project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: What is your squad leading style?
Authoritarian 121 33.89%
Delegation 134 37.54%
Sheep 27 7.56%
Can't be arsed to put effort in 5 1.40%
I don't squad lead 49 13.73%
other (post below!) 21 5.88%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-30, 16:41   #41
ytman
Default Re: what's your squad leading style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
But its bad if your squad gets complety wiped out like then the morale starts to drop and ppl start to leave. One of the biggest things is MORALE with your squad members to have them all to work toghetour good effficntley
Yeah. Morale is incredibly important in pub squads. If they don't know you (as a leader) and you sent them into a frustrating death there is a chance that they will leave your squad.

What I do to fix this (and really just make the game less frustrating) is to say "Good job guys, nice try," or something along those lines. I mean its never 100% our fault that we lost the battle, so many variables exist that you shouldn't blame your squad unless someone was doing something really stupid, then you evicerate that one person.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:06   #42
Tiger1
Supporting Member

Quote:
Web_cole "any decision, even a wrong one, is better than no decision at all"
Correct !
Tiger1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 06:25   #43
zebra.actual

Authoritarian.

There are going to be few times when you're in my squad and I'm not telling you what to do or what not to do.
zebra.actual is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 11:31   #44
PFunk

I lead with authority but I also cultivate the friendly atmosphere where everyone is supposed to be working together. The one thing I constantly do aside from talk about what we're going to do or try to do is tell people to tell me stuff or do stuff but in a personally responsible way. Like "everybody should be watching behind and around, look around you and look in a direction someone isnt looking" kind of thing.

Squad Leader should have big picture in mind, and for me I give as much of it to my guys when I lead as I can so that they have some context for what I want them to do. If they know the context of what we're doing it lets them better think on their own instead of just waiting for me to tell them exactly everything to do. The best squads end up being like a group of friends with one guy (usually me) leading it and making the tough decisions.

Any other type of squad is really boring for pub play in my opinion. If the SL has to lead every bit of the way its just not efficient and for me just drags it into a chore.

I usually say "we're gonna do this" or "we're going to defend here until I decide to move". I put the situation in my hands but with them given as much detail as is necessary for them to think on their own.

However I also get impatient with people who just don't follow orders. I can be patient with people who make mistakes but people who just don't go with the flow I'll boot in a second. In my opinion a good squad (from a success versus failure in the game round POV) has to be efficient and effective and there can't be one guy ruining the flow. SL has to be a dictator every time even if its passive like just laying a marker and saying 'walk'.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 11:28   #45
A.Fear[3|AIU]

I use my squad a a tool,cus thats what pr is for. And i hate those noobs who dont follow SL orders,or join a squad for a sniper kit,HAT etc.
A.Fear[3|AIU] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:10   #46
13DarkWolf

post deleted
Last edited by 13DarkWolf; 2016-09-24 at 13:01.. Reason: deleted
Old 2010-09-24, 21:03   #47
usmcguy

Lead by example and dont tell your guys to do something you wouldnt do yourself
usmcguy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 00:20   #48
lromero

Although i don't usually squad lead, im lucky because most of the time i've had a second in command so he would be the one with experience but i would be the one in charge, and we would ask for ideas from our squad members.
lromero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 16:39   #49
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Authoritarian.....and I WILL kick if you don't STFU....

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
bazza_1964 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 10:10   #50
Berlan

Delegation all the way man. Sometimes people need more guidance and I'm just a softie.

usmcguy has given the best decription of a great leading style.
Berlan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
leading, squad, style