project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-08-07, 08:20   #51
psychickactivity
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

ok No problem.see you ,)
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:24   #52
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

I've got to say that I've met some new players that have done their homework on local servers as far as flying is concerned. Two of them said they messed around in local and coop servers before heading into the 100 deployment servers and they did a nice job. Especially in the CAS Littlebirds on AAS Ramiel.

I wish I could remember their names. They said they came from a BF3 clan and that they're having a blast in PR.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:23   #53
Fresz

I rather recruit new players to my clan than veterans... Simple reason - I can teach them our tactics and responses from the start.

But some new players are just retarded...
Fresz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:30   #54
General534

It won't work.
General534 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:59   #55
Arotished
Supporting Member

I just started playing PR 2 weeks ago and I find most of the people on PR very kind. I mean, you can join a squad with like all clan-people and still they will threat you as one of their own.
Arotished is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 12:27   #56
disnoxxio

I'd have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by the kindness of some of the veterans, most of the times i'll just tell them i'm new to the game and they will react super kind. Most of them!

My compliments, there will always be some ignorant pricks or being so frustrated they curse @ us, but they have to remember they were also noob when they just started.

Also i just recommend to all new players read the guide! Its so much easier when u start with a little preparation, the TEST airfields are very nice to learn the basics as well
disnoxxio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:14   #57
Walmarx
Supporting Member

I love showing new players the ropes, it excites me to see so many new names eager to learn. Also, I wanted to thank Jafar for that gloriously inspiring post.

http://s2.postimg.org/zdxdhsts9/rrrrussia_sig_medium.jpg
Walmarx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:18   #58
Cassius
Supporting Member

May I suggest that we compile a strategy guide in a similiar format to the PDF? Not only will the playerbase have strategic tools that they can apply ingame because its common knowledge, but new players will get a feel for how the game is played.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 11:55   #59
Oskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
May I suggest that we compile a strategy guide in a similiar format to the PDF? Not only will the playerbase have strategic tools that they can apply ingame because its common knowledge, but new players will get a feel for how the game is played.
Nice suggestion. I guess you better start working on it now then, Cassius!
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 12:21   #60
Pronck
Supporting Member

I have reacted in different ways to the new players, sometimes very kind and sometimes frustrated as they said half way the round while being on the edge of overrun that they were new and that they didn't understand the grenadier kit. Sometimes it is so frustrating that you curse, but well I always curse and people have to bite through that. However I see that some people even if you don't curse (sometimes I don't) have just a structural problem of listening to other people, following the rules and following their officers. This pisses off a lot of squad leaders who are trying to be nice, but if you get pissed off by one guy it is really hard to be nice 5 minutes later to 3 new players who are not familiar with PR. I will never give up though and I will keep trying.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran