project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
06 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2016-01-04, 07:53   #511
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Ask the (WW2-DEVS) a question ?

The server owners are allowed to freely host PR:WW2 even after the end of the Beta Test event. It's been said in various threads already, you must've missed it.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2016-01-04, 08:07   #512
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yep, what Frontliner says. The official beta is over, there won't be any patches now, but servers can run it as long as they like.

I need my WW2 fix as well, so I hope there will be populated servers still .

Old 2016-01-06, 22:08   #513
ZeroMoon17

My only complaint is that I want this released now! Great work on the mod Devs! I throughly enjoyed the beta test
Old 2016-01-12, 04:57   #514
Sgt.NightFire

I have noticed that some of the German skins are pretty dark (think the SS ones? Wehrmacht seem alright), also for some of their weapons, like the KAR98 has some really dark wood/metal textures. While the American skins look just about right.
Old 2016-01-12, 15:30   #515
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

I noticed that myself as well, though many I mentioned it to thought they were fine. I know the K98 is much darker on Omaha but I think that's just due to the lighting.

Old 2016-01-12, 17:02   #516
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think it also depends on the lighting of the map. Worth an investigation either way.

Old 2016-01-13, 15:18   #517
Sgt.NightFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
I think it also depends on the lighting of the map. Worth an investigation either way.
I never thought about that (always assumed the amount of light in a BF2 engine map was the same amount), but its indeed darker on Omaha.

This video of mine on Merville Battery has the German costumes allot lighter because of indeed the lighting, but you can see the Kar98 still looks kinda dark, especially any metal parts.

Old 2016-01-18, 19:24   #518
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

For anyone who hasn't seen this dev blog yet (been up for around a week or so) check it out!

"Covering fire!!" - Project Reality Forums

Old 2016-01-19, 09:22   #519
mries
Supporting Member

How does it come it doesn't show up in my normal forumview/feed? If I click on DevBlogs it is not there, I only found out about it in the PRlauncher

Old 2016-01-19, 14:57   #520
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

You can find em usually either on Facebook, on the launcher or on the "News" portion of the forums. I guess PRBot is having issues automatically posting dev blogs for some reason. It'd be best to just keep your eyes on any of those 3 sources though

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs