project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-03-01, 21:51   #51
ytman
Default Re: Crouch to standing shot accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
lesson #1 when dealing with campers, dont go in through the same door 10 times.

lesson #2 when dealing with bobbers, dont wait for them to come up.

simple enough?
While I definately agree with you about the first one; there are many situations where there is only one doorway to get to the campers. As we have no way to blow apart walls, collapse a complex, etc. I think mappers should always allow for three entrances to any section. Not including ladders.

The second one, while a good piece of advice, just doesn't account for a lot of weird things when dealing with crouch->standing.

A LMG should at least have enough time to be placed on the surface its user is covered by. Heavy AT weapons should have an adjustment phase as I doubt you can just pop right up while holding this big SRAW. In the end I think that the 'jack boxing' phenomenon is, on a gameplay level, unfair to efforts of supression.

What good is supression when the supressed can, at any moment, take a chance that he'll time the pops right, and pop the supressee? Give even a split second deviation settle time and I'd be happy and contended!

A lot of your arugements to keep 'Jack boxing' as an element of PR come from the fact that we are all absent of decoy type diversions when playing defensively. That is simply a terrible reason to justify something that goes against many efforts of the [devs] to make suppression an important tool for an offense.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 08:35   #52
KnightFandragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ganman View Post
Surpresse ur target and voila problem solved, you cant shoot accuratly if you cant see and if u think the guys got you zeroed,... move .
I so far have only been playing Coop with other people and was wondering, does the blurry screen for suppression actually affect the bots?
KnightFandragon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 20:28   #53
hornedviper

i have a heavy weight replica gun and tried crouching to standing and pulling off an accurate shot.
From my little" test" lol beyond 50m you cant shoot accurately after immediatly poping up.
but if theres nothing the devs can do about it i guess just have to put up with it.
hornedviper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 18:03   #54
BenHamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedviper View Post
i have a heavy weight replica gun and tried crouching to standing and pulling off an accurate shot.
From my little" test" lol beyond 50m you cant shoot accurately after immediatly poping up.
but if theres nothing the devs can do about it i guess just have to put up with it.

No. Just, no.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 22:09   #55
Linx_esp

Some days ago I found a video where it was shown how the accuracy is affected by the player's movements, i.e. when you crouch or you get prone but I can't find it
If someone finds it, please send me the url.
Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I have just found the video
Last edited by Linx_esp; 2011-03-25 at 09:45..

Tags
accuracy, crouch, shot, standing