project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 20:59   #51
Wolfe

Or the commander who denies all JDAM requests except those by his clan buddies in squad 2.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:24   #52
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
As much as I love it, you just KNOW that it won't be used like that... Instead of having a blackhawk/flying pig airborne with an entire squad of troops ready to move in as soon as the strike's over, the JDAM will almost always be requested by foolish squadleaders on areas that are either completely devoid of enemy units, or that contain a single tank (that manages to escape), or that contains three friendly squads.
a dumb commander can ruin any good asset. the JDAM will be no exception.

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-E3xuQtqI
Old 2007-12-11, 21:28   #53
Swe_Olsson

its not about being dumb.. its all about communication btw Commanders & Squad leaders

Communication IS the KEY no exception
Old 2007-12-11, 21:29   #54
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Come on guys... can you be more pessimist?
Old 2007-12-11, 21:35   #55
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

dbzao,

i am totally pumped about these changes! my comment was just stating reality. it doesnt matter what kind of equipment a team has, if they have no planning or strategy that equipment is worthless. that's all i was saying.

i plan on annihilating people with this weapon. i cannot freaking wait!

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-E3xuQtqI
Old 2007-12-11, 21:45   #56
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
Come on guys... can you be more pessimist?
*grin* I'm sure I could manage a littttttle bit more... can see the day coming when someone accidentally requests a JDAM strike on the USS Essex and the commander hits "Approve" without checking the location first, lol. Pessimistic enough for you?

Seriously though, this will be an immense asset and one that makes people go "ooooh, wow!" every time it's used I'm sure. I'm definitely looking forward to using it, and dreading having it used against me.

I'm just also enough of a realist to appreciate that on open pubbie servers, it's going to be abused by sheer incompetence at times lol.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2007-12-11, 22:44   #57
Wolfe

Pessimists are optimists with experience.
Old 2007-12-11, 23:58   #58
***COMMANDER***

GET SOME ! ! ! ! !

We are ready for v0.7

Building a new server at TexasTeamPlayers tonight.... We purchased some new monsterous boxes and are putting the final touches on them and will be hosting the IP within a day or two.

We are chomping at the bit. We can't wait..... This is the Best Mod ever been built and our hats are off to the entire team.. We love Project Reality. It is truly the most realistic battlefield in existence and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks gentlemen.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:48   #59
danshyu

Certainly looks cool. But like somebody already brought up. It's very likly to be abused if it's game mechanic isn't handled properly.
Old 2007-12-12, 18:23   #60
hall0

This weapon would be great in pr
Closed Thread

Tags
jdam, weapon, weapons, wip