project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-04-19, 17:43   #541
Pte.Paynter
Banned
Supporting Member

Thumbs up Re: [Proposal] JGSDF Forces

They look really good love the models

keep up the good work mate.

Cheers.
Pte.Paynter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 20:16   #542
162eRI
Default Re: [Proposal] JGSDF Forces

I want to thank Pte.Paynter as he gonna try to make the Type 62 GPMG (known as Sumitomo NTK-62).
It's a medium machin gun, today replaced by the Sumitomo M249 but still used as support machin gun and for training. Its accuracy is really good, but the weapon have a lot of problems, mainly because Sumitomo is a civilian industry not used to make weapons.

As for the map, Fabiolo (who made maps for Stargate la Releve Mod) will try to make Oshidomari map 4kmx4km with the airport and the city/port)
Here some pix of the island and an interesting Japanese topographical map website:
Rishiri island
“dŽq‘“yƒ|[ƒ^ƒ‹

Cyberjapan website is perfect as we get the topographical map (no need to draw it LOL).
To see Oshidomari city, here the coordonates:
45 , 14 , 37.27
141 , 13 , 40.8
Last edited by 162eRI; 2009-04-20 at 22:04..
Old 2009-04-20, 20:22   #543
Pte.Paynter
Banned
Supporting Member

Post Re: [Proposal] JGSDF Forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]162eRI View Post
I want to thank Pte.Paynter as he gonna try to make the Type 62 GPMG (known as Sumitomo NTK-62).
It's a medium machin gun, today replaced by the Sumitomo M249 but still used as support machin gun and for training. Its accuracy is really good, but the weapon have a lot of problems, mainly because Sumitomo is a civilian industry not used to make weapons.

As for the map, Fabiolo (who made maps for Stargate la Releve Mod) will try to make Oshidomari map 94kmx4km with the airport and the city/port)
Here some pix of the island and an interesting Japanese topographical map website:
Rishiri island
“dŽq‘“yƒ|[ƒ^ƒ‹

Cyberjapan website is perfect as we get the topographical map (no need to draw it LOL).
To see Oshidomari city, here the coordonates:
45 , 14 , 37.27
141 , 13 , 40.8
Thank you for your post on me creating the Model, I will post some WIP screens when I get to a point that I think it is a worthy WIP post I will keep you informed best of luck with the map. Until then happy gaming
Old 2009-04-20, 21:43   #544
$pyker
Banned

94kmx4km woweee lol jokes
$pyker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:05   #545
162eRI

Hahaha, indeed! Thank you.
4x4km of course.
Old 2009-04-20, 22:21   #546
Pte.Paynter
Banned
Supporting Member

Exclamation Re: [Proposal] JGSDF Forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]162eRI View Post
Hahaha, indeed! Thank you.
4x4km of course.
Lmao that's good I was thinking as much
Old 2009-04-23, 22:16   #547
162eRI

I'm leaving tomorrow for one month of excavation at the archaeological site of Paphos... so there isn't any internet connection there >_<' But I will use some internet cafe time to time.

Means > when I came back I want this thread full of new things ROFL
Ok, just, feel free to post new WIP here

See you all
Old 2009-05-04, 13:35   #548
tmnoobage

Hey

Here's a random Japanese building I've been modelling. Its about 70% complete atm.

tmnoobage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 13:57   #549
Panzerfire

woot! Looks nice. We certainly need Japanese based statics. Would be nice if we could get some destructible statics eventually although I fear that'd be quite a lot of work.

BTW guys... Heads up because Japan might be getting a new fighter soon. I'm talking about the F-15SE: F-15SE Silent Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Silent Eagle is aimed at current F-15 users such as Israel, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and South Korea, among others.
It's not yet decided but this new version of the F-15 could be seen as the best alternative for the F-X program of the JASDF which currently contemplates selecting the Eurofighter, F-35 or the F/A-18E/F. Japan Air Self-Defense Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki also says that a decision is due for sometime next year. Just letting you all know of what could be the new JASDF main fighter.
Panzerfire is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 15:50   #550
162eRI

I would prefer them to make their own new aircraft (or buy our French Rafale rather than the crapy Eurofighter LOL)
Anyway, the F-15se is a nice plane and may be the best choice for them speaking of price (??).

Noobage, looking good as always! Thx
I can already imagine on top of it some Japanese commercial display for beer hahaha. Drink Asahi beer, always fresh! Oh, and you can add some water tanks and aircooling on the top of the building.

(Question=> ) Statics with a lot of windows are a problem (?) because that means > make an inside (to see through the windows) and make destructible windows too.

Some statics for the first map in Hokkaido would be nice too (like the lighthouse). High priority, well sort of haha) I don't remember if I sent you the pictures' file of Japanese statics?

Tags
faction, forces, jgsdf, proposal