project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-05-01, 04:15   #51
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Critical Open Tasks

Cheers, all done there now although had to add some dirt to the supply crate flag and also remake the hugeflag_arg82.png as it wasn't the correct rez or format but that wasn't a problem

Also future note, please send textures in .psd format with all layers so its simplest to edit if needed although .tga was fine, .dds isn't good thou as you get into a downward spiral of re-re-re-re-compression but not a problem here, just for future ref

Cheers for the awesome work!

Old 2012-05-01, 11:41   #52
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Oh, sorry ya will do for next time

Old 2012-05-02, 17:32   #53
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Also one other thing I need CTRifle if you or anyone else is up for it is a texture for the 3D flag on the flag polls.

Can find the texture in objects\common\flags\textures\prflags1_c.dds and just replace the Russian flag there and try and keep the alpha channel this time please too

Cheers!

Old 2012-05-02, 19:40   #54
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Lemme know if this is what you want. I saved as both a PSD and DDS
Attached Files
File Type: rar new_3d_flag.rar (265.9 KB, 5 views)

Old 2012-05-02, 21:05   #55
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

humm, a bit blurry tbh and the black bits don't match the alpha: http://i.imgur.com/9tRCz.jpg

A simpler way of getting the alpha to match up is to not bother with the black edges and just make the flag extend over the alpha's border, much like in prflags3_c.dds although some bits don't quite meet the border there either.. :http://i.imgur.com/CPKtO.jpg
It also helps a lot with mipmaps to do that too

Old 2012-05-03, 02:46   #56
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

here's my second try. I made the alpha match up, but idk about the decal, but tell me if its good or not.
Attached Images
File Type: psd prflags1_c.psd (516.7 KB, 13 views)

Old 2012-05-03, 05:58   #57
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Alpha looks good although better to extend it further over the alpha for the mipmaps but the main texture looks quite artificial now

Note the Union Jack below, the white on that flag isn't white, its more a cream colour, mainly due to the dirt on it too but even where there is little dirt its still only around 75% white. And ye the black smudges etc don't help I think.

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll get it in the end

EDIT: also had a slight change of mind on which flag to replace, same texture but can you instead replace the top green flag? We don't use that flag anymore, left over from BF2:SF iirc so would be best to replace that one leaving the Russian one

also as a side note you don't need to worry about too much fake lighting/shadows on the texture as the normal map will do most of that but a little bit helps

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-05-03 at 08:58..
Old 2012-05-10, 22:12   #58
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

bumpy, still got quite a few key tasks that need doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Hey guys,

As per the design plan: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...sign-plan.html

Got a load of open tasks that really need doing and here I'm going to list the main, critical ones, big and small that I'm hoping some of you guys might be able to take on.

If anyone is up for taking any of these tasks please post below or PM me and I'll fill you in with any info you need and all the refs I have/can get on the item.

There are also less critical tasks listed in the Design Plan that need to be done if you want to help out but none of the above tasks are right for you.

Cheers!
@CTRifle, you still working on the 3D flag texture?

Old 2012-05-15, 03:10   #59
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Sorry been busy this past week, lemme know if any issues
Attached Images
File Type: psd flag_#2.psd (635.1 KB, 9 views)

Old 2012-05-16, 12:41   #60
Figer

Very nice work guys, congratulations!

Tags
critical, open, tasks