project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-12, 21:59   #51
El_Vikingo

Whats an SA7, is it the mobile?

That video, does the the guy say "fire in d'ho!" OR "firin' now" (with scottish accent)????
Old 2007-02-12, 22:03   #52
Duke
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity

The insurgents suck. Their weapons suck. Going head-to-head against the USMC is going to kill you everytime. They aren't a trained or equipped fighting force. They're INSURGENTS. So stop running around in the open crying about helos and A10s. Stop trying to kill tanks with your puny RPG. Adopt some real insurgent tactics to counter the better equipped USMC. You cannot fight them head-on. You've got to change the way you fight.
THANK YOU!

Someone at last can see sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Whats an SA7, is it the mobile?
SA-7 is the insurgent's only anti air capeability. Its a pickup MANPADS (man portable air defense system)

[R-DEV]Eggman - At one point it said Realtitty which I think was a Freudian...
Old 2007-02-12, 22:14   #53
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauler
JP that was my squad and yeah you were trying to get us but I was in contact with the commander and did call air support on our position. You had us at a great disadvantage but due to the weapon it seems you couldn't get us. That was a very fun round.
Yes, that was too bad for us. I was thrilled with my AK47 pwning, but knew we had to wrap it up quick or we'd meet death from above.

Re: the main topic of discussion, I think that as people learn the style of insurgent play, they'll get better. As it is it does seem to be endless rapeage. But the one problem is that the CP mode of game play does kind of require a head-on assault to some degree, no?
Old 2007-02-12, 22:17   #54
Lothrian

It is very very possible to hit a Cobra with an RPG-7 ... but you need 2 hits for it to take out a Cobra minimum.

Here is how to do it:
1: Spawn into a spawn car
2: Realise your stuck with a newb driving it around the city beeping the horn to some god awful melody (you know the one)
3: Equip RPG-7
4: Aim away from the driver hoping to burn his face off with the blast area from the rocket burner
5: Shoot and watch the missle fly in a strange angle
6: Look suprised as you hit a Cobra you didnt even realise was there.
7: Realise the driver unhurt and your being driven to the airport whether your like it or not ... and they will hear you coming because the guy hasnt got bored of beeping to a tune.

Guarenteed to work 100% of the time!
Old 2007-02-12, 22:20   #55
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I think the Insurgent deviation should be tonned down a little.
The MEC should have even less deviation because of advanced training.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:43   #56
WNxKenwayy

How about this. I have personally be shot at by insurgents with RPG's. They are scary as hell, but not very accurate. They have no formal training, they don't go to ranges to fire live rounds. They believe "insha allah" will let them hit their target. The guys firing at us literally were 50m away and still missed. Granted we were shooting back and that probably didn't help matters. But a stationary humvee from 50m is a 10x easier target than a moving/hovering helo.

Also, the Black Hawk Down movie was a horrible representation of what the blackhawk's faced in somalia. In reality the only way they managed to score hits on the blackhawks was modifying the fuse to go off after a certain time (distance) to act as a sort of improve flak rocket. They also fired THOUSANDS of them, not the 2-3 you saw in the movie.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:49   #57
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity

The insurgents suck. Their weapons suck. Going head-to-head against the USMC is going to kill you everytime. They aren't a trained or equipped fighting force. They're INSURGENTS. So stop running around in the open crying about helos and A10s. Stop trying to kill tanks with your puny RPG. Adopt some real insurgent tactics to counter the better equipped USMC. You cannot fight them head-on. You've got to change the way you fight.
Yeah x3

Also, in the fil BH down, you see those two somalians fire the RPGs. Notice how the one that doesnt hit the BH goes right through where the tail used to be when thre other one hit it.....Lucky eh? Also, look at those two guys! i swear they insta-prone before they fire them! BH down is flippin Nilla lol.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2007-02-12, 23:12   #58
Wasteland

I understand that if the insurgents fight like they would as MEC, they should lose, hands down. But in a fight of US vs. insurgents IRL, the insurgents, even using insurgent tactics, will lose to the Americans. The Americans are doing poorly in the war because of all the day to day shit they have to do. The patrols, the logistics, and the random stuff that isn't modelled in PR.

So you've got to show the insurgents a *little* love, no? I think we should up the accuracy a tiny bit. But not much.
Old 2007-02-12, 23:49   #59
Figisaacnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerra norte
I suggest a more precise RPG for MEC with optics.

And a ironsighted one for the insurgents.

Sorry no pic.
I hope thats the long term plan
Old 2007-02-13, 00:00   #60
Rusty_FunP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt
You can honestly sit there and tell us you would fire an RPG from Prone position In real life?
Hmmh, thats what they taught us to do with LAW's and 110mm APILAS heavy AT's at the military. Are you suggesting that all the soldiers should stand up to fire the RPG's from behind the cover?

The firing stance was just like ideal stance firing with a rifle from prone, not directly straight to the forward, but diagonally to the left/right depending on the handedness of the weapon, of course a stance like that is not possible in the BF but what the hell.

Only thing you will have to care about is the backblast not hitting your own body or your teammates, which doesnt have to be taken care of in the BF either.

What comes to the other topics in this thread, i think that adding that deviation to the gun for the realism's sake for "less training" than the marines is damn stupid IMHO. Maybe these are the elite insurgent guerillas responsible for the many deaths in the area etc.
Let the training and the skills come from the players. They will start using the guerilla tactics sooner or later due to the tools in use.

Surely not all the marines in the USMC are not crack shots either. Should the engineers have reduced accuracy as well because they spend most of the time eating buns and repairing cars at the machine-pool, et cetera, et cetera.
Last edited by Rusty_FunP; 2007-02-13 at 00:11..

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, reduced, rpg