project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-06-04, 20:11   #41
Szarko

Sounds almost french.
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:31   #42
Malik
Banned

It's not called 'Project Present' last I checked. And like I said, the MEC aren't real so it's unfair to judge the Dragunov just because the Russians build it with a 4x scope. And like I said, the SUSATs have 4x zoom and if we give the Dragunov a 4x scope then even the MEC snipers don't stand a chance against the UK.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:36   #43
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
MEC snipers don't stand a chance against the UK.

WELCOME TO REALITY!
Crawley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:44   #44
trogdor1289

lol so true crawely. The issue once again is gameplay balance.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:47   #45
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
lol so true crawely. The issue once again is gameplay balance.
It's really not that hard, to keep a balance, just need to be creative, but then again, they shouldn't be balanced. This is project reality.
Old 2006-06-04, 20:47   #46
Malik
Banned

Last I checked, this was a modification (in other words, a change) designed to make a game (in other words, something that's meant to be fun, fair and enjoyable for all) more realistic (in other words, something true to real life). Yes, although the Russians make the SVD with the 4x scope a standard, that doesn't mean the MEC (who don't exist) get theirs from the same supplier. Believe it or not Crawley, it is perfectly possible that this ficticious organisation kindly asked the ficticious guys making the guns for them to pop on a different scope.

And besides, last time I checked REALITY the MEC snipers never had a problem against the UK, mainly because they're not REAL.
Old 2006-06-04, 20:48   #47
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

/\lol

But I agree that Sniper accuracy should definatley increase. It seems fair that the Bolt action rifles (M24 & L96) have very little deviance and the Semi Autos (SVD & Type 88 ) have a bit more. This is realistic and gives the GAME balance as the rifles with lower accuracy have a higher ROF.

About the 'settle time'- In PRMM now, do you need to have the scope still for it to settle or will potential accuracy still increase if the scope is moving a bit, like if you are following a running enemy in your sights, will it make a difference if you shoot him straight off or follow him for a few seconds?
Id be greatful if someone could answer this correctly. Regardless all future PR release should retain the settle time to make the class authentic.
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:53   #48
Malik
Banned

I believe the wait time occurs between when you draw your weapon or chamber a new round and when you fire. I definitely know it's possible to chase a running target with your crosshair, otherwise I'd never have got any sniper kills and now would anybody else.
Old 2006-06-04, 20:55   #49
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
in other words, something that's meant to be fun, fair and enjoyable for all
If thats what you want you should play vanilla.

Quote:
Believe it or not Crawley, it is perfectly possible that this ficticious organisation kindly asked the ficticious guys making the guns for them to pop on a different scope.
Get your head out of your ass please

Quote:
And besides, last time I checked REALITY the MEC snipers never had a problem against the UK, mainly because they're not REAL.
omg you got me muhammid jihad i had no clue MEC didnt exsist im crushed, stfu man. My goal is to make the game balanced while keeping it as real as possible.
Old 2006-06-04, 20:56   #50
Crawley
Banned

SVD, should be able to pop off 7-8 rounds minute MAX

Tags
accuracy, increase, rifle, sniper