project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-12-06, 16:16   #51
dunem666
Default Re: [Map] Prizrak (4km) [WIP]

i really like this, its like a merge between dragon fly and silent eagle

good jobby
dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:33   #52
Element-X_IV

So, I decided to use a back-up of the map to see if the lightmapping thing is gone, then i'll take care of the rest to get it to it's current state.

I'm also thinking of maybe changing the the village into a bit of a suburban area with the same buildings as on Dragon Fly or Iron Ridge, but making it look more abandoned and adding the smaller villages outside of it instead. Maybe?

After flying around on the map, I realized how shitty it was with all the terrain morphing in areas I thought would be cool. I'm gonna have to do alot of fixing with the terrain again.

It would still be an FDF vs. RU map, but depends if the FDF team will ever accomplish enough to make it a legit faction for PR.
So I guess this map will be for CF simulating a sort of Russian deployment for an invasion near Canada?
idk, It's just a fictional map with a fictional story set, only now did I realize I suck at making woodland maps :P But I'll still finish this, don't want all those hours spent making this map go to waste.

and how do I make the trees render more detailed?
They appear 2d in the distance and it looks like crap.

Thanks for the feedback and comments, it's very motivating.
Last edited by Element-X_IV; 2010-12-07 at 16:42..
Old 2010-12-07, 16:45   #53
BroCop

Why not make this a Ruskies versus the Yanks until the Finns are done?

AFAIK there is no US vs. RU map as of yet and its quite frustrating seeing how almost every other BLUFOR (heck even a few OPFOR factions) are in a brawl against Russia except for the US and UK
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:56   #54
Element-X_IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Why not make this a Ruskies versus the Yanks until the Finns are done?

AFAIK there is no US vs. RU map as of yet and its quite frustrating seeing how almost every other BLUFOR (heck even a few OPFOR factions) are in a brawl against Russia except for the US and UK
Well, I was interested in using the Canadians as a placeholder.

As dtacs mentioned, the Canadians are now more of a forgotten faction and have only like 2 maps to play with.

The US has enough maps to play on, they are used as placeholder WIP factions very often and even have more maps coming for themselves even one I'm making myself which I'm not really letting too many people know of right now. I'd like to use something else, Canadians would suit the map due to the sort of mountainous and woodland terrain.

My other Canadian map, Panjwai might be scrapped seeing as Rhino said afghan statics are being phased out now, and all I had to use for that map were those statics, so just thinking right now if I should scrap it or just keep it safe for a while, haven't really done much on that since it was pretty boring connecting those statics and had like half of that 2km map to fill with those statics.

So I guess now, I only work on two maps, switching from one to the other after an idea pops up or I get bored after working for hours on it.
Element-X_IV is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:47   #55
Bob of Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element-X_IV View Post
So I guess this map will be for CF simulating a sort of Russian deployment for an invasion near Canada?
Don't forget that Yamalia is in Russia, so the CF could be attacking somewhere else in Russia.
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:17   #56
Mora

Looks so depressing. Why not use a clear sky with some nice sunlight. Im getting bored with that sky, lots of maps seem to use that.
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 15:08   #57
Pantyfas

Although everyone would prefer fighting on sunshine the fact is that the sun won't always be there smiling for you.

I'd say not to care about the weather but rather the guy that is shooting at you or you are aiming at, because that's not so depressing after all

Pantyfas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:01   #58
Element-X_IV

Alot have changed on this map, Fog, Static, Overgrowth and Terrain color are very different and been made to look better, I have a finn advisor to talk to who helps me make it look as Finnish as possible.

Screens were supposed to be updated ages ago but I never did, I'll maybe add some in-game screens once I fix the CTD issues, the LM issue was fixed after I used a recent back-up of the map.

I've decided to keep this map until FDF Faction is released instead since I'm making slower progress on this as I no longer have as much time to use as I did before.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:13   #59
Element-X_IV

Alright so, It's all is fine and working now but I wanna fix something before I take my shots and maybe a video.

The trees render like crap, ugly as hell, and no longer render at the distance, can anybody help me as to how I can make it look more like the ones on Silent Eagle or the other maps?

Click here to see how bad it looks.

I tried searching for a fix with words like overgrowth, lods, overgrowth atlas and stuff. But I cant seem to find anything.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:42   #60
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Code:
Overgrowth.viewDistanceScale 1
Overgrowth.closeDistPercentage 0.3
aplly this in the Overgrowth.con

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags