project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2014-09-15, 05:31   #51
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: [Map] Op.Sapphire(4km) [WIP]

This map reminds me of operation hailstorm

Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 06:47   #52
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

yeah guys, it's just a small little project, I'm basically done with it already. I finished all lightmaps yesterday so now it's basically just a play test left and then we will see how it it turns out.

I should have made the islands a little bit bigger, and yes more detailed with nice shallow water and white beaches. But as I say this is just a small project to see how fast I can make a decent map, and hopefully someone can have some fun playing it.
My next project will probably be a full 4km desert map which will probably make it easier with CPs and gameplay.
I realize this map is a bit risky when it comes to good placement of CP and therefore good gameplay, but we will just have to wait and see.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 08:36   #53
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I still am at a loss as to why your going for US Army SF littlebirds instead of CAS Hueys. It doesnt make sense.

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 09:01   #54
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
I still am at a loss as to why your going for US Army SF littlebirds instead of CAS Hueys. It doesnt make sense.
That's just on AAS32, AAS64 will have Huey and Osprey
Old 2014-09-18, 06:24   #55
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the line that runs across the map? One side is brighter and the other is darker..
I thought it would disappear after lightmapping the terrain :/
I don't think it shows up ingame but I can't make a proper minimap when it's there...
Old 2014-09-18, 10:08   #56
BroCop

Its a problem with ATI cards. Since you're generating the minimap as opposed to using the minimap tutorial im assuming its just a temporal minimap for testing purposes, you might wanna just photoshop the bottom half so its not noticeable (or at the very least match the bottom halfs water with the upper one so that its not that obvious)
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:21   #57
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Its a problem with ATI cards. Since you're generating the minimap as opposed to using the minimap tutorial im assuming its just a temporal minimap for testing purposes, you might wanna just photoshop the bottom half so its not noticeable (or at the very least match the bottom halfs water with the upper one so that its not that obvious)
The weird thing is I made a temporary minimap after generating terrain lightmaps on low and somewhere in the process it fixed itself, but now after final lightmaps it's like this..

I'll try to lightmap it on low again and see what happens.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2014-09-18 at 10:57..
Old 2014-09-18, 11:02   #58
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

Try setting the minimap file as read-only and try again? Sometimes the editor doesn't save things properly because the program is an outdated mess.
Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 13:52   #59
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Try setting the minimap file as read-only and try again? Sometimes the editor doesn't save things properly because the program is an outdated mess.
Wouldn't that just keep it in its current state? If it's read only can I still overwrite it with a new one?

Does someone know what this does:
1) using the console command, type out RENDERER MINCULLDISTANCE 10000
2) Make sure you press enter (if you do... the text i circled in red will show up in the output window.

It's from a minimap tutorial from 2007.. Don't know what it does though..
Old 2014-09-18, 14:13   #60
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
That's just on AAS32, AAS64 will have Huey and Osprey
Increasing the intensity of assets and decreasing the proposed player count doesn't make sense either. It'd make more sense and be a more valuable use of the content you've created thus far if you instead just revised an AAS32 asset layout that gave players an alternative approach to the map, and not one that simply compromises gameplay and immersion. This is the approach taken in the majority of official PR maps, otherwise they change the factions altogether.

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, opsapphire, opsapphire4km, sapphire, wip