project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-11-21, 17:43   #51
PFunk
Default Re: Mumble 1.0: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love 13 buttons.

Agreed. The whole point of the new mumble is to have direct SL-SL comms. If any button should be moved its the Squad Radio button which basically replaces VOIP.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:02   #52
Ambush

I would love to start useing mumble, I just have never tried it. Sounds pretty sweet, and if everyone used it and HAD A MIC it would be great. Just getting some people to use the mic is hard enough!

Does anyone know if they will ever change the in-game VOIP to work like mumble? That would be best imo. Only because it would surely get used and obviously improve the game......

Pretty funny- played some Vanilla a couple weeeks ago and used my mic like it was PR..... Yeah we owned.... So i changed servers and maps and did the same thing.... Yeah 2 for 2! Owned them all! Point being, the mic is a huge advantage and some thing like mumble makes a difference.
Ambush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:15   #53
PFunk

In game voip is so low quality its not even worth the trouble. If you ever used mumble you'd never think that VOIP would ever be able to replace it. You join a squad and it sounds better than being in Teamspeak now. On top of that theres really low latency compared to VOIP so you hear people with practically no delay.

Use mumble, join the servers that use the new mumble, especially PRTA, and you'll see how good it can be. PRTA requires you to be in mumble so when the server is full everyone is on the new mumble. Its pretty sweet.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 21:51   #54
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
There are no excuses for not using Mumble anymore.
This. I dont want a SINGLE mofakka rambling BS about the gorgeous mumble.

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 09:42   #55
Mikemonster

I do love the 1-9 keys being Squad Comms.

The sheer fact that they are numbered 1-9 makes it SO damn intuitive to just talk to one squad it's unreal. I.e. look on the map, squad 5 next to you, straight away press button 5.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:02   #56
Gaz
Banned
Supporting Member

SGT.MARCO has done an outstanding job with this. I'd encourage everyone who plays PR to download the beta!
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:20   #57
pr0Life

Would it be possible to post a new item on the front page for this?
Or have some other download page that's easy to find from the homepage?
I couldn't find it when I was looking for it. And then today, I had a SL who didn't have it on because he didn't know where to find it.

I only found out there was a change at all when I noticed NO ONE using Mumble on the old server and people asking me to get on Mumble.

Oh, also happening to see this thread in "new posts" on my Tapatalk reader.
pr0Life is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 14:22   #58
Garack

ingame voip cut down the general BF2 sound volume. But i need to hear tanks, footsteps and shoots while i use voip and hear my mates. with mumble its way better i can hear voice and sourrundings.
Garack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
buttons, learned, love, mumble, stop, worrying