project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-07-29, 19:39   #51
Killer2354

Default Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabalistik View Post
I mean OK, let's say the dragging for everyone gets added to the game in one way or the other. How often do you think players would use it in the game?

Also, to have a reason to drag someone to safety you would have to be able to revive them fairly quickly. If there are no medics close by, then there is no reason to drag a wounded player to safety. And if there is a medic nearby, then wouldn't it be best for the medic to drag the casualty and for the rest of the squad mates to cover him?

I really don't really see any reason to add dragging for everyone into PR, it's an unnecessary feature that would only be useful in very rare situations. The downside of having it is that it would clutter the selection menu making things more even complicated for new players.
There are definitely situations that dragging someone to cover vs just reviving them is a lot safer for both parties. If a friendly goes down right next to a corner, which happens quite a lot, you can grab a limb and drag them into cover without exposing the medic or reviving them and exposing them to a very real dead-dead scenario. There's also times that moving the body into concealment before reviving is a valid strategy that depends on the situations. They definitely aren't that uncommon.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-06, 09:43   #52
Vicious3o2

yes get rid of the knife for this. Would be used 10x more than knifing.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 15:54   #53
Vicious3o2

be crazy if you could even drag enemy bodies, stray too far from your unit and get killed? Well your body is going to go MIA too now!
Old 2023-09-20, 13:59   #54
Mdx00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
be crazy if you could even drag enemy bodies, stray too far from your unit and get killed? Well your body is going to go MIA too now!
I think that this is a warcrime
Mdx00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 12:27   #55
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
Imagine killing an enemy, dragging their body in a hidden area and then using the enemy kit to be in disguise to blend in, then assassinate enemies from behind - Hitman style :P

But enemy kits are locked out for that reason. One version of PR had no kit restriction on using enemy kit which made it hard to identify enemies at first (If they have no nametag, and the name appears red when looking - then enemy)

I'd say allow the support class to have dragging as there is plenty of slots avaliable to allow it.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-22, 16:02   #56
Vicious3o2

oh, I remember, and I preferred that. If it were up to me, I would change it to 132 players and unlock all kits tonight. increase spawn time by double and bring back the requirement to stay in bleed out for at least 2 minutes. And change all knifes for hands that "drag". I'd at least make this a "tournament" or hardcore mode for those of who want to play with a more milsim style on separate servers.
Old 2023-10-19, 00:02   #57
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Imagine killing an enemy, dragging their body in a hidden area and then using the enemy kit to be in disguise to blend in, then assassinate enemies from behind - Hitman style :P

But enemy kits are locked out for that reason.

I'd say allow the support class to have dragging as there is plenty of slots avaliable to allow it.
What about the dropped/no kit? The invisible one that spawns when dropping kit. There is slots for many things, dropping your kit to retrieve somebody who is wounded. We could have it there. With less stamina loss too due to no gear.

Dragging somebody wounded to safety who shouldn't have pushed up, will give them a chance at a learning experience at seeing what a safer position is in a dangerous area. Also medic can give them basic reminders of spread out, scan before moving, bail away from enemy gunfire.

Depending on the physics of dragging, I could possibly develop some way to use a friendlies body by a window as a decoy or dummy. I could use it as concealment for firing from a window if there is a table to put the body on in front of the window. Drag their body to where I want it so I can use it to play dead to kill many enemy with a grenade before reviving.

When I first started playing, I used to get a feeling of ASMR from being treated by a medic. Lots of potential for more visual depth to the battlefield.

Seeing wounded enemy get dragged around a corner from the edge of cover is humorous.

Seeing friendly get dragged, a man risking his simulated life to save another, it gets my emotions stirring.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-19, 13:00   #58
Mdx00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
What about the dropped/no kit? The invisible one that spawns when dropping kit. There is slots for many things, dropping your kit to retrieve somebody who is wounded. We could have it there. With less stamina loss too due to no gear.

Dragging somebody wounded to safety who shouldn't have pushed up, will give them a chance at a learning experience at seeing what a safer position is in a dangerous area. Also medic can give them basic reminders of spread out, scan before moving, bail away from enemy gunfire.

Depending on the physics of dragging, I could possibly develop some way to use a friendlies body by a window as a decoy or dummy. I could use it as concealment for firing from a window if there is a table to put the body on in front of the window. Drag their body to where I want it so I can use it to play dead to kill many enemy with a grenade before reviving.

When I first started playing, I used to get a feeling of ASMR from being treated by a medic. Lots of potential for more visual depth to the battlefield.

Seeing wounded enemy get dragged around a corner from the edge of cover is humorous.

Seeing friendly get dragged, a man risking his simulated life to save another, it gets my emotions stirring.
IMO Unarmed Kit has a lot of unused potential but should not be used as an active kit on the battlefeld. instead, i think that if you're alone far away from friendly units you could drop your kit and surrender. If you get killed by the enemies, they will get a malus on tickets + respawn time for time and score penality for the killer
Mdx00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 08:11   #59
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Yet another idea to add to this.

Another idea within this, how to let us shoot while bayonet fixed. Bind a switch to shoot weapon button to the knife button for bayonets, by pressing 1 again like change fire rate while bayonet active. Like how bipod deployed MG34 has its select fire set on the 4 for bipod.

Still have to bind reload weapon to work on bayonet for when bayonet selected. Could have it show indicator bottom right A(Automatic), 1(semi-auto), 3(burst) and D(Drag).

Everybody can drag everybody, crates and bodies. Dragging bodies is already integral to using the knife. Right mouse button knife drag for everything please. Not allowed to shoot while dragging, cause its under knife selector switch for RMB shoot/drag.

But not just drag bodies. Crates, light crates (1 man), big supply crate (2 men). Friendly or enemy.

But also vehicles with enough men, make it take certain amounts based on vehicle size and weight. Obviously not tanks. Civilians could riot against light transport jeeps or we could make roadblocks

Research people flipping cars, the make, model, weight, how many it takes. I seen like 20 people flip a bus.

Project Reality 2.0 is going to be a great game.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-15, 08:50   #60
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
But enemy kits are locked out for that reason. One version of PR had no kit restriction on using enemy kit which made it hard to identify enemies at first (If they have no nametag, and the name appears red when looking - then enemy)

But now this is not a problem any more. We have local communication and you can start asking him on local.

For dragging ammo. Let the medic use same drag on ammo box. It is a bit nonsense but on purpose on team work it works as helper roll. Where medic cant help dig but can relocate the ammo boxes.
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote