project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-08-25, 01:20   #51
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Proposal] New Zealand Defence Force

As much as you may want the NZ forces (And i am not saying you cant try) TBH i just dont think there is enough people that would be willing to put enough effort into getting all the assets done. i Mean take a look at the aussies, We started up almost 2 years ago and only have one modeler apart from ancientmans nade and two texture artists and then as soon as i went on deployment the aussies came to a holt. Reason for this is we just did not have and still dont have enough guys on our team, reason i say all this is, will there be enough guys who will be willing to see this faction to the end? Dont think i am putting the idea down at all, I have served with NZ troops and there good soldiers nothing agaist them but i just cant see it getting finished. I mean sure you might get some assets done but most of the work load will be on one or two ppl and if one diseperes then your screwed.

Just think it over ask your self this:
1 Have you got enough ppl to make the assets
2 How long will it take to make the assets
3 Is it worth it (Not just yourself but the whole community)
4 What will it bring other then just another gloyrified faction

Theres more but i cant be stuffed. Again dont think i dont want the NZ forces ingame i do, but i cant see it being finished, by all means prove me wrong

tonnie

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-08-25, 01:32   #52
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Tonnie View Post
As much as you may want the NZ forces (And i am not saying you cant try) TBH i just dont think there is enough people that would be willing to put enough effort into getting all the assets done. i Mean take a look at the aussies, We started up almost 2 years ago and only have one modeler apart from ancientmans nade and two texture artists and then as soon as i went on deployment the aussies came to a holt. Reason for this is we just did not have and still dont have enough guys on our team, reason i say all this is, will there be enough guys who will be willing to see this faction to the end? Dont think i am putting the idea down at all, I have served with NZ troops and there good soldiers nothing agaist them but i just cant see it getting finished. I mean sure you might get some assets done but most of the work load will be on one or two ppl and if one diseperes then your screwed.

Just think it over ask your self this:
1 Have you got enough ppl to make the assets
2 How long will it take to make the assets
3 Is it worth it (Not just yourself but the whole community)
4 What will it bring other then just another gloyrified faction

Theres more but i cant be stuffed. Again dont think i dont want the NZ forces ingame i do, but i cant see it being finished, by all means prove me wrong

tonnie
Tonnie i see where you are coming from.

But...

We have a team assembled and are beggining production of this faction already. It will be worthwhile to the community when we get our Unimog and NH-90 finished. The pinzgauer is low priority as it helps no one.

a lot of reskinning is taking place at the moment, but i understand that that is simply not enough progress to earn a forum slot. We have a few custom statics that have been amde for the Bamyan map. The map is well underway but still only at around 55% completion.

We are planning the Unimog and NH-90 at the moment but are having slight difficulties due to the fact that our modeler has prior comitments.

NZDF faction only plan to make 3 maps, of which 2 we would like to see in PR.

We are looking into ways that we can make the weaponry differ from the Ausforces without getting unrealistic. This may include things like having an Elcan on the rifle instead of the ADF acog, or vice versa.

Quote:
If you would like to join the team then contact me, not who dares wins (he has not been online for quite some time and is not involved in our team at the present time)

HangMan
Old 2009-08-25, 03:13   #53
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Righto was just making sure... Good luck

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-08-25, 03:21   #54
ChiefRyza

Making a PR quality vehicle is no walk in the park

Also remember you need to do voices after that, custom kit geometry etc etc.
Don't take this as us being on our high horse but we have a much larger Australian population and so we had those resources available to us. Nonetheless if you can find the people and get it out in the open then we'll back ya up
Old 2009-08-25, 06:19   #55
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
Making a PR quality vehicle is no walk in the park

Also remember you need to do voices after that, custom kit geometry etc etc.
Don't take this as us being on our high horse but we have a much larger Australian population and so we had those resources available to us. Nonetheless if you can find the people and get it out in the open then we'll back ya up
I appreciate the difficulty involved in making vehicles. We do need to expand our team... So if anyone wants to help out it would be much appreciated

As for custom kits, they need to be done but are low priority while we are using reskinned british ones. I think i may have to take up modeling again to do these.

We are hoping to use some of the assets being made by other community factions, but cannot get access to them yet as we are not an acknowledged faction (which is fair enough, security/confidentiality needs to be tight)

HangMan
Old 2009-08-25, 13:31   #56
Qaiex

It makes me sad to see the P226 chambered in 9mm when it could be chambered in 357 SIG..
On topic however good luck! Where are New Zealanders active today?
Old 2009-08-25, 21:39   #57
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
On topic however good luck! Where are New Zealanders active today?
All over the world. Mostly peacekeeping but we hav regular forces in Timor Leste, The Soloman Islands, and Afghanistan. They r the AO's we wish to focus on.

HangMan
Old 2009-08-26, 07:46   #58
HangMan_

Here is a design plan that was put together by me

NZDF Design Plan

Enjoy

HangMan
Old 2009-09-19, 23:21   #59
woodzkiller

lolz i like the idea but when you pick guns dont they have to be used in there army or made by a that faction? cuz the minimi is from belgium
ps: most people think that the famas is from china but its actually french
Old 2009-09-20, 02:20   #60
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzkiller View Post
lolz i like the idea but when you pick guns dont they have to be used in there army or made by a that faction? cuz the minimi is from belgium
ps: most people think that the famas is from china but its actually french
wow most random post ever :P

also hangman the link take me to Google spreadsheets and not to ur NZ one

Tags
defence, faction, force, proposal, zealand