project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 16:09   #51
=Romagnolo=

MUST

BE

IN

PR !

Nice job !
Old 2008-04-08, 17:35   #52
Jonny

I really hate the undergrowth fields, it makes snipers just too good. Can you have a static square with a LOD0 that is fully transparent and all others you cant see through placed around the fields to stop it?

It is also insanely laggy for me, I am only getting 15 FPS. Which is really really bad considering the size of the map.
Old 2008-04-08, 19:22   #53
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceon515 View Post
Change the fog color. It looks odd as it is now.
You know I played with the fog back and forth and it just looks wierd no matter what I do. Just comes with high hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post
moved the main Brit base up high
Bases is staying where it is. As for right now the Brits have 4 jeeps and a APC at the main base and two more jeeps at the outpost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I really hate the undergrowth fields...
They look and work allot better "in my map" then the static meshes. Plus the Brits need to be on the outlook at all times. And snipers in the grass will be the least they have to worry about.

Quote:
It is also insanely laggy for me, I am only getting 15 FPS. Which is really really bad considering the size of the map.
Ahhh the main reason is the damn editor changed a undergrowth setting before it went out. I'll have another on up shortly. If it still lags...upgrade

Thank you all for checking it out! Day by day its getting better.

My next big version I will try to get the British to wear the Royal Marine Commandos splits (green tops tan bottoms).

Version 0.75 uploading now
- File size went from 52mb to 39mb
- Undergrowth lag fixed (at least it should be)
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2008-05-13 at 01:23..
Old 2008-04-08, 19:38   #54
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderedfox View Post
You know I played with the fog back and forth and it just looks wierd no matter what I do. Just comes with high hills.
For a basic nice fog you should set the fog colour equal to the bottom colour of your sky texture (you can see what exact colours they are (red/blue/green) in photoshop )...
but a nice sand-fog would also fit...just play around with it

Old 2008-04-08, 19:44   #55
Mora

I say away with the fog or at least turn it wayyy up.
Old 2008-04-08, 19:55   #56
Jonny

Fair enough, but sinse the valley area is the only one with undergrowth and because of the trees, could you experiment with raising the view distance for the undergrowth? is it possible to raise the view distance on just the fields, not the other undergrowth?
Old 2008-04-08, 19:59   #57
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora View Post
I say away with the fog or at least turn it wayyy up.
Yeah I may just turn it up if I dont experience any problems. I would like the UK outpost to see the valley.

Quote:
Fair enough, but sinse the valley area is the only one with undergrowth and because of the trees, could you experiment with raising the view distance for the undergrowth? is it possible to raise the view distance on just the fields, not the other undergrowth?
The distance it up kinda high, the farther it goes the more lag. As it is rigth now if you at the top of the mountain you cant see it. The distance is set to 150.

And changing the undergrowth different from the "crops" cant happen, both are the same.

Version 0.75 ready
- File size went from 52mb to 39mb
- Undergrowth lag fixed (at least it should be)
* DOWNLOAD LINK * - PR_khara_075.rar

Version 0.8 ready later tonight PST
- UK base redone to match current UK bases in Afganistan. This being bases built around and in old Talaban forts
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2008-04-08 at 23:12..
Old 2008-04-09, 04:03   #58
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Its taking some time to get another one out, had a day of reinstalling the editor and now I'm getting glitches here and there allot with not being able to put down and stationary weapons.
Old 2008-04-09, 04:31   #59
[T]MLPatriot

looks amazing, I can see the servers crashing just trying to run this.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:39   #60
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

yeah I haven't ran it on a server yet, but I dont see any problems....but I haven't running it on a server yet. You all remember that old map that was FULL of grass, a dam, and two airbases? That ran fine for me so thats what I'm betting on.

There is allot I can back out of if it does create a problem.

ALSO are there lightmaps for the village destructible, I ant seem to get them working?
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2008-04-09 at 08:16..
Closed Thread

Tags
afganistan, khara, korengal, map, released, valley