project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-06-11, 07:29   #51
VaDj[Anti-tank]
Default Re: Falklands Testing Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Test is over, Downloads removed.
Epic fail
Old 2012-06-11, 07:30   #52
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDj[Anti-tank] View Post
Epic fail
That your posting this here in the Feedback topic? Yes that is epic fail

Old 2012-06-11, 07:44   #53
VaDj[Anti-tank]

I would also like to know:
How to use the mortar?
How to take the M60 machine gun? I saw a soldier who was with the M60.
Old 2012-06-11, 07:52   #54
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersson View Post
Rhino, we should arrange a 200 player one night event for the Falklands map.

Like we had the 200 player battle in the PR Vietnam Operation Rusty some time ago
I have two questions.

Would this be possible?

And is there a interest in the community for such a event?
I think people seem to miss that this was an beta test and that the map (well mostly assets and the Argentinean faction) is no where near ready yet If you want to hold a real (realism) event on it , then you have to wait for the release.

But to answer both your questions, yes and yes

Old 2012-06-11, 08:17   #55
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDj[Anti-tank] View Post

I would also like to know:
How to use the mortar?
How to take the M60 machine gun? I saw a soldier who was with the M60.
Mortar, same way as in normal PR...
M60, its only on the RHIB (boat).
Any more questions, please post in another topic, this is a feedback topic, thanks...

Anyways for the people who actually played this:

I would like feedback on the following items please, as well as anything else you would like to add, the more I get the better
  1. What do you guys think of the Atlantic Conveyor being destructible? Was it too easy to destroy, did it re-spawning feel too gamey, etc?
  2. How was the Air Combat, did any of the jets seem to have any clear advantage?
  3. How was it flying helicopters?
  4. How was the A-1H, propeller plane for both guys flying it, and guys on the ground?
  5. How did the SMGs play out being the medics main weapon, and officers alternative weapon and did the MP5 make up for the Argies having full auto FM FALs?
  6. Did you guys feel the Argies getting a logistics Truck at Goose Green at the start of the round was a little too much for them to dig in?
  7. What do you guys think of the Rally Point at Mt. Malo?
  8. Any other points you thought where not quite right, and needed improving on or where just right, and shouldn't be touched?

Cheers!

Old 2012-06-11, 08:49   #56
MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Anyways for the people who actually played this:

I would like feedback on the following items please, as well as anything else you would like to add, the more I get the better
  1. What do you guys think of the Atlantic Conveyor being destructible? Was it too easy to destroy, did it re-spawning feel too gamey, etc?

I can't really say I never saw it destroyed but maybe that's because no one really tried or knew?

2. How was the Air Combat, did any of the jets seem to have any clear advantage?

Personally I found the Mirage to be better than the Harriers overall, doesn't really matter which type of Mirage vs which type of Harrier. They are so much faster that when there is a Harrier behind you, you just fly straight, turn on afterburner and pop some flares. You outrun the Harrier with ease.

3. How was it flying helicopters?

I can't say anything about flying one, but the Chinook with it's amount of flares and toughness seems to take a lot, which is not bad per se seeing as there's an immense amount of AA Cover.

4. How was the A-1H, propeller plane for both guys flying it, and guys on the ground?

I have seen it used to great effect, if the infantry isn't paying attention to the Skyraider they are going to get wiped by it. Perhaps there is a way to include another Vulcan or something similar for when the Brits cap Douglas as first or something.

5. How did the SMGs play out being the medics main weapon, and officers alternative weapon and did the MP5 make up for the Argies having full auto FM FALs?

Actually had a few sneaky medics and officers using the MP5 to great effect. Especially around Goose Green and the hills east of San Carlos. They're very situational but so are a lot of weapons. It's just right.

6. Did you guys feel the Argies getting a logistics Truck at Goose Green at the start of the round was a little too much for them to dig in?

It is, they can build a FOB with a Milan and an IGLA site at the time the Brits just crest the ridge @ San Carlos. The FOB + that ridiculous ZPU it will result ina very hard time for the Brits even with CAS. The ZPU is the biggest problem though, might want to nerf it either change it's location or change the up/down angle.

7. What do you guys think of the Rally Point at Mt. Malo?

It's good but perhaps put it a bit more towards Tumbledown. So the walkingArgies don't beat the British in a Land Rover. Any willing squad that has some discipline and a plan can easily spawn at Malo and rush for Douglas. Beating the Brits 9 out of 10 times.

8. Any other points you thought where not quite right, and needed improving on or where just right, and shouldn't be touched?

Goose green is a bit too easy for the Argentines, especially with the ZPU. Perhaps try to change a bit around Goose (and perhaps Douglas) to accomodate for the British having to walk from Carlos whereas the Argies spawn there.
I edited in some comments.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:58   #57
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

What do you guys think of the Atlantic Conveyor being destructible? Was it too easy to destroy, did it re-spawning feel too gamey, etc?
It should be more easy, my CAS pilots were for some reason unable to destroy it will the 'special' mirage. And it should stay destroyed or have a longer respawn period to stay true to the real life bombing of the chinook cargo ship.

How was the Air Combat, did any of the jets seem to have any clear advantage?
It was fair fighting.
How was it flying helicopters?
brutal, so much AA on the ground and jets in the air to shoot you down, specially for the Brits it was insane.
How was the A-1H, propeller plane for both guys flying it, and guys on the ground?
very effecting for gun runs. From all planes it was the most effective for gun runs in my opinion. Might be because of the good pilots at the time but while the mirages were busy with the harriers and dropping bombs on lazes, the A-1H was always good for CAS against a various amount of targets.

Did you guys feel the Argies getting a logistics Truck at Goose Green at the start of the round was a little too much for them to dig in?
yes
What do you guys think of the Rally Point at Mt. Malo?
In the first testing weekend it was quite fair fighting. But this weekend all the rally points for the argentians made it unfair.
Any other points you thought where not quite right, and needed improving on or where just right, and shouldn't be touched?
From based on 4 to 5 games I played this weekend the British need something to balance out against the hill-camping capabilities of the Argies. Also Goose green could use some more cover. The Scimi or some good covered infantry can really camp the surrounding hills without ever attacking the objective itself. Also there should be another placeholder faction for the Argies because the uniform color is quite light The jet fighting doesn't need much change, keep it as it is. I think the infantry needs more attention.

Old 2012-06-11, 09:45   #58
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Did you guys feel the Argies getting a logistics Truck at Goose Green at the start of the round was a little too much for them to dig in?
Yeah, this really needs some tweaking. I dont really know what would work, maybe put some mapper placed defenses there? foxholes, TOW emplacement, things like this. Or spawn the truck not inside the vilige itself, but somewhere halfway to ARG main. This would make it possible for them to build up some defenses.

How did the SMGs play out being the medics main weapon, and officers alternative weapon and did the MP5 make up for the Argies having full auto FM FALs?
It really did the job for medic, liked it as a great personal defense weapon. Especially when British lack full auto on their rifles.

Any other points you thought where not quite right, and needed improving on or where just right, and shouldn't be touched?
As was said, last weekend it was fair fight, this weekend it was really easier for Argentines. This time we were basically fighting only around Goose Green and Douglas, with few exceptions. I think this is caused mainly by Goose Green being too easy to defend at the start of the round.

Old 2012-06-11, 10:20   #59
RazoR41

I tried it alone, you done a really good job with the map!

darn it was a long trip in game to explore! :P
Old 2012-06-11, 10:55   #60
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

How was it flying helicopters?
If enemy jets not hunting each other... they hunting you!
Also, at night layout cannot see anything from helicopter, even ground.
I think at flags we need some cover for LZs. AA at center=crashed helis everywhere

Tags
falklands, feedback, testing