project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-08, 09:31   #51
Acemantura
Default Re: Falklands feedback general

i had a wonderful time with Rhino and Jafar yesterday doing what used to be unheard of unless you were running the training-mod/mode: coordinated air combat with more than 4 jets.

Congratulations on this bound forward, making this beaten and broken game engine power through the impossible.

Cheers
Old 2012-10-08, 10:30   #52
KneeHiGh
Supporting Member

Ok here are my thoughts so far. This is based on game play on the 100 player server on both British and Arg sides as INF haven't stepped foot in a plane or armor yet.

1) Scimi is very overpowered as it stands now. When I was leading a squad attacking goose green as Argies we set a FOB way down South behind GG almost near the beach and the scimi was shooting it from the top of the hill near San Carlos a distance of about 1.5ks away. The HAT is useless at this range let alone anything outside of 100m it seems.

2) Mortars are absolutely essential. I usually make at least 1 person stay behind and work the mortars then lead the rest of my squad on attacking and defense missions. The person on the mortar (assuming they are good and SL or sniper is calling corrections) most of the time racks up 20+ kills a round. ALWAYS BUILD MORTARS!

3) Building FOBs just outside of objectives will lead to less raping from CAS as they generally target the houses etc at the objectives.

4) Night map is good but still a little dark even when playing with curtains shut light off etc. Needs a bit of a tweak.

5) Argies deployable AA doesnt work. I keep getting a Asset Deployed text but nothing happens.

6) Always get a marksman/sniper in your squad they have optics enough said.

7 I do agree that more cover is needed around objectives even if it is just more rocks or houses its just a bit open when playing INF and having to run from 1 open field to another with everyone running for the same lone rock in a field.

I would also disagree that GB win most of the time. I played mostly Argies yesterday and Saturday and we won most of the time due to superior squad co-ordination. Yes the CAS was annoying but if you play smartly and avoid standing outside when at OBJ flags and build assets just outside of OBJs then they really arent a huge problem. I played mostly as a SL and really enjoyed it - having a good squad and co-ordinating with other squads was very rewarding.

Overall I have really enjoyed playing this over the weekend and congratulate the developers great map and very fun to play!
Old 2012-10-08, 11:37   #53
fabioxxxx

great addon ... no scopes = more team work ...
map is cool , not as bad to infantry as people where saying .
cool new effects .

haha first battles the brits always lost , after a few rounds they got the rang of it and start wining... single shot weapon = much more team work for infantry.

congrats devs .
Old 2012-10-08, 19:00   #54
Mayunia

gameplay versus reality, that is the question.
Many players complain about the long walk distances involved and the lack of binoculars.

During the Falklands War Argentinian ground units in most cases played a defensive role, especially during the night due to the small amount of night vision equipment that counted.

With the sinking of the Atlantic Conveyor the English lost many helicopters and supplies needed for the attack on Port Stanley, for that reason the British forces were forced to walk from their beachhead at San Carlos Bay to Port Stanley.

In summary:

The type and size is perfect for air operations, for this reason the pilots and antiaircraft operators are very happy, but the infantry is not happy

The flag system should change, capture two flags at once and great separation between these creates combats of very few soldiers and that bored.

All Argentine positions need fortifications and static defenses.

The maps should be night sieges on Argentine positions, the English should a large number of night vision and booby traps the Argentines and flares.

The color of the ground is very green and very bright, in April 1982 is autumn and the islands are near the Antarctic.

More weapons to choose from, the Argentines could lead to alternative MG FAP and the English the A4 L4 BREN.

I give you a link to a list of most of the weapons used in the Falklands and specifications.

Algunas armas utilizadas en la guerra de Malvinas 1982 ? Aquellas armas de guerra
Old 2012-10-08, 19:24   #55
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayunia View Post
The flag system should change, capture two flags at once and great separation between these creates combats of very few soldiers and that bored.
Players need to get use to it, it gives more of a tactical options and means more defending of points.

Quote:
All Argentine positions need fortifications and static defenses.
While yes in some ways it dose, this doesn't stop you from building them which in many ways is better than a defence in the same location every single round because players will know how to flank it, because they have done it 50 times before, rather than if player built, they don't know where it is until they see it, and that makes the gameplay much more dynamic.

Quote:
The maps should be night sieges on Argentine positions, the English should a large number of night vision and booby traps the Argentines and flares.
Umm, Brits didn't have much NV during the war, other than the NV sights on the Scimitar, in fact in some cases the Argentines had more NV than the Brits. The Brits just used illumination shots and other tactics once they had creped up close enough to the enemy positions.

And booby traps, what? The Brits where assaulting, dunno how you expect them to set any booby traps, they didn't even have any Anti-Personal mines with them...

Quote:
More weapons to choose from, the Argentines could lead to alternative MG FAP and the English the A4 L4 BREN.
Yes the FM FAP and L4 Bren is part of the design plan, both to fill the LMG spot for the AR in the future but right now we don't have thous models so we just have the GPMGs: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...sign-plan.html

Quote:
I give you a link to a list of most of the weapons used in the Falklands and specifications.

Algunas armas utilizadas en la guerra de Malvinas 1982 ? Aquellas armas de guerra
Nice ref, pretty much knew all that was in there but lots of pictures I haven't seen before, cheers!

Old 2012-10-08, 20:15   #56
Mayunia

I tell booby trap because don't need create a new model to apply it.

List of argentinian mines used in the war

El minado defensivo en la guerra de Malvinas - Taringa!

Last edited by Mayunia; 2012-10-08 at 20:28..
Old 2012-10-08, 20:44   #57
pedrooo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
And booby traps, what? The Brits where assaulting, dunno how you expect them to set any booby traps, they didn't even have any Anti-Personal mines with them...

I think he means booby traps for Argentina.
Old 2012-10-08, 21:19   #58
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think he means mine fields

Don't see us adding them tbh.

Old 2012-10-09, 01:02   #59
Boris

*deleted*
Last edited by Boris; 2012-10-09 at 01:06.. Reason: moved to a more appropriate thread
Old 2012-10-09, 05:24   #60
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i love it, it's a fantastic map. The VD is beautifully long. It could use a little more color but thats about it the color scheme is a bit bland and lifeless when playing infantry. You can also definitely use some new rock geometries. the giant boulders seem out of place, perhaps in time those can be replaced by jagged rock faces.

not sure if this is a thing, but using the taxi engines on the harrier causes the plane to nose forward off of it's rear wheels. almost flipped a couple of times. perhaps giving it a threshold where it's forward thrust is 0 and hover function is also still at 0 is the answer.

as for the lack of bleeding on jets, are you sure you just haven't reached the bleeding point? just like other vehicles you don't start to bleed till you have fire. i have bleed out in the sky quite a few times.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.

Tags
falklands, feedback, general