project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-04-06, 23:39   #51
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Mini-mod] PR:BF2 Falklands

Then think its worth making?
Old 2012-04-07, 07:50   #52
Doc.Pock

yes.
7char
Old 2012-04-07, 17:59   #53
alexandrei07
Banned
Arrow Re: [Mini-mod] PR:BF2 Falklands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfire View Post
Ahww too bad stuff for the BF2 version wasn't finished.

But I understand when people shift to the ARMA games for modding projects. Far more freedom there.

Hello, effectively mini-mod Malvinas V0.1 (based on PR0.917) stay stopped for not having technical support, we were told that we needed to present the proposal of the faction Argentina "AR" for which a team was formed I get to have 4 people at some time while on our forum was opened a subforum for modding Project Reality en Espa?ol - RealityMod Latinoam?rica and started working on the basics to see if we could submit a work plan in RM, with hard work and dedication we can make a custom faction WIP based on models of soldiers, some weapons and vehicles "U.S." which were painted and so adjusted PR was achieved also make an addon to be installed in PR0.917 without modifying the core files and managed to work very well; other static, map falklands, vehicles and weapons were taken from other mods (on loan) only for use in private as a basis for testing and comparison, we also repainted, but seeing the enormous effort and technical limitations that we had because we are amateurs and we had media lost interest so we started to see if it was easier in PR_ARMA https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f44...rwin3-wip.html but also we have the same limitation.

PLAY LIST VIDEOS:

mini-mod Malvinas v0.1 MOD MALVINAS v01.00 - YouTube

addon PR ARMA PR-ARMA2 - YouTube

edit:

Last Project plan: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...=0&output=html
Last edited by alexandrei07; 2012-04-07 at 19:01.. Reason: add last project plan
Old 2012-04-09, 18:55   #54
Rodrijandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
One thing you could help me out with if you can find any info on it is did any of the AAVP7A1s stay in the Falklands after the initial landing? I've got some mixed reports on them all returning to Argentina afterwards, and some being engaged once the task force had arrived...

Also if you could find out any info on how Argentina used its Hueys that would be good too

Cheers!
"La Compa??a de Veh?culos Anfibios a Oruga, ha demostrado su valor y rendimiento en combate. El 2 de abril de 1982 a primeras horas de la ma?ana, participaron de la Operaci?n Virgen del Rosario para recuperar nuestras Islas Malvinas. Mientras avanzaban por la ciudad, los VAOs 05; 07 y 19 recibieron fuego enemigo, sin embargo no hubo consecuencia para los infantes embarcados. De esta manera contribuyeron a la recuperaci?n de las Islas por parte de la fuerza de desembarco para luego reorganizarse y reembarcaron en el buque de desembarco tanque A.R.A. San Antonio para emprender el regreso al continente."

"The Amphibian Vehicle Company has demonstrated its value and performance in combat. On April 2, 1982 in the early hours of the morning, participated in Operation Virgen del Rosario to recover our Malvinas Islands. As they moved through the city, the VAOs 05, 07 and 19 received enemy fire, however there was no consequence for the Marines on board. in this way contributed to the recovery of the Islands by the landing force and then reorganize and re-embarked on the tank landing ship ARA San Antonio to start back to the mainland. "

Blog de las Fuerzas de Defensa de la Rep?blica Argentina: Armada Argentina. Historia de la IMARA

" Se dispon?a de cinco SA-330L Puma, de la Compa??a de Asalto bimotor; nueve UH-1H Huey de la Compa??a de Asalto monomotor; tres A- 109 RUNDO y dos Chinook."
"was available about five SA-330L Puma, Assault Company of twin-engine, nine UH-1H Huey Assault Company's single-engine, three A-109 Rundo and two Chinook."

Aerovirtual - La Caballeria del Aire

And more of Hueys
"como medida de autodefensa a todos los UH-1 se les coloco dos ametralladoras MAG de 7,62mm a cada lado de la puerta de carga"
"as a measure of self defense all UH-1 were placed two guns MAG 7.62 mm on each side of the loading door"
El Huey En La Argentina | Foros Zona Militar

Old 2012-04-10, 23:12   #55
alexandrei07
Banned
Default Re: Falklands initial modding topic

Quote:
Cool, if You Could send me what you have it would be good, but from what I can see Are not These models from other mods like AIX, DC and EOD2?
RHINO: If you are interested I can upload to FTP the latest version of the faction Argentina Custom.
Old 2012-04-11, 07:54   #56
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Would be good encase there is anything I can use

Cheers.

Old 2012-04-11, 11:16   #57
Technoelite

Erm Rhino i know you are using the Essex with a sky jump representing the carrier at first, but erm would you like me to start work on a proper model of Hermes or Ark Royal. Havent modelled in a few years so i will need to get some up to date software any you recommend.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:27   #58
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It would be really awesome to have an Invincible class aircraft carrier, but it is by far the toughest type of thing to make for BF2, as you first need to be a good modeller, you secondly need to understand BF2's static texture palettes system fully and thirdly, you need a hell of a lot of time on your hands to do it well.

If your really up for this, I would first suggest you make a few normal staticobjects, starting with something really simple like a basic prop or two, and moving up to something like a medium sized building and once you've fully done that and got them exported to the game, checked up and got the all clear from me, then you will be in a much better position to make a carrier, but this will take quite a bit of time to do the above, before you can start thinking about making a carrier hehe.

You might want to consider modelling something else quite a bit simpler like a handheld weapon etc, although this wouldn't teach you much about the texture palettes etc as they don't use them, would help the mod out just as much

If you really want to go straight into making HMS Invincible then please do and I'll support you where ever I can, providing I have the time (which I don't have that much and probably less coming up) but I think you will find your end up having to do quite a lot of rework, possibly even find yourself remaking most bits from scratch.

Old 2012-04-11, 23:54   #59
torenico

I have a question about the Sniper Kit for the Argentina. What specific model are they gonna use?

I heard multiple reports that they used scoped K98s and others said that they used M14s with a very limited number of AN/PVS-2 scopes.

You guys have anything else?.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:11   #60
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...sign-plan.html

At the moment undefined but looks like it might be the Mauser 1909, just need to check with our MAs.

Tags
falklands, initial, minimod, modding, prbf2, thread, topic