project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-11-30, 15:05   #41
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: Anti aircraft vehicle, Why can they still be used as a solo driven/fired vehicle

The Tunguska, since its an infantry rape machine, should be 2 manned. Every other AA should require just a single, its unrealistic, but the extra person on the ground/in a tank etc. is more beneficial to the team.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:12   #42
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Default Re: Anti aircraft vehicle, Why can they still be used as a solo driven/fired vehicle

^ Agree
Gunning+Driving AA is wtf boring enough, but only driving one is just /wrists...

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:25   #43
mat552

I'd like to point out that the tunguska may be a rape machine, but it sounds like one, and deploys like a tank.

The Avenger Humvee on the other hand, sounds like a normal light vehicle until it rolls up and dumps 200 rounds of .50 into you and your squad, with a few wildly aimed missiles to boot. And then flees the scene before anyone can show up to deal with it.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 19:51   #44
Alex6714

So its not ok if it rapes infantry but it is if it rapes aircraft?
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 20:24   #45
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
I Have myself killed with the Brit Stormer Anti aircraft vehicle killed 1 MEC Havoc CAS-HELO, 1 MEC Gopher + 1 MEC BMP and 1 MEC Tank before I ran out of ammo and had to go and rearm. This was down to the fact we was crewed up as a driver and a gunner. So we could move and hide. This would be harder to do as a solo/single setter. But it would be doable.
Don't you completely invalidate your point with that statement? Make it two man and the same thing will happen, yes you stated that but YOU already do/have done it. Sounds to me you had a bad day and then came home to PR and then got the short end of the stick. S**t happens man get use to it.
Grizzly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 22:14   #46
Oddsodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
Don't you completely invalidate your point with that statement? Make it two man and the same thing will happen, yes you stated that but YOU already do/have done it. Sounds to me you had a bad day and then came home to PR and then got the short end of the stick. S**t happens man get use to it.
The point is it would take 2 players to agree go base raping. One player on his/her own can do it. But making it 2 man job means making it harder for him/her to do so own there own. Plus admins would be able to find them on the map and deal with it before it becomes an issue.

I Will say it again as it looks like the point has been lost.

Base raping issues aside (remember that some server don't have that rule). The amount of teamwork needed to use the Anti aircraft vehicle is zero. Yet it has the power to kill a tank. This is wrong. Just today I saw an US Army Anti aircraft vehicle Avenger kill a tank (it may have been damaged before the the Anti aircraft vehicle hit it, But I did not see that). This is a lot of fire power at the hands of just one player. It's armored. Making it require a LAT or more to kill it (yes I know you can fozz/C4/mine it if you can get close). For such a thing to have this much power and need zero teamwork to use/kill is just plan wrong. Everything else in PR needs teamwork to be used. Why should the Anti aircraft vehicle be any different? Some of you say it would take away players from other jobs/roles on the battle field. Fine. Make it have 1 single seat. And reduce it's ammo count to just 2 rockets. Then it can still fill the role of an Anti aircraft vehicle. But it can't go around killing tanks and troops to it's hearts content.
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 05:08   #47
Nebsif
Supporting Member

How can an AAV kill a tank? spam missiles and hope they hit somewhere around it or wut? Tank crew must be wtfubernub..

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 07:12   #48
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
The point is it would take 2 players to agree go base raping. One player on his/her own can do it. But making it 2 man job means making it harder for him/her to do so own there own. Plus admins would be able to find them on the map and deal with it before it becomes an issue.

I Will say it again as it looks like the point has been lost.

Base raping issues aside (remember that some server don't have that rule). The amount of teamwork needed to use the Anti aircraft vehicle is zero. Yet it has the power to kill a tank. This is wrong. Just today I saw an US Army Anti aircraft vehicle Avenger kill a tank (it may have been damaged before the the Anti aircraft vehicle hit it, But I did not see that). This is a lot of fire power at the hands of just one player. It's armored. Making it require a LAT or more to kill it (yes I know you can fozz/C4/mine it if you can get close). For such a thing to have this much power and need zero teamwork to use/kill is just plan wrong. Everything else in PR needs teamwork to be used. Why should the Anti aircraft vehicle be any different? Some of you say it would take away players from other jobs/roles on the battle field. Fine. Make it have 1 single seat. And reduce it's ammo count to just 2 rockets. Then it can still fill the role of an Anti aircraft vehicle. But it can't go around killing tanks and troops to it's hearts content.
So if used properly you would rather have two players waiting around doing almost nothing instead of one...

Also this reminds me of an old quote on here that "Players are hard coded". No matter what you do or how you do it, jackasses will be jackasses and find a way to screw it up.
Last edited by Grizzly; 2010-12-01 at 07:16.. Reason: Afterthought
Old 2010-12-01, 18:39   #49
Oddsodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
So if used properly you would rather have two players waiting around doing almost nothing instead of one...
If you and your team want protection from the sky's. YES. Teamwork should always trump lone wolf.
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 20:38   #50
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
I disagree. AA vehicles are supposed to be defensive units and unless you pay somebody to do it, nobody is going to volunteer a driver. How much fun is that? Sitting in a vehicle and do nothing all day long?

Baserape however, needs to be treated alternatively. With a script kicking players who baserape - it's as simple as that.
Sorry to maybe-necro this thread, but VBF2 has this script. Auto Admin has it to where it knows when someone baserapes, rams, commits teamklling, a whole lot of really interesting features.
Maverick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, anti, driven or fired, solo, vehicle