project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2009-10-31, 21:32   #41
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Al Muthana Desert (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
to make the arty crates look good you can also use a "road" here, just look for "explosion_mark_xpack"/"explosion_markbig_xpack" and play around with the settings and add some undergrowth rocks to it and maybe some rocks to make it look more real. i never done this before but i am pretty sure its at least a good way
nice one.

The craters are working fine ingame Just making them look perty.

but I don't really understand these intersection things, I've been looking at them in other maps, but I don't get em yet.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 23:02   #42
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Hi guys, no proper updates, just a request for help.

I can't find a good road tutorial anywhere, I specifically need a tut on intersections. If any1 knows a good one, feel free to post it.
There isn't really any tut on intersections out there, maybe I should make one since its a fairly simple process. Fine ok I'll start loading the editor and will post back here with a link when its done.

Quote:
Please dont use thous sandbags, they are really buggy for starters and since they are distributable they dont do the proper job a sandbag wall should.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 20:18   #43
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...b7cd2bbd4f.png

righto, I'm using the other trench statics, they will need a bit of a touchup texture wise speaking to make them look more natural, but I think only a few changes would make them acceptable.

I wasn't going to use them because I thought terrain morphing would make it really annoying to use. But then I realised I could angle them down slightly, looks quite nice, and also avoids z-fighting with the ground since the angle of the ground and the static are far enough apart.

Old 2009-11-02, 19:09   #44
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

updated first post with these screens,

This is my trench system in the bunker complex. I'm going to add another enterable to the 2nd enterance...but I can't find a good static that gives variation yet looks like it belongs to do this. For now i've just left a trench firing position outside it until I think of something better. (The idea is that infantry can move to get in to position to attack the missle silo from positions of ther choosing, and have positions that have reasonable cover to suppress/attack enemies at the bunkers.

Terrain morphing isn't a problem. I've tested it ingame, on the longer segments of trench it was a problem, I've just added turns and obstructions that hide the terrain morph.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/294/wip6.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3104/wip5.png

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9708/wip4.png

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1066/minimap.jpg

Old 2009-11-04, 00:37   #45
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
"road" here, just look for "explosion_mark_xpack"/"explosion_markbig_xpack"
would you happen to know how to make the explosions spread out along the spline? its a bit nasty seeing them lined up so much.

Also, I can't seem to find the texture file for the terrain objects (v1, 2 and 3 specifically)

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...82212174f7.png

little room I've put underground at the brit FOB, I think its probably best to have underground bits at each flag so the infantry have a place to flee to. I'm gonna remove the flag, its just there for lolz.

Old 2009-11-04, 00:40   #46
Wilkinson

Quote:
would you happen to know how to make the explosions spread out along the spline? its a bit nasty seeing them lined up so much.

Also, I can't seem to find the texture file for the terrain objects (v1, 2 and 3 specifically)

Rudd_Medicman - Screenshots

little room I've put underground at the brit FOB, I think its probably best to have underground bits at each flag so the infantry have a place to flee to. I'm gonna remove the flag, its just there for lolz.
smart concept. Like it :P
Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 12:16   #47
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

hesco´s at the underground ?
better change that to a wall

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 17:05   #48
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

its not a trenchy type underground, its barely 2m down.

Old 2009-11-04, 22:35   #49
Welshboy

Looks awesome so far Rudd
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 14:47   #50
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Here is the latest minimap

I apologise for the PNG, but I'm sure the MODs won't mind since its not high res at all.

Bunker layout is pretty much finished, adding details. Same for Brit and MEC main, the bunker line and also the Brit FOB.

Working on making a realistic looking oil field East of the bunkers now, and the village is slowly getting bigger though we have accidentally used destructable objects when we were going to use non-destructs. So we're going to have to review the whole village and replace objects as required.

We also plan to add small villages and compounds around the entire map, collections of 3-5 buildings. These can provide FOB positions, but will mostly be important in the 16 infantry layer as cover and firing positions

I've also decided to place a few of teh good old AAA cannons, but they are cleverly positioned so they can only engage air targets

EDIT, just so you know there is around 1000m between each flag, and 1500+ between the mains and each flag.

Last edited by Rudd; 2009-11-09 at 15:14..

Tags
4km, awesomeness, desert, map, muthana, rud loves men, rudd is a stud, ruddyboy, wip