project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-05-21, 23:04   #41
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Re: The Project Reality Commander

cause your gay

No, i wish i could command from squadleading. That is just so much more win.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 08:01   #42
Phoenix.86
Supporting Member

All respect to you Mike, don't think we could have had a better commander for our team back then.

Also, great read.

ReadMenace: "...Could be wrong, the 6th soldier could be in the fetal position in the trunk. Or on the driver's lap. "Is that your radio poking me SL? Oh.. Ohgod.. It's not!"
Phoenix.86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 10:16   #43
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post

While it is nice that you have an extremely in-depth guide to commanding, I personally wouldnt go at it at all the same way. The game has changed a lot since you last played, you have to have up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of the game and the people you play with to be able to effectively command.
Thanks.

Personally though, I don't think my guide is anywhere close to being extremely in-depth, -yet. It will be great, if I can make it so. So far I managed to make it detailed in certain areas, yes, but that's all. Going extremely in-depth will require a mountain-range of work.

In the Commander chapter, when written, I will touch the topic of digging into the layers below the details, floating on the surface, but I honestly don't think I will have the time, or skills for that matter, to go in-depth. Who knows? Eventually, time will tell.

I agree that you need as updated data on the game, as possible, however, not all of the game has changed, thus in several years from now, PR players will still be able to use this guide as a supportive tool when wanting to play the CO-function. Especially when the bigger teams gets to become an everyday event on the PR servers.

Regarding playtime, well, since you don't know when I played the game last time L4gi, you aren't able to determine how much the game has changed since I played it.

Quote:
All respect to you Mike, don't think we could have had a better commander for our team back then. Also, great read.
Hi Phoenix, thanks for the kind words.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 10:20   #44
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Well I do know you havent played for years. :P
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 10:31   #45
Michael_Denmark

Then why did you feel a need to ask?
Old 2011-05-22, 12:33   #46
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Just saying. I feel that your guide is way too in-depth to be useful. Not that I dont respect the time it took for you to write it. One of the biggest problems with most players/SLs/COs nowadays is that they try to do things the hard way when there is an easy way. I've had great success with simple things, so I dont see why people want to overcomplicate things.
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 13:03   #47
Michael_Denmark

Well we are all different L4gi.

Thus when you view the guide as something not-simple, others will view it as superficial and too simple.

Simplicity and complexity are subjective factors.
Old 2011-05-22, 18:25   #48
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
The most successful emotional magnet I have used in a Project Reality battle was the defense of Temple Flag, Qwai River map, playing the PLA side (PELA TEAM). A battle that from my opponents side was not tactical necessary to process. Temple flag was not a tactical treat to the enemy in that battle, however its location being close to the PLA main base could be used as base for encircling PLA main base. Thus Temple was tempting to capture.

Eventually I deployed more than 2/3 of my team on the Temple hill area and defended it successfully against numerous enemy helicopter/boat and vehicle-attacks, resulting in my ticket victory.
This was indeed an memorable defence which even bumped team morale for the following battles in my opinion.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 19:59   #49
Tarranauha200

Agree whit l4gi. More details there are means more ways to fail=more likely you are to fail.
Just keep it simple and it will work.
Been there, done that.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 20:20   #50
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Agree whit l4gi. More details there are means more ways to fail=more likely you are to fail.
Just keep it simple and it will work.
Been there, done that.
What you perceive as being simple, is not what another will perceive as being simple. Agreeing with others is fine, but on this matter not important in it self, since it is the acceptance of the diversity, that is important.

When you as here reject that others can have another view on the same thing as you, -in this case whether something is too detailed instead of being simple, then you also distance your self from the thinking of understanding your enemy.

Ah well, I will try - at some point - to describe it better in the guide if I'm able to.

Tags
commander, project, reality