accurate, it is if you are perfectly still, but when moving the mouse slowly to follow a target you have no chance of hiting him, IRL you do! thats wat i hate about the deviation atm

Old 2008-01-06, 00:28   #45
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB]Steve.US View Post
I would like to say that I am not a trained military man, but I am an avid hunter. I do understand that I am not as stressed as a soldier would be during a battle. I am not the best shot in the world either. Now that being said, I as well as many other people have the ability to sprint 20 yds take a knee and hit a running deer in the "kill zone" with a 4X scope. I've done this and seen this many times. Now I have never been in a war and don't have the foggiest idea what it's like. I would just like to give some of you an example. Yes I have to take a second to aim. But it hits exactly where I aim. Bear in mind that I'm not shooting 500m. I guess what I'm trying to say is, when your prone you should be virtually 100% accurate. At least the first shot. I love the mod and can still hit people it just takes more bullets which are in even shorter supply now. There I've said it I feel better.
I'm a big game hunter as well. I own many firearms and do my own reloading when the mood strikes me. I'm also a combat veteran like several others on this forum.

First let me say that the rifles that you and I own are a HELL of a lot better quality than the assault rifles my boys are carrying overseas. Civilian/consumer rifles have always been better quality. Secondly the ammo that we purchase is "match grade" quality when compared to standard 62gr ball ammo. Now I'm guessing the shots you are taking are about 100 meters or less. Especially if you are in a heavily wooded area. Yes the accuracy is good with MIL SPEC rifles at those ranges. You can hold your breath and run 20 yards. 20 yards is nothing really. Unless your are in the mountains at high attitude. 50, even 60 yd shots on moving game is not that difficult. If you are hitting running deer, at medium (150 yds)to long range (250+ yds), then you may be a superstar hunter in your area, cause I'll bet a decent amount of the hunters in your area can't hit a running deer on the first shot at those ranges. Mostly because they have never had to, and most hunters don't practice such shots.

Moving on; now keep doing the sprinting and shooting thing that all day, every day for a weeks. Make sure you do it for at least a 3 maybe 4 hours at a time each day before you quit for the day. Now eat only MREs and go without sleep for about 2 to 3 maybe 4 days at a time. Have all your buddies come find you and scare the hell out of you at random, anytime day or night just to add stress. All while living in constant fear for your safety, and the safety of your buddies. The kind of fear that will wear you away to nothing in no time.
Basic combat stress is more than enough to dull your sense after long term exposure. At first your senses are sooooo sharpened that you feel almost god-like, but after awhile it wears you down, and you aren't even aware of it most times.

Do all that for about a month or two, and maybe just maybe you will be able to see the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to the things like combat stress that you have to deal with at the same time that you are trying to hit a stupid target, or even a deer that will never shoot back. Sorry for ranting on.

R
Old 2008-01-06, 00:54   #46
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB]Steve.US View Post
Yep I understand that I just like the idea that maybe your 70% accurate standing 85% kneeling and 99% prone. and if your moving they decrease significantly. It's hard for me to justify in my own mind weapon deviation. I understand that breathing cannot be put in the game, but there has got to be a more realistic "looking" way. The more I play the less of an issue it is becoming. But why add invisible weapon deviation. Could they add in the indicators like on the HAT? After all I know when I'm shooting where I'm aiming. That would add a spacial awareness, since they can't add sway.

Upon further reading someone already made that suggestion.
Weapon deviation isn't hard to justify if you will remember that weapon deviation is present in all real world rifles. We just don't call it deviation. The term "deviation" is new to me as well. Most people refer to it as MOA or minute of angle.
Most mass produced hunting rifles sold in the US like Remington, Winchester, Weatherby and Browning have it. Some even come with the factory target in the box that has a 3 round shot group on target just to prove it. Most manufactures will say that their rifles (with good factory ammo) will produce a 1.5 inch shot group and 100 yards. That's an MOA or deviation rating if you will Basically they are saying that there rifle will make about a 1.5 MOA shot group. That equates to a 1.5 inch shot group at 100 yard, a 3 inch shot group at 200yds and a 4.5 inch shot group at 300yds, and so on and so on. Is that accurate enough for big game hunting one may ask? You better believe it is! Considering that the vital area of a deer is larger than the shot group size at 300 yards.

Now granted that most of those rifles will produce slightly better shot groups than that. Even though most of those manufactures won't give you a written promise or guarantee, that is in fact what they are implying. You can purchase hunting rifles that do come with a guarantee but you will pay a hefty price for such a rifle. Most rifles that come with a guarantee will start somewhere around 2500 dollars US or more, and usually start at around 1MOA. Expect to pay double for a half MOA rifle, but most hunters/shooters can't shoot .5MOA even if they have such a rifle so why pay for it. Sorry for ranting on again. I'll hush now

R
Old 2008-01-06, 00:55   #47
six.point.8

Check out this page of that thread I mentioned earlier!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=264481&page=8
Old 2008-01-06, 01:34   #48
Eddie Baker
Banned

Eat nothing but MREs for three or four days at a time? No way, I have heard the horror stories, and just one of those things on a camping trip when I was a kid was enough to give my colon a traffic jam for half a week.
Old 2008-01-06, 02:03   #49
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Eddie Baker View Post
Eat nothing but MREs for three or four days at a time? No way, I have heard the horror stories, and just one of those things on a camping trip when I was a kid was enough to give my colon a traffic jam for half a week.
LOL. That can certainly be true. It's going to either lockup your system or give you the flying .... well you know.
Most of the time though it just locks you up.

Anyway enough about that, I just had dinner

R
Old 2008-01-06, 02:10   #50
WNxKenwayy

Ahhhhhh rico took all my fun away

Tags
deviation, feedback, v07, weapon